Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Bob was gone

by frankiegee 1 review

Bikey. Bob confesses something, then disappears. What will Mikey do?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-09-29 - Updated: 2010-09-29 - 1808 words - Complete

0Unrated
After a long day recording, the five men returned to their small shared apartment. It was not that they couldn't afford anything else, it was just that it was close to the studio and they would not spend much time there anyway, it was just a place to sleep, shower and store clothes. Mikey was pretty worn out as he grabbed a drink from the mini fridge and headed towards the bedroom he shared with Bob.

When Mikey entered the room, he noticed Bob sitting on the mattress next to Mikeys bed looking stressed.
"Hey Bob, what's up dude?"
"Hey Mikes...uh...can I talk to you?"
"Sure, fire away" Mikey said, as he sat down on the makeshift bed next to Bob.
"Well, um, Iknowthisisn'ttherighttimeandallandIshouldhavesaiditagesagoandyouhaveAliciaandthisisreallyinappropriatebutIcan'tholditinanylongerandIneedtotellyou'cosIthinkyoushouldknowandIdon'tknowhowtotellyoubut- "
"Bob, you're rambling"
"Sorry..."
"Now whatever you need to tell me just tell me, you can trust me with anything"
"Anything?"
"Anything. Now, what is it?"

"...I...Iloveyou..."
"...what...?"
"I said I love you..."
"You're shitting me, right?" Bob looked on the verge of tears and Mikey immedeatly regretted his words.
"I'm sorry...I'm just shocked, is all..." Bob sat in silence, staring at his clasped hands in his lap. Mikey placed a long, slender arm around Bob's broad shoulders.
"I'm sorry Bob, I really am, but..."
"I know, you don't love me"
"Of course I love you, but not...that way...Alicia..." Bob looked at Mikey as the words left the younger man's mouth and Mikey saw the pain and heartbreak in his eyes. Bob suddenly stood and left the room, mumbling something about sleeping somewhere else. Mikey sighed as the door softly closed behind Bob and laid down on the mattress and closed his eyes, soon drifting off into a restless sleep.

Early the next morning Mikey was awoken by the sound of movement in the room and opened his eyes to see Bob collecting his scattered belongings and packing them into his large duffel bag.
"Bob..." Mikey called groggily "what're you doing?" Bob looked up but quickly returned to packing.
"I'm leaving"
"Why?" Bob ignored the question, zipped up his bag, hoisted it over his shoulder and left the room. Mikey lay stunned for a few moments until Bob's words sank in. Bob was leaving. Mikey quickley scrambled up out of Bob's bed and stumbled across the room towards the door. He saw Gerard, Ray and Frank standing in the living room, looking shocked, but barely acknowledged them as he bolted through the door and down the stairs.When he burst out into the bright sunlight of the parking lot, he was met with the sight of Bob slinging his bag into the back of his pickup.

Bob began to round the truck to the drivers door as Mikey yelled out his name. He spun around in shock and Mikey could see the tears streaming down his face as he raced towards him. He flung his arms around Bob as he too began to cry.
"Puh-please don't go!"
"I have to" Bob replied in monotone, hugging Mikey tightly.
"Please don't leave me..." Mikey whimpered, getting desperate.
"Mikes?" Mikey looked up at him, hope and fear in his eyes."Can you do me a favour?"
"Yeah, of course, anything..."
"I know this will probably make you hate me but you'll never have to see me ever again after it"
"Bob, what is it?"
"Will you...will you kiss me?"

Mikey stood in stunned silence for what seemed like hours, though it was really only seconds, before he slowly leaned foreward and pressed his lips gently against Bob's. His eyes slipped shut as he enjoyed the feeling of the soft lips caressing his own and the sight of the fireworks dancing on the inside of his eyelids. Their tears mixed on their cheeks and, too soon, Bob pulled away.He mumbled something incoherent and he backed away. He began to sob as he climbed into the truck, started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot into the street. Mikey watched him dissappear with tears streaming down his face, soaking his shirt. Bob was gone...

Mikey stood crying in the parking lot long after Bob dissappeared from sight. After about an hour, he decided that getting pneumonia probably wasn't the best idea and went back inside. He walked into the apartment, past his brother and remaining bandmates and into his bedroom. He ignored his bed and curled up on Bob's mattress instead, wrapping the comforter Bob had forgotten to pack around himself. It smelled like him. He lay there for several hours, undisturbed, until he had cried himself to sleep.

The following weeks went by the same way, Mikey lay in bed all day every day, sometimes rising to use the bathroom, rarely eating. The new record was put on hold as the other bandmates moped about the apartment wondering why Bob left them, but no-one took it as hard as Mikey. Alicia had become annoyed with his moping and ignoring her and had given him an ultimatum. He had continued the way he was and she had left him. His life was collaping around him. He just hoped no-one else would leave. But one day, over a month later, Mikey couldn't take it anymore. He got up, showered and dressed. He was a man on a mission. He packed an overnight bag and walked straight out the door, past the others, downstairs and out into the parking lot.

