Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lasarythe

Chapter 4

by lynn

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres:  - Published: 2010-09-30 - Updated: 2010-09-30 - 926 words

?Blocked
I got deeper into the woods and I could hear the refreshing sound of music coming from a clearing slightly ahead. As I got closer I could make out my friends from behind the bush. There was Frank playing his mandolin and Ray was strumming his lyre. Asher really didn’t have much musical talent. He kinda just sat on a stump and hummed along. The girls were missing today. Usually Frank brought along his girl Adela and her best friend Mira would tag along most of the time. We liked them though so we didn’t mind them joining our manly circle.
I stepped out of my cover from behind the bush and walked over to my friends. I planned on sneaking up on Frank, whose back was towards me, but me and my clumsy ass self couldn’t help but make a shit load of noise trying to step over the twigs and fallen leaves.
“Gee! Is that your fat ass trying to sneak up on you?”
“Aw be nice Frankie, you know how Gee is self-conscious.” Asher always seemed to remind me of that. I was always under the microscope with my father and that just stuck. I always feel that way.
“Shut your gob Asher. At least I can play an instrument.” I stuck my tongue out at him and he put on a fake hurt face. I picked up a pinecone and threw it at Ray. My aim was good for once and hit his head bouncing off his afro.
“Ouch! What was that for fuck face?” He rubbed his head.
“I wanted to get your attention. You’ve been staring at your lyre since I got here.” Ray cast his eyes to the ground.
“I don’t wanna talk about it man.” I looked over to Frank with a questioning look on my face. He mouthed the word “later” to me.
“Okay man. You guys wanna get back to jamming? I brought my ocarina.” I got a head nod from Frank and a sure from Ray. I rifled through my bag and found my ocarina. We picked up slow and kept at a nice pace for a while. We soon got lost in our music.


I had gone back to my room. Tired of pacing. Tired of waiting. I don’t think he’s gonna come back. He just couldn’t leave me alone. Gee was like my best friend. Sure I have the pre-approved ones that mother and father deem suitable, but me and Gee are brothers and that’s special. I couldn’t imagine a life without him. I curled up onto my bed and started to cry for the loss of my brother.
I heard the ping pang of rain hit my window and I looked up. It was starting to rain hard and I saw a flash of lightening in the distance. It was turning into a marsh out there. I curled back into my pillow and hoped that wherever Gerard was that he was safe and warm.


We felt the slight drop of rainfall start to come through the trees. Asher had gone home a while ago. He told us he had chores to do before his dad got back from work. It was just me, Ray, and Frankie. We packed up our instruments to shield them from the rain and went to the cover of the giant oak tree.
“I have to go home and get dinner ready for my family. Ma isn’t feeling too well.” With that Ray gave us a wave and he ran out of the woods towards the town and his home. I looked at Frank.
“So what’s with Ray? He’s been acting weird all day.”
“Well you know how his dad kinda had a problem with the alcohol?” I nodded in understanding. “Well the other day he went on a rage and hit Ray’s ma. He was gonna go after Ray and his little bro, but Ray kicked his ass. Got him out of the house. Ray’s just been worried is all. Doesn’t want that bastard coming back.” That was totally out of character for Ray. He was always so calm I couldn’t imagine him doing that.
“Well good for him. I wonder if he wants help.” Frank shook his head no really fast.
“Don’t ask him about it man. He doesn’t wanna tell anyone and he most certainly doesn’t want the help. I already tried.” I nodded my head and just stared into the rain. Frank and I just stayed that way for a while. I was really hoping Frank would offer me a place to stay because I sure as hell wasn’t going home, but then again I couldn’t explain at all without blowing my cover.
“Well Gee today was fun. I love days where we just hang out. Especially when Adela and Mira join. But I have to get back. Mira is having me over to meet her family.” He was so excited and he had the cheesiest grin on his face. Him and Adela had something special.
“Wanna walk with me into town? Adela would be glad to see you for a minute.” He pulled on his hat and zipped up his jacket.
“Nah man. I’m just gonna chill here for a minute.” Frank frowned at me but accepted my answer.
“Alright man. Take care.”
“Say hi to Adela for me.” I yelled after him.
Where the fuck was I gonna stay?
Sign up to rate and review this story