Categories > Original > Romance > NYC

NYC

by Sillylittlelover-96 0 reviews

She meets a guy, falls in love, and loses more than she could have ever imagined on the way.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-09-21 - Updated: 2010-09-21 - 698 words

-1TrainWreck
A/N: ok, so this is my first story so please be nicee, and im only gonna post the first couple of chapters for now so review if you want more, enjoy!! :) S x

Chap 1

Right. Im Lilly, Im 22, And i work for a music magazine as a journalist/writer thingy, i'm a brit living in the US, i've lived here for a year now,and this is the story of how i met my fiance, and how i lost my sister on the way.
It all started when a friend of a friend gave me a call telling me he had connections with the Used lead singer, Bert McCraken and could get me an interview with the band, i was in hysterics. It was my first big scoop. I kept thinking that maybe this time my boss will see how good i am and promote me. HA. Anyways, so my friend hooked me up and set a date for us to meet, the next few weeks flew over my head as i researched everything i could about the band, family history, previous jobs, the lot. I got my self so excited when the night before came, i couldnt sleep. Looking back its seems kinda silly, but i was young.



6 months earlier.

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP.....

"Ah shit..." i muttered as i reached over and turned off my alarm, i looked at the time and then slumped back under the covers. "SHIT!!" After a few seconds of warmth and comfort i realized that today was my interview. I jumped out of bed and walked over to my closet, flung open the doors and stared at the contents for a few minutes before fishing out a pair of comfy black skinnys, a grey shirt that showed off my cleavage and a pair of greyish lace up biker boots from Camden Market back home. After dressing i walked over to my mirror and began straightening my hair, once done with that i picked up my eyeliner and started on my make-up. Finally i grabbed my bag and walked out of my bedroom only to be greeted with smoke filling my lungs and the smell of sweat lusting in the air. I walk into the kitchen to find Gregg, my gay room-mate, wafting burnt toast around.
"May i ask what the hell your doing...?" i said as i made my way over to the fridge.
"No, you may not."
"Ok then...I demand to know what your doing..." I turned to face him as he dropped the toast in the bin.
"Apparantly it keeps the spirits away...it seems to be working..." he looked around as if he could see the "spirits", i chuckled uder my breath, grabbed my keys and phone and walked out the door.


Standing on the curb outside the studio where i was meeting the guys, i could not have been more scared, but, deciding that something like this probably wasnt going to pop up again i took a deep breath and pushed the door open. As soon as i was inside i felt a little better, maybe this would go well. Or maybe not. I walked up to the receptionist and said my name and the band name and she ushered me into the studio where the guys were belting out a song i didnt recognize but appreciated all the same. When the song ended, a guy claiming his name was scott asked me to follow him into the other room, where i found myself sitting on a sofa opposite the band with nothing to say.
"Okay...so, um, lets start off with, what was it like going from praticing in your basement in Utah to being signed and recording you songs in LA?" After the first couple of questions i began to relax and enjoy myself a little more.
In no time, the interview was over and the Guys were being called to leave the studio, so i thanked them for their time and kindness and told them that the interview would hit the press in about 2 weeks and they were gone, it was kinda blurry, really, but i didnt care, i just interviewed a world known band.
Sign up to rate and review this story