Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Best Things In Life Are Unexpected

Memories Aren't Always Pleasant

by doyleangel 1 review

Stephanie confronts Zoe about the previous night.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-10-06 - Updated: 2010-10-07 - 1136 words

0Unrated


Memories Aren't Always Pleasant



"Did you have sex with Andrew?"



Zoe looked up from her desk to see Stephanie standing in her doorway, arms crossed. She looked at her in confusion. "What are you doing here? You have today off."



Stephanie shrugged her shoulders and walked into Zoe's office, shutting the door behind her. "Sam called me. He needed the day off. Something to do with his kids, I dunno." She sauntered over to one of the chairs in front of Zoe's desk and sat down. "So, did you?"



"Did I what?"



Stephanie gave an exasperated sigh. "Have sex with Andrew!"



Zoe's eyes shot open. "WHAT!!?? No, what? Why would you even think that?"



Stephanie gave her a knowing look. "You BOTH spent the night on Jack's patio last night. You BOTH looked like you hadn't gotten a lot of sleep. You BOTH..."



"Alright alright, I get your point. But no, no sex was had. Nothing happened. We just talked and must have both passed out."



"Uh huh, sure." Stephanie said, rolling her eyes. "Zo, that boy is seriously cute. And nice. AND he totally has a thing for you."



Zoe scoffed and looked up at Stephanie. "He does not."



Stephanie raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? Then how come he's always glancing at you when you aren't looking?"



Zoe could feel herself start to blush so she turned her chair around, pretending to grab something from the table behind her. "Yeah, well...it doesn't matter anyway."



When she turned back around, Stephanie was no longer lounging in the chair, but leaning forward, a serious look on her face.



"Zo, I know you're still scared because of what Logan did, but you can't let him rule your life. Not anymore."



Zoe played with her lip ring, not able to look up at Stephanie for fear that she might break into tears. "I know Steph," she whispered. "I just.....can't." She felt a tear escape her eye. "He pulled me in. He waited until I was in too deep and knew I wouldn't be able to leave."



She wiped her eye and looked up at Stephanie. She was the only one who Zoe really spoke to about Logan. The only one who saw her cry when she did. Sure others knew the basics; some more than others, but no one, not even Alex, had seen her cry when she talked about it.



Stephanie got out of the chair and walked around the desk, bending down to take Zoe into her arms. "He's gone Zo. At least for another 5 years, and after that, well he's not supposed to come near you."



Zoe just nodded her head, not really knowing what to say. She pulled back a little bit, smiling up at Stephanie. "Ok, enough of this girly stuff. I have work to do. So get out."



Stephanie rolled her eyes, but walked out of Zoe's office, closing the door behind her. Zoe looked down at the papers on her desk, trying to get back to the task at hand.



After about 10 minutes of going over the same document over and over again, but not getting anywhere, Zoe threw down her pen and leaned back in her chair. The talk with Stephanie had brought a lot of unwanted memories to the surface and she couldn't concentrate. She hated thinking about Logan. Hated how the mention of his name could still send chills through her body. Most of all she hated how just the thought of him could still shake her up, still make her feel weak and scared. All in all, she hated him.



A knock on her door made her jump and sit up straighter, regaining her composure just before Jack came bounding into her office.



"Hey, Zoe, Zo-Zo, Zoama, what's up?"



Zoe raised her eyebrow. "Jack, how much red bull have you had today?"



"None," he answered with a huge smile.



"Really?" Zoe squinted her eyes at him. "You're this wound up and you haven't had any help in that?"



Jack shrugged. "I didn't say that. Just that I didn't have any red bull."



Zoe rolled her eyes at him. "Mandy really needs to learn how to control you better."


"Oh, she has her control over some things." He wiggled his eyebrows at her. Zoe just scrunched up her nose."Anyway, I'm here of utmost importance."



"And that would be?"



"MOVIE NIGHT!!!!" Jack started jumping up and down like a little kid, clapping his hands together.



"Movie night?"



Jack nodded his head. "Yeah, it's totally gonna be so much fun. It's going to be a bunch of us."



"And who is this bunch?"



Jack started counting people off on his fingers. "Me, Mandy, Alex, Steph, Rian, Zach, Tiegan, Chris, Andrew and you."



Zoe's heart skipped a beat when Jack mentioned Andrew's name. "Um, what about Helena? And I never said I was coming."



"Helena has to work and I know you don't tonight, so why wouldn't you?"



Zoe cocked her head to the side."What if I had plans?"



"Like what?" Jack's eyes suddenly opened wide. "Oh my gosh, do you have a date?"



"Whoa there boy. No, I don't have adate. I just, was looking forward to relaxing tonight. You know, just put on my pjs, curl up on the couch and..."



"A PAJAMA PARTY!!!"



Zoe and Jack both looked at the door and saw Alex standing there, eyes wide and looking really excited. "It can be a pajama party. Everyone can come in their pjs."



Jack started nodding his head vigorously. "Yes yes yes. See Zo? Just what you wanted. Pjs, couches, relaxing, movies. What more do you want?"



"Um," she started to say, but couldn't think of anything. What was wrong with hanging out with her friends?Normally she would love a chance to do something with them. Why was she always apprehensive all of a sudden?



You know why, because there's something about Andrew that you can't quite figure out. She shook her head to clear the thought from her mind. She looked back and forth between Jack and Alex, both of them looking really excited and waiting for her answer.



Finally she sighed and leaned back in her chair. "What time should I be there?"





Hello everyone. I'm SO SO SO sorry it took so long for an update. I went through a period of writer's block and some lack of motivation. I also had a couple weeks where my apartment basically flooded (water wasn't too high, but sheet rock and carpet had to be replaced.) Needless to say I was out of my apartment for about a week and ahalf.



Again, I'm sorry for the lateness of this update, but I hope you enjoy it. Please comment, let me know what you think. The more comments, the more motivation I have. Emjoy!
Sign up to rate and review this story