Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki

Sucker

by maigo 0 reviews

"Gojyo loved suckers. Cherry, green apple and a new face at the poker table were at the top of his list of favorites." [5+8]

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Cho Hakkai, Sha Gojyo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-05-04 - Updated: 2006-05-04 - 191 words - Complete

1Insightful
~*~

Gojyo loved suckers. Cherry, green apple and a new face at the poker table were at the top of his list of favorites.

That final flavor was occasionally a necessity as well. Hakkai was tutoring, but neither of them really had a steady job and Gojyo supposed neither of them ever would. He certainly didn't want one and Hakkai, as much as he clearly enjoyed having students, never went near the actual schoolhouse if he could help it.

Gojyo didn't ask why. Hakkai liked to pretend he harbored no resentments, and he certainly harbored none against the wrong group of townspeople altogether.

So Gojyo gambled and looked for fresh faces with happy demeanors and fat wallets. And later he'd come home and dinner would be waiting and if Hakkai had been his girl, there would have been a kiss on the cheek from whoever brought the other their tea.

And if sometimes Gojyo wondered why Hakkai still looked like Hakkai in that scenario and not curvy and welcoming Xia from the pub or even what Gojyo privately thought Kanan might have looked like; Gojyo didn't really think too hard about it.
Sign up to rate and review this story