Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > These Wings Of Ashes

These Wings Of Ashes

by breestar 3 reviews

It was wrong of me. All wrong. I noticed his teeth-or fangs, and his messy long black hair. But a part of me thought that I could save him. Be with him. I couldn't process that It was the unthinkab...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-09-27 - Updated: 2010-09-27 - 1020 words

3Original
Don't Own MCR!


Summary
It was wrong of me. All wrong. I noticed his teeth-or fangs, and his messy long black hair. But a part of me thought that I could save him. Be with him. I couldn't process that It was the unthinkable, or the impossible.
His eyes were red as he staired at me appologeticly. Something about him was beautiful. Weather it was his borad shoulders or masculine arms. His hands cupped my face with his piercing eyes still hooked on mine. "I love you, and I'm sorry", he shed a tear. After that, his vampire speed led him away from me. Into the night where I never expected to see him again.


Chapter 1
Silver


I was enjoying my usual after school large tripple-tripple coffee. Reading Shakespears "Othello" for my english grade twelve assignment. It was the fourth time I've read it. Not that I've failed grade tweleve four times, but Othello was my favorite play. Ever. The movie wasn't bad either.
The breeze of the fall air swept my long black hair away from my too consontrated face. Pulling my boyfriends football team jacket tighter around me. I was sitting under a tree not far from my home towns local coffee shop. A place I've always gone to, to think and do homework. Othello seemed to be the only thing keeping me at ease today. This past week I've been seeing and hearing things. I heard breathing in my ear last night right when I was about to fall asleep after watching the Supernatural marathon till two thirty am, I got up I ran to my window where I thought I seen a tall black shadow of a man. Upon seeing it I went straight back into my bed hiding under my sheets. Too scared to sleep for the last four hours before school. Thus, the bags under my brown eyes and lack of good ol' liquid foundation for quick touch ups. It really wasn't my week.
Seth, my boyfriend and school's star quarterback, thought I was watching too many horror shows. (Oh, like the Zombieland movie and Supernatural shows were THAT terrifying) But I never bothered to argue with him. His thin lips and chesnut-choppy hair always made me melt everytime he looked at me with his big green eyes.
Seth had very powerful views about the supernatural. See, where I'm from, we have vampires. Blood thristy, vampires. No one in the town traveled much. We stayed on the good, rich side of town, where they stayed on theirs. Oh sure, sometimes one of ours would travel to their side, tourists. We would warn them, and they'd die. Hoping to become a creature of the night. These vampires arn't fairy tale, they are beautiful, but mostly dirty, living in the streets. I've never seen one, but Seth has. He was walking around with his football buddies causing havok upon our side of the town. They had been drinking after winning the tourniment. They said one vampire had been across the street, screaming at them in a foren lanuage. When it ran across the street it started to attack David, Seth's best friend. Thankfully he remembered to bring a silver knife with him, and kill the vampire. But David's blood had already been drained, Seth waited for David to start turning when he struck the silver knife through David's heart too. Vampire's cannot touch silver or their skin starts to burn. They also can go into the daylight, but prefer not to. It's too painful on their eyes.
Seth says all vampires are like that. Evil. The town thinks so too, because they are killed on sight. I don't believe that. I think we could live in peace. But who's going to listen to an eightenn year old girl?
Ever since the incodent with David, Seth made me wear a silver crusifix around my neck so no vampire could touch me. He tried to get me to carry a knife, but I refused. I told him I didn't believe in killing, and it only started our first fight.
I woke up, pouring myself a bowl of Fruit Loops cerial. I sat on the couch, flipping through the channels. I seen David's picture, and then the headline. "High School Football players attacked by vampire, one turned and killed by best-friend."
"You think I should've let everyone, including myself die then?" He half smiled, teeth and fists clenching.
"No! Seth, I said that I don't believe in killing, meaning that I couldn't kill!"
"Whatever, I'm going for a drive."
"Seth, please, I know it was the right thing for you to do."
"Your not going anywhere alone, ever. Even in the daylight."
"What?! You can't control me!"
"Leigh, if you're not going to carry a knife, then I'll have to be with you everytime you leave your house." He pulled me into his embrace.
I agreed with him then, but I managed to convince him I could be away from him during the light, as long as I was in view of the public. That's why I'm here now, alone, drinking my coffee. I was visable to the public. His only other conditions were to wear my necklace and that I have my cellphone fully charged, and with me at all times. We've never actually faught since that day, we had been together for over a year now, and that fight was around six months ago. Seth refuses to go on the street where David died. He also never got in trouble for killing them, he got a reward. The mayor gave him two medals, one was for killing the vampire, and the other for killing a vampire even knowing it was his best friend. The mayor gave a long speech on how it was brave of him, and even more brave for killing something that was once his best friend. For having the courage to do it. I attended that ceremony, the whole town did. I didn't believe it was right, but I had to be there for him. He was so upset for weeks after the accident.
Sign up to rate and review this story