His car was still there, untouched, after its weeks of neglect. He threw his bag into the back seat and climbed in behind the wheel. He went through his TomTom to find his previous destinations and he found what he was looking for; Bob's parents house. He started the car and headed off for Chicago.

One extremely long car ride later, Mikey arrived at his destination. He parked his car at the end of the driveway and stumbled up to the front door, drunk from exhaustion. He rang the doorbell and stood slumped against the doorframe until Bob's mom answered. She was shocked to find Mikey, her sons best friend, about to collapse on her doorstep. She quickly ushered him inside and sat him down on the couch before hurrying upstairs to fetch Bob.

Bob couldn't believe that Mikey had made the journey to his home, and by the sound of his mother's story, without stopping! He still didn't want to face Mikey after what had happened, but he knew that he had to, especially after what Mikey had done. He slowly walked downstairs and into the living room, only to find Mikey asleep on the couch. Bob, not wanting to wake him, gently lifted Mikey, bridal-style, and carried him up the stairs. He didn't wake, which Bob was glad of, and only showed signs of life once, when they were half-way up the stairs and suddenly, Mikey curled up closer to Bob's chest, grabbing a chunk of his shirt in the process, and sighed happily.

When they reached the landing, Bob, without thinking, took Mikey straight to his room and laid him on the bed. Bob was trying to prize his shirt from Mikey's suprisingly strong grip when he woke up, though just slightly. His eyelids fluttered and his hold, if it was even possible, tightened.
"Don't go. Don't leave me again." Mikey mumbled. He rolled over, the hand holding Bob's shirt now trapped under his body. Bob, suddenly tired, just lay down next to him and pulled the covers over them both.
"Don't worry Mikes, I'm not going anywhere. I'll never leave you again." Bob replied quietly, before drifting off to sleep to the sound of Mikey's soft snores.

The next morning, Bob woke up with Mikey's lanky body curled around his own. This is what Bob's life should be like, he thought. He was stiff after sleeping in such an awkward position and needed to move, but without waking Mikey. Easier said than done. Mikey's eyes slowly slipped open and he looked up at Bob, looking confused.
"Bob...?"
"Yeah Mikey, it's me" Bob smiled.
"Please say I'm not dreaming" Mikey begged.
"You're not dreaming Mikes. You drove all the way here to see me." Mikey seemed suddenly wide awake.
"Why did you leave me?! How could you just leave!?" Mikey demanded, sitting up quickly. Bob was taken aback. He had rarely seen Mikey so angry, and never at him.
"I had to-" he tried to explain, but Mikey cut him off.
"You didn't have to do anything! You chose to go, to leave me behind...to break my heart... " he whispered the last part.

Bob just stared at Mikey; shocked. Had he heard Mikey correctly? Bob saw a tear begin it's slow journey toward Mikeys jawline and quickly wiped it away with his thumb. Mikey grabbed the blond man's hand before he could remove it and held it to his face. He looked at his friend with hope- and tear-filled eyes. Bob slowly moved his head foreward and kissed Mikey's lips gently, putting his free hand on the back of Mikey's neck. When the kiss ended, Mikey smiled at Bob.
"I've to call the guys, they must be worried sick..." Mikey thought aloud. "I probably should've told them where I was going..." Bob laughed; typical forgetful Mikey.
"Hey Mikes?" Mikey turned to face Bob, cell phone in hand."Can you give the guys a message for me?"
"Sure, what is it?"
"Tell them we'll see them in a few days" Bob replied, smiling.
"Oka-wait, we?"
"Yeah, we. Remember what I told you last night? I'll never leave you again. I don't care if we can't be together, the past few weeks have been hell and I can't not be with you, even if you'll just be my friend."
"...I don't want us to just be friends..."
"But-"
"Alicia and I broke up. She was sick of me moping so she ended it. She said that I was taking your leaving way too hard, that you were only a drummer and I shouldn't be acting the way I was."
"What did you say?"
"I told her you weren't just a drummer, that you were my best friend and the most important person to me. That without you I didn't really have a reason to get up in the morning, or do anything else for that matter."
"She must've taken that pretty hard"
"Yeah, she was pretty pissed. But I don't care, it was all true." Bob smiled.

"Bob?"
"Hm?"
"I love you" Bob's smile grew.
"You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say that " He crossed to Mikey in three quick strides and wrapped his arms around the skinny man. He smiled widely at him before capturing his mouth in a kiss.
"Mikey?"
"Yeah?" he grinned.
"I love you too" and, with that, they kissed again.
Sign up to rate and review this story