Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

Thunderstorms

by AshTheDeathBat 2 reviews

Lightning flashed and thunder boomed. The power goes out and Hazel is left home alone in the dark.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-10-05 - Updated: 2010-10-06 - 1059 words

0Unrated
“So, where is my coffee?” Mikey asked as he folded some t-shirts and put them in their correct spots. “Where are my toasters?”

“I told you, I liked a little bit.” I said as I watched him/

“So, no coffee?” He asked, sounding slightly disappointed.

“Nope.” I did my best not to laugh at him.

“Oh, poo.” He muttered. “Hey, there’s no band practice tonight. Do you want me to give you a ride home?”

“Sure,” I said. “Why is there no practice?”

“Gerard can’t be there. We can’t practice with out our singer.” He said.

“Why can’t he be there?”

He sighed and turned around He looked rather annoyed at me. “He had some sort of meeting with some comic company or something.\”

“Oh,” I sighed.

The car ride home was a long, silent one. Mikey bid me good bye as I climbed out of his car. Slowly, I made my way to the front door, feeling drained. Before I could open it, the door flew open revealing Ainsley and her mother.

“Oh my gosh!” Ainsley yelled. “You’re like magic!”

“No,” I sighed.” I’m not.”

“We’re going to Wal-Mart, Hazel.” Mom told me. “You look so tired, why don’t you stay home?”

“Uh! Why can’t I stay with her?” Ainsley whined.

“You’re the one that wanted to go to Wal-Mart in the first place!” He mom said. “There’s some left over pizza in the fridge. If we don’t come back with in three hours, call 911.”

I laughed to myself as they made their way to the car. I sighed and walked into the house, closing and locking the door behind me.

“I wanted to see Gerard so badly. He always made my day feel better, even if his eyes kept flickering in weird ways.

I pulled the pizza out of the fridge, not bothering to hear it up. As I walked up the stairs, I heard train start to pur. Thunder boomed. I hurried and got a flashlight when I reached Ainsley’s room, just in case the power decided it wanted to go out. I went over and sat down on the window sill bench. I flicked on the tv.

About a half a hour into my cold pizza and television time, lightning flashed and thunder echoed. Out went the lights.

Panic rushed through my body as I frantically tried to find the flashlight. I hoped the power would come back on. I found my light source, switched it on, and held it in my trembling hands.

A rapping noise against the window sent shivers up my spine. I turned slowly to face it. Lightning flashed and I saw the silhouette of a man. A scream escaped from my lungs. I dropped my flashlight on the floor and heard the batteries pop out. The room went dark.

“Hazel!” The figure yelled. “Hazel, it’s me. It’s Gerard!”

“Gerard?” I asked.

“Yes, come on! Open the window.”

I opened the window and let him climb in. He pushed his hood off of his head and turned to face me.

“I’m wet.” He grinned

“Yes.” I let out a nervous laugh. “You are.”

“I saw you sitting up here by yourself when the power went out. I didn’t want to knock on the door and scare you.” He said

“Oh, so you decide to come through the window?” I asked him.

“Yeah…” He started at me like I was the psychotic one.

My cell phone started ringing. I guess the phone lines weren’t down.

“Shh,” I hushed him as I pulled it out of my pocket. “Hello?”

“We were in Wal-Mart, we’re still in Wal-Mart, but yeah, the lights went out and I dropped my red Amp I was drinking. I miss my Amp.

“”Ainsely, why are you telling me this?” The

“Ainsley, give me the phone.” Her mom yelled.

“But-” There was a bit of struggling.

“Hazel, honey, are you okay?

“Yes, mom. I’m fine.” I rolled my eyes.

“Alright, just checking on you. We know how you get when it’s this dark.” She said.

“I’m fine. I have a flashlight.”

“Okay, well we will try and be home as soon as we can.” She told me.

“I’ll be okay. Take your time.” I said as I hung up my phone.

“…That was your mom?” Gerard asked, looking slightly shocked.

“No, that was Ainsley’s mom.” I rolled my eyes.

“But, you called her mom.” He said.

“I’ve called her that ever since the eigth grade.” I laughed, remembering her shocoked face when I had done so.

“Oh, well, with the stories I’ve heard about you, I can tell why.”

“Well, yeah. How much has she told you about me?” I asked.

“Enough.” He replied, shrugging.

I sighed. “So why didn’t you guys have practice?”

“I couldn’t be there.” He told me. I had an interview with a comic book company today.”

“Oh,” I sighed, not really believing him.

“You’re trembling.” Gerard said after a few moments of silence.

I looked down at my hands, they were shaking violently.

“Are you scared of the dark?” He asked.

“Well,, maybe just a little.” I said quietly.

“Really?” He sounded shocked. “Aw, come here.” He slipped off his wet hoodie and threw it onto the floor. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. “Now, I’m here and you can stop. I’m not going to let anything happen to you.”

“Promise?” I smiled as that safe feeling returned to me.

“I promise. I’m not going to let anything hurt you. No matter what. You can trust me to be there.” I fell against him

“Thank you.” I told him.

You’re welcome.” He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. He ran his hand through my hair. The lights flicked on. I groaned as he pulled away from me and flicked them off.

“Relax, they could be coming soon.” He flashed a rin before basically jumping on top of me. After a few minues, I heard the front door open.

“Hazel, we’re home!” Ainsley’s mom called.

“See you tomorrow.” Gerard said as he kissed me one more time and climbed back out the window.
Sign up to rate and review this story