Categories > Original > Fantasy

Unexplainable

by EmmaNight 1 review

In a world where everyone possesses the gift of magic, there are some people who are even more gifted. What kind of gifts to they have? How do they use them? Gabrielle Johnson is just about to find...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2010-09-24 - Updated: 2010-09-24 - 260 words

0Unrated
Prologue

Somehow I feel that Destiny doesn’t really like me. I mean, how else could one person encounter so much misfortune? I had once claimed that she hated my guts and nothing in this life was ever going to make me take back that claim.
Not that I expected this life to continue for much longer. I would be surprised if I were still breathing tomorrow.
I let out an annoyed sigh before I stealthily continued to make my way towards my current goal. I wondered about my parents, too; had they known that this bloody school was so undeniably life-threatening? And if so, why had they made me go here? Did they want to get rid of me?
I vigorously shook my head to clear it of such idiotic notions and concentrated at the task at hand. I couldn’t lose my focus for even a second; not unless I wanted to lose my own or my companions’ life.
I made myself look at the persons with me. It felt odd to call them companions when we weren’t even interested in the same thing. We all had a different goals and we all used different ways to accomplish our goals. But we were companions, there was no denying that.
“Let’s go, guys.” I opened the door to what I knew was the last obstacle I was going to have to face. I prayed to whatever entity out there that we would survive this and breached the entry to the Room together with the rest of them.
Sign up to rate and review this story