Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Original Sin

Skin

by devilsgyrl 0 reviews

Narcissa makes an enemy...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Narcissa - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2010-10-21 - Updated: 2010-10-22 - 1506 words

-1TrainWreck
A loud cough all drew our attention to where Tom was sitting across from Bellatrix. He was wearing a pleasant smile as he looked around the table at all of us. Once every pair of eyes was focused on Tom, he gestured at everyone sitting at the table and commented, "It's been a long day. I think we should all get some rest now."

At Tom's statement, everyone nodded and started standing up without hesitation. Again, I found this rather strange. It was like Tom's words were law or something. Whatever Tom said, everyone agreed to. I couldn't help but wonder why. Were there consequences if you didn't obey Tom or something? Part of me wanted to figure this out and part of me was scared to know the answer to my question. Some things were best left unsaid.

As all the Slytherins sitting at the table got to their feet and started making smalltalk among themselves, Tom added in a commanding voice, "Rosier, Lucius, Macnair, and Bellatrix, I want to see you all tomorrow morning. We have several things to discuss then. I'll see the rest of you tomorrow."

Bella shot Tom a knowing glance and nodded, "Of course. Until then...goodnight I guess?" A little smile crossed my face as I noticed the way Bellatrix phrased the last sentence as a question. I could tell it was pretty obvious that Bellatrix did not want to say goodnight to Tom. Oh no, she would just love to keep him up all night.

Tom, however, was apparently not thinking the same way she was. Nonetheless, he gave her a little knowing smile and rested a hand on her arm as he stood and started towards the direction of the boys' dormitories, "Yes, I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight Bella." With that, Tom strode across the common room with about two strides and disappeared from view. Bella looked after him wistfully for a few minutes while everyone else started heading towards the dormitories.

For the first time tonight, I noticed there was another female in the group. She was really pretty. Wait, more than pretty. This girl's beauty exceeded even Bellatrix's good looks. My curiosity was instantly caught up in this girl and I peered over at her closer. She was tall and thin, but had womanly curves that most girls would die for. Her hair was a gorgeous golden blonde. I had wished my hair was that color on several occasions, but unfortunately, fate had made me wind up with whitish-blonde hair. The girl also had bright turquoise eyes, high cheek bones, and perfect full lips. She seemed perfect.

As if noticing my stare, the girl suddenly looked over in our direction. My first impulse was to look down, but before I had that chance, I noticed the girl's lip curl as she looked at me. I didn't have to be a psychologist to figure out that the girl obviously didn't like me. I wasn't exactly sure why she should have anything against me, but that lip curl had held distaste and arrogance in it.

Before I could think any more about the situation, Bella grabbed my arm and said in her imperious tone, "Come on, Cissy. Let's go up to the dorms. I'll show you to your room." Not really having any other options, I simply nodded and followed my older sister's shadow up winding stairs to the dorm. Bellatrix opened the dark wooden door with a loud creak and the two of us stepped inside.

My first impression of the dorm was that it was big and cold. The ceilings were very high, the atmosphere was quite chilly, and there were beds lined up on either sides of the room. While I took all this in, Bella led me down to the very far end of the room. Once we were there, she pointed to a bed on the left side of the room that had my familiar suitcase on it, "That's your bed and your space. Go ahead and make yourself at home. My bed's way on the other side of the room. So I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

The thing about Bellatrix was that she was not one to stay around and chit chat. I nodded to her question and watched her leave. After that, I went back to looking at my newly acquired bed. It was small, but I figured it would be rather cozy. I unzipped my suitcase and immediately started rooting through it for a pair of pajamas. After searching through all my junk, I finally came up with a thin, sheer nightgown that I had packed. It would work good enough for tonight.

Suddenly, a new thought occurred to me. Where exactly was I expected to change? There wasn't a bathroom here and there wasn't any privacy here in the dorm either. Feeling nervous, I glanced across the room to see what Bella was doing. Surprisingly enough, she had already changed and was putting her clothes away. I guess we were expected to change in front of each other.

Sighing, I decided that changing in front of the other girls in the dorm was my only choice. Luckily, there weren't too many girls in here yet. Only a few clusters of them talking here and there. Taking a deep breath, I untied my black robe, peeled off the dress underneath it, and quickly slipped the nightgown over my head. Strangely enough, as I was changing, I felt a new pair of eyes on me. It made me jumpy, but I wasn't exactly going to turn around and check to see if someone was watching while I was changing.

Now that I had my nightgown on, I turned around to see who was looking at me. As soon as I looked over, my eyes met those bright turquoise eyes of the beautiful girl I had been staring at earlier. Just like before when she saw me, a look of distaste crossed her face. I didn't quite get what she had against me, so I tried offering her a smile. At my gesture, she just gave me a smirk.

Deciding I didn't want to be haunted by this strange girl any longer, I decided it was time for bed. I crawled underneath the thin sheets in my bed and then pulled the thick comforter up to my chin in an attempt to keep warm. After that, I flicked off the light on the nightstand by my bed and eventually fell into a restless sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~

The ticking of a clock came to my ears through the black cloud I was engulfed in. Blinking, I tried to figure out my surroundings. It took me a few minutes before I remembered I was in the Slytherin dormitory and was spending my first night at Hogwarts. The second thing that came to my mind was that I was freezing. It was way too cold in this bed. I had to find a way to get warm.

I tried pulling the covers on the bed closer around me, but it did no good. I just couldn't sleep. Feeling restless, I silently slipped out of bed and started padding down the hallway. My plan was to go to the Slytherin common room. I was pretty sure it was warmer there and that I could sit in front of the fire until I warmed up.

To my sleepy mind, that seemed like a good plan. Unfortunately, I was too sleepy to remember that I was still in my nightgown. Oops. As I tiptoed down the hallway, I glanced around to see if anyone else was awake. Surprisingly enough though, everyone was still sleeping. I didn't get how they could sleep in such a cold room. Maybe they had on warmer pajamas or something.

Once I reached the doorway to the dormitory, I pushed it open as quietly as I could. Luckily, it only made a soft creek and didn't disturb any of the sleeping girls. Now that I was out of the dorm, I hurried quickly down the stairs in an attempt to get warm and in an attempt reach the common room as soon as possible.

Two minutes later, I had reached the familiar common room and I had plopped down in big armchair in front of the fire. Ah, it felt so good to get warm again. Maybe I would have to start sleeping in the common room in front of the fireplace. Was there a rule against that? I made a mental note to ask Bella about that tomorrow.

Suddenly, a little moaning noise and then the sound of someone stepping backwards sounded from across the room. I thought I was alone, but apparently I was not. Shifting ever so slightly in my chair, I peered around it to try to see who else I was sharing the room with. In the corner of the room, I say the shadows of a tall figure and another figure on her knees. Who were they?
Sign up to rate and review this story