Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Alive

Pain

by YamiAlchemist 0 reviews

The world is split up between regular people and Hikari's. The Hikaris are controlled by the "Organization." Yugi is one such Hikari and what happens when he breaks every rule set? YYxY AU

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi,Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 703 words - Complete

-1OOC
Chapter 8

Pain

Pain… so much pain… pure pain. Pure, unhindered pain, if such a thing existed, flashed through Yugi’s body. He wept openly at the immense pain that filled every fiber of his being. It hurt so much. The pain was so intense; nothing could come close to describing it. The only thing that could attempt to give it justice was as if one was to have their entire body ripped apart slowly piece by piece. He didn’t acknowledge the sound of Kaiba’s footsteps as he came to give them food. He didn’t even hear the door closing behind him as he left. The only thing in his mind was the pain and the extreme need to have Atem near him. He blindly pulled Atem closer to him and sobbed harder. It hurt him. It hurt him so much to be away from the one being that was quite literally the other half of his soul. Atem himself was weeping in his sleep. His dreams infected with such hurt and sorrow, that, even unconscious, he still felt. The pain slowly overwhelmed Yugi’s mind and he slipped into blackness. The pain lessened a little but never left him.

Two days later…

Yugi groaned as he opened his eyes. Every movement still hurt him, but he was at least able to form a coherent thought now. He moved his head to the side and glanced at Atem. Atem hadn’t woken up once in the past three days, the pain keeping him unconscious. Yugi, despite the soreness of his body, reached over and brushed a lock of hair out of his Yami’s face. He seemed to be so peaceful now. Almost as if the pain had never happened, but Yugi knew the difference. He knew how much relief sleep brought his darker half now. He too welcomed sleep almost desperately for it dulled the pain. He cupped Atem’s face and gazed almost lovingly at him.
Crimson eyes opened to meet amethyst and Yugi smiled softly.
“Good morning, love,” he whispered.
Atem attempted to nuzzle the hand that was resting on his checks, but shuddered as the tiny movement brought a wave of pain through his body.
“What happened?”
“I… I don’t know… I think… the separation didn’t go well…” Yugi whispered.
“All I remember is pain. Such blinding pain,” Atem whimpered.
Yugi groaned but ignored the pain as he turned over and pulled Atem into his arms. They both sighed in relief as the other somehow managed to chase it away. Yugi planted kisses all along Atem’s face as his Yami clung to him. The shadows gently covered the two in an attempt to alleviate the pain. The light bathed them in a warm soothing glow as it attempted to do the same.
“I think… we were never meant to be separated. I think when we were injected with the serum, it triggered something. Something that forced the separation to continue even after the antidote was administered. The shadows… Oh Ra, Atem, the shadows were the only thing that made sure that we separated completely and not go insane,” Yugi whispered.
“I needed you so much it hurt,” Atem whispered.
“I’ll never leave you,” Yugi whispered.
“I need you,”
“I won’t leave you,”
“Forever…”
“I can’t leave you…”
“Don’t let go of me…”
“It hurts to even think of leaving…”
“Always together…”
“Always here…”
“Always touching…”
“Forever…”
“Forever…”
The two clung to each other. Their minds and bodies almost shattered beyond repair. The only thing that would ever make them better was each other. The constant pets, hugs, and kisses were the only thing to soothe the ache they felt. Even years later, after this story is complete, whenever one felt pain, a single touch from the other would make them feel better.
But for now the two slept. Arms around each other so tight that it could have been considered crushing. The two boys didn’t care. Their minds, hearts, bodies and souls needed the touch, needed the contact between their two bodies in order to dull the pain they felt. Sleep was a small relief for the two beings.
Sign up to rate and review this story