Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Hurricane

Chapter 1

by SixxLuver94 1 review

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-03 - Updated: 2010-09-03 - 1875 words

3Exciting
Lauren and her friend Jaime were waiting in line at the Vegas House Of Blues,to go see 30 Seconds To Mars. Jaime who was a huge fan convinced her friend Lauren to come along,even though Lauren hated the band with a blind passion. Nobody understood why. And Lauren couldn’t even give a reason,but everyone knew that she did have a reason,she just doesn’t want to share.
“Come on,Laurie,You know you like this band.” Says Jaime. Lauren glares at her,crossing her arms.Truthfully she loved the music,it was amazing but…everything was different now. Her feelings were different and she couldn’t change the outcome.

As every fan pushed their way into the House Of Blues,Jaime went to get a some beer. Lauren looked around for a place to stand. Half and hour later a New York band called a Million Years came on stage. Halfway through the first band,Lauren felt a little woozy so she had to go leave the building for some air.

As she wraps her arms around herself,she hears some comotion going on in the courtyard. She frowns and heads over there. “THAT’S BULLSHIT,JARED!” says the 30 Seconds drummer and brother of Jared’s. Shannon Leto.

Jared leans against the piller,pissed. He looks away. Tomo Milicevic,the guitarist of 30 Seconds watches the two brothers. “Look,I don’t feel well. Ok?The fans will understand.”says Jared. Shannon shakes his head. “No,they won’t. You have canceled a show here a month ago. You seriously believe they will forgive you,just because you don’t feel well?” says Shannon.
Tomo notices Lauren. He grins. “Excuse Me.” Says Tomo and walks towards Lauren who backs up. Shannon and Jared talk in low voices.

Tomo grabs Laurens arm. “Hey.”he says. Lauren turns around and looks at him. She smiles. “Hi,Tomo.” She says. Tomo hugs her. Lauren closes her eyes,breathing in his scent. “What are you dong here?”he asks. Lauren pulls away. “A friend made me come along.” She says. Tomo raises an eyebrow. “All the way to Vegas to see us? Where are you staying?” he asks.
Lauren puts her hands in her jacket pockets. “Um,that Holiday Inn once you get into Vegas,off interstate 56.” She says. Tomo smiles.”How’ve you been?” he asks. Lauren shrugs. “Same as usual. Just -- “ Lauren here’s yelling inside the House Of Blues. “Why don’t I get Jared and Sha—“

Lauren’s eyes widen. “No. I don’t want them to know I’m here.Tomo promise me you won’t say a word to them” she says. Tomo begans to back up. “I can’t promise you that,Laur…” Lauren inhales a shaky breath. “Tomo,please promise.I beg of you not to say a word.” She says. Tomo hesitates. “I promise,but you owe me one.”he says,before walking away.

Jaime smiles. “Thanks,Tomo.”she says under her breath,before walking inside to find Jaime.
After a Million Years ,and Australian band Violent Soho came out and played. And after them they took an hour to set up the stage for 30 Seconds. And when they came out on stage,they played their best.

During Hurricane,Jared glance Lauren’s way and frowned but continued on singing. Lauren moved to a different spot on the floor so when he looked back he didn’t see her.
After the show,Lauren took Jaime’s arm and they both walked out. Jaime was shitfaced,and Lauren was pretty shaken up,worried that Jared actually saw her. As they get in the car,and Lauren begans to drive off, she realizes that maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to come along.
Jaime stumbles out of the car,once they get to the Holiday Inn. Lauren grabs a hold of her and takes her inside. “I had fun.” Slurs Jaime. Lauren nods,and the two get into the elevator.

Meanwhile Back At The House Of Blues…

Tomo and Shannon were talking backstage to the two bands that opened for them,when Jared walks in,and over to them. Shannon looks at him. “Hey.”he says. Jared smiles. “Hey.”
As Jared stands their,not really listening to the conversation just wondering if he really saw his Ex there in the crowd or if she was just a figment of his imagination. And if she was his imagination why does she suddenly start appearing in his imagination? It’s been three years,since he last saw her,…left her in a hotel in the UK.
Maybe he really did see her here tonight,but why would she come,wouldn’t she hate him for a lifetime…or maybe he imagined her because this is where he first met her. At a Danzig show,here at the House Of Blues.

“Dude,you okay?” asks Shannon. Jared nods. “Yeah. I’m fine.”he says.
Tomo laughs. “Yeah,man. It was an amazing show tonight. I knew it right away when I saw Lauren--“Tomo closes his eyes knowing he messed up big time. Jared stands up. “Wait,you saw Lauren?”he asks Tomo,who tries to ignore the question.
“Tomo,you saw her? “asks Shannon. Tomo sighs. “Yeah,I saw her. I spoke to her.” He says. Jared bite's his bottom lip.

