Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cherry Blossom

Killing Me Softly

by Moribund 2 reviews

It’s all good in Frankland. ...You sure about that?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2010-10-13 - Updated: 2010-10-13 - 1061 words - Complete

1Moving
Wrestling my books into my locker, I struggled to stay standing against the swell of students making their way to lunch. Finally the door shut, revealing none other than Mikey Way leaning against the row of lockers. He smiled to me, flashing his pearly white teeth.

“You hungry?” He grinned as we walked towards the food hall.

“Starving.” I replied as I clutched my belly to emphasise my point, “But I forgot my lunch, and I don’t have any money on me.” I pouted.

“Aw, poor Frankie-kins,” joked Mikey, “You can have my pudding, I never eat that slop any way.”

I rolled my eyes, “Jeez, your kindness and generosity humble me.”

Mikey chuckled as we walked through the doors of the cafeteria, heading off to join the queue while I found a table. I worked my way through the jungle of blue tables, finally finding one that was almost completely empty. I sat down, waiting for Mikey to return with his school gruel. A couple of guy walked past me and coughed ‘loser’ rather loudly, causing most of the surrounding tables to chatter with laughter. I hunched over, curling into myself to hide.

Suddenly a couple of loud thumps and a roar of laughter made me look up. The two guys lay on the floor, bewildered and humiliated. Above them stood Gerard, a shy smile gracing his delicate features and my lunch in his arms, as he padded over to me.

“I always wanted to do that to guys like that.” He blushed as he sat down next to me.
I smiled and looked down at the two dicks still sprawled on the floor.

“That’s karma, bitches.” I laughed down at them, feeling invincible.

I turned back around to see Gerard was blushing a he stared intently at the table. He pushed my lunch towards me.

“I um, y-you forgot your l-lunch.” He stuttered, it was adorable to see him so nervous. I smiled. His leg was resting against mine underneath the table; I was deaf to the noise and chatter around us, the fluorescent lights made Gerard glow. All this would have made a perfect moment had he been alive. But therein lies the problem; I could never be with Gerard, because to everyone but me, he doesn’t exist. I’d only end up breaking my heart and his.

“Thanks,” I smiled, “Look we need to talk about this morning, I’m sor-“

Gerard silenced me by leaning over and pressing a chaste kiss against my lips.

“Because you can’t kiss me in public, but no-one can see me, so I can do as I wish.” He blushed, smiling like a fool in love.

“It was a mistake.” I blurted. “I shouldn’t have kissed you back this morning, I’m sorry. I led you on. I really am sorry, but let’s face the facts; there’s no future for us, you’re dead for fuck sake!”

Gerard stared at me, mouth agape, tears running freely down his cheeks, but of course disappearing before they hit the ground. His eyes were open windows into his soul, and through them I watched as his heart shattered into a million tiny pieces.

“Hey, you said you forgot your lunch!” Mikey stood on the other side of the table, holding his tray of school slop. I tore my attention away from Gerard, who was frozen, staring at Mikey.

“It um, it turned up. I guess I didn’t look for it properly earlier.” I lied shakily.

Mikey sat down opposite me and scrutinised me for a minute, scrunching his nose slightly as he frowned.

“Frank, you’ve been acting mighty strange recently, are you okay?”

“I’m fine Mikes. It’s all good in Frankland.” I sighed.

“No, seriously Frank, please talk to me, whatever is troubling you, we can work it out, c’mon Frank, I-I’m scared I’m gonna lose you.”

Gerard sobbed loudly. I sighed and looked at him sadly for a moment before answering Mikey.

“You’d never believe me.”

Gerard shakily got up from the table, sobbing and choking on his tears. He collected himself for a moment before leaning down next to my face. His eyes were empty, truly lifeless.

“Sometimes,” he hissed, “I wish I could die all over again.”

He sobbed again, then turned and fled through the wall, wailing all the way. A haunting coldness shivered across the food hall, and everyone fell silent. Mikey was staring at the wall Gerard had disappeared through.

“Did you hear something just now?” He asked.

“Like what Mikey?”

“I suppose it was like a heartbroken scream, but it was distant, as if it were heard through a thick wall.”

I gulped, it appeared Gerard was way more powerful than Julietta or I could ever have imagined. She had told me that some ghosts start to develop powers after a long time of being dead. If everyone had heard him, well, who knows what he might be capable of?

Gerard’s point of view

I ran, just ran far away from that god awful building until I found myself next to the blue lagoon on the other side of the town. I felt sick; sick and empty. The world around me shook as I fell to my knees and screamed, silencing the songs of birds and chatter of squirrels from nearby trees.

Falling over, I pounded the earth with my fists sobbing into the grass. It’s all over; Frankie hates me, Mikey’s replacing me with Frank, I have no-one and nothing left. Nothing left to fulfil me. Fear struck me like a bolt of lightning, sparking through me. They’re gonna come after me, Frank’s gonna exorcise my butt to the other side so he doesn’t have to deal with my miserable self.

Curling into a ball, the tears finally stopped. The world carried on though, just as it has always done, picking up where it left off; birds sang, squirrels scuttled, the water lapped at the shore, the sun dancing on it like a nimble fairy. And I am alone, always alone.

For the first time in a long time, I wished I were alive.

------

A/N Title is from song originally composed by Charles Fox and Norman Gimbel: 'killing me softly with his song'
Sign up to rate and review this story