Great,so he really did see her. It wasn’t his imagination. But why would she come?
“Dude,do you know where she is staying?”asks Jared. Tomo raises an eyebrow. “Look I promised her I wouldn’t tell you or Shannon that she was here -- “
“Yea,well you fucked up on that. And it’s too late to take it back. I need to know where she is staying,dude.” Says Jared. Tomo sighs.”She’s staying at that Holiday Inn,off interstate 56.”says Tomo. Jared runs off. “Dude,where are you going?” calls out Shannon,but he doesn’t get an answer. Tomo groans. “Me and my big mouth. Jesus,I’m fucked.” He says.


Lauren lays on her bed,thinking about the past. Thinking abut how she felt things for Jared even though he left her at some crappy little hotel 3 years ago in the UK. She hated him for that,but… when she saw him tonight she felt things she couldn’t even explain.
Why’d he leave her in the first place? It should have been her leaving not the other way around. Did he even love her back then. He said he did many times,but like a lot of his personality he hides his true feelings.

Suddenly someone started banging on the door. Lauren just lay there unknown to her that if she gets up and opens the door,her Ex would be standing there. Jaime rolls over moaning. Lauren gets off her bed and walks to the door. Without looking through the peephole she opens the door.
“Would you lay off the banging-- “ she looks up at him,and her breath got caught in her throat . Jared stood there,a hood on and sunglasses covering his identity. Which Lauren found pathetic. “Can I come in?” he asks. Lauren looks into the room to find Jaime still sleeping. She closes the door behind her and steps into the hallway.

“um,…Jaime is in there.” She says. Jared takes her hand. “We’re not having this conversation in public.” He says leading her out into the main lobby. “We need another room.” He says to the desk clerk behind the counter. Jared pays for the room and takes Laurens hand in his and walks over to the elevator.

Once they get into the elevator,Lauren glances at Jared who was leaning agains the elevator wall,his eyes closed. As they get to the 3rd floor the elevator stops and opens the door. Jared walks out onto the 3rd floor hallway and Lauren follows.

They reach the hotel room Jared got , Lauren leans against the wall and closes her eyes. Once Jared unlocks the door Lauren walks in. Jared closes the door and shurgs his jacket off.
Lauren sighs. "So, what do you want? You obviously came here for a reason." she says looking at him. Jared bites his bottom lip in thought. "Tomo told me--"
Lauren chuckels, shaking her head. "Tomo. It is always Tomo. I gotta learn to stop trusting him when it comes to you and I."

"Don't blame him for this shit alright? It's Tomo. You should know by now that he tells me everything." Jared raises his voice. Lauren crosses her arms. "Yeah sure. Maybe I should learn to start blaming you for every fucked up thing thats been happening in my life recently since most of it is your fault after all."
Jared snorts. "I didn't do shit to you." he says. Lauren sits down on the bed. "You left me." she says quietly looking down at the floor.
Jared leans against the wall.

An uncomfortable silence between the two.

"Why did you come see us play tonight, Laur"? asks Jared breaking that numbing silence. Lauren looks up at him. "Jaime wanted to see you guys. She has been talking about it for months, trying to convince me to come with her and I finally caved, agreeing to go if she would shut up after." Jared nods in understandment. "Lauren, when I told you that i never wanted to see you ever again..."

Lauren puts a hand up stopping him in mid-sentence. "Don't Jared. just don't. it would be for the best if you and I went our seperate ways and walk away. I can't deal with another heartbreak. Not from you. or anybody for that matter." says Lauren, keeping her eyes locked with his. After a while Jared breaks eye contact, convincing Lauren that this conversation was over.

"Goodbye." she stands up, walks over to him, wraps her arms around him in a hug. Jared exhales, hugging her back. Breathing in her scent one more time. "Goodbye, Lauren." he whispers in her ear. Lauren pulls away, smiling up at him. "By the way, you were.. amazing up there tonight. Best concert I have ever spent my money on." she says. Jared grins. "Already knew that." Lauren chuckels. "Of course you did." she rolls her eyes backing away from him.

She turns towards the door and as she opens it, Jared stops her mid-way. "Tell me something, okay." he says. Lauren tenses up. "If I never left would you and I have made it without killing each other?" he asks. Lauren turns around to face him, a grin on her face. "I don't know. I never even got the chance to find out myself." she says.

Jared nods. "Why do you ask?" He shrugs. "Honestly? Just out of curiousity." he answers her meeting her gaze. Lauren bites her bottom lip, in thought. "Goodnight." she finally says walking out of the room, closing the door behind her. Jared sits down on the bed, his gaze still locked on the spot where she was just standing a few seconds ago.

"No matter how many nights that you lie wide awake to the sound of the poison rain"
Sign up to rate and review this story