Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > I am what I am

Chapter 1

by Amara 0 reviews

Kai needs help, after trying everything in his power to get Hillary to leave him alone he seeks help from his best friends little sister. KaixOc

Category: Beyblade - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kai - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-05-06 - Updated: 2006-05-06 - 1958 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own beyblades, just this story line!


Chapter 1

I know there is a common conception that all players are arrogant bustards, who just want to get laid but what people don't realise is that there is often a reason if not many for why we are what we are.

Well all my issues stem from the one problem. A girl. We had been dating for four years and I believed that she loved me. One night, around one o'clock I got a phone call and in-between sobs she said that she had to talk to me, I knew something was wrong. When I arrived at her house she explains to me in way which she saw as tactful, that she has been unfaithful. My whole word began to spin. All the times she said that she loved me faded away into nothingness. A shiny venire to gloss over and cover the pit of lies she had created. It hurt, but what hurt more was the fact that it wasn't the first time and she had only felt obliged to tell me this once.

This devastated me so muck that pull away from the world, those I care about and those who care about me. On of these people was my sister. Nineteen months my junior, she was my best friend. Looking back now I realise that I should have listened to her, she is a very good judge of character and she never liked her. She made an effort for my sake to be nice and I really appreciated it. But all that changed when I told her about the earth shattering, life-changing event. I had had to fight for this girl, she came form a religious back ground and her mother didn't want her dating anyone outside the church but we eventually overcame that obstacle. I am proud to say that I can now see the way my sister viewed the whole event. My ex, Kate never sat well with my sister and she would often make comments about sex to my sisters lack of it, saying things like "one day you will learn." But what she didn't know was that when my sister had been abused and probably knew more about sex than her. Not wanting to relive her past she kept her thoughts to herself. That is until one day when she finally
snapped, Kate had made her usual comment about sex, something like "when you are older you will know what I mean." My sister just turned around looked her straight in the eye and in a very calm voice told her that she knew more that she should. The look on Kates face was pure shock, but what my sister had said gave me the strength to finally see what was in front of me. Not my girlfriend, not my lover but a manipulative bitch that had been controlling my life from day one. She tightened her grip on my hand ready to make a rude remark but she had no back up, I unlaced our fingers and stood by my saviour. With a look if true disgust she turned and stalked off.

We had stayed together after her confession but not as a couple; we pretty much still had the same relationship without the title. But after that fateful day I began a downwards spiral, I became depressed I stoped eating and I lost a lot of weight. People saw the changes in me but I wouldn't listen, I pushed people away and became a recluse. I will be forever in my sisters debt, she saved my life, all I really wish that I was there when she needed saving but we can't change the past. Life goes on wether we want it to or not. Wether we choose to go with life, change and grow form our experiences is a different matter.

I am a player.............................


Tala closed his diary and looked at the clock, 11:55. he sighed, knowing he had school tomorrow he decided he would go to bed. He went to the bathroom to brush is teeth and on the way back to his room he checked on his sister. As expected she was sleeping soundly, with the blankets tucked right up under her chin. Walking into the room Tala placed a kiss on her forehead and put her book in the night stand before returning to his room.

---------The Next Morning---------

-------Jessica's POV-------
I stretched and looked at the readout of her digital clock 7:00 'SHIT' going to be late for school. I got out of bed and went to wake Tala, he looked so cute sleeping with his hair sticking out at all different angles, "he, he, he" I poked his cheek as I did every morning to wake him. He grumbled and rubbed his cheek. "Come on bloss, time to get up or we will be late for school." I turned his TV on full volume so he wouldn't go back to sleep and went to get ready for school.

I walked into the kitchen twenty minutes later to see Tala and his best Mate Kai sitting at the breakfast bar drinking coffee. "You'd think I would get used to these uniforms, but I think I hate then more." I said looking down at the maroon tartan, pleated skirt, white blouse and maroon tie I was forced to wear. The two boys chuckled.

"Tala?" I cooed putting on a baby face and walking over to him.

"NO" he said sternly.

"Hey you don't even know what I was going to ask!"

"I don't care the answer is still no."

"What if I say please?" I begged

"Hit me with it." Tala sighed

"Can I have some money so I can go shopping after school?" I said in a sweet little voice. I saw Kai shaking with silent laughter beside me and turned to give him a wink, he loved this.

"No, I gave you $500 on Saturday!"

"But." I stammered.

"No, end of discussion."

The stupid bustard got up from his seat and went to get his bag. I rounded on Kai.

"You know a little help wouldn't have gone astray!" I snapped

Kai let out a sigh. "Alright I will take you shopping after school, on one condition."

"I'm listening."

"I need your help."

"This better not have anything to do with Hillary!"

"And if it does?"

I sighed "What do you want?"

"I need to give her the impression that I am off the market"

"And you want me to........" I trailed off staring at him with my mouth hanging open. Kai nodded. "No!"

"Then you don't get to go shopping."

"Uh, what budget are we talking here?" I asked.

Kai smirked "What budget."

I let out a heavy sigh. "Ok. When does the carnage start?"

"As soon as we get to school."

"This is in your ball park and you're the one who is going to tell Tala while I run!"

"In those boots?" he indicated the knee high lace up three inch healed boots I was wearing. I gave him the finger and went to get my bag. I passed Tala on the stairs and gave him a smile, he smiled back heading for the kitchen and Kai.

-------Two Minutes Later------

"JJJJEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE NOOOOWWWWW!!" Tala bellowed up the stairs. I stood on the landing with my hands on my hips. "God you want to do that again I don't think they herd you in hell." I put in my second earring and headed down the stairs to an incensed Tala and a smirking Kai, 'ah I amuse him.'

"What Tala?" I asked fawning innocence.

"Don't you dare 'What Tala' me you know exactly what I am talking about!"

Kai cut in.

"Hey man lighten up it is only for a week or two." Kai tried to calm him.

"Kai stay out of this." Tala said turning his back on his best mate.

" Tala look it is a win-win situation. You don't have to give me money so I can go shopping, I get to go shopping and Kai gets rid of Hillary. See what can be better than that?"

"Two weeks." He said to Kai and I before heading out to his car.

I turned to Kai "Well that wasn't as bad as I thought."

"Yeah, you got and questions about what you have to do?"

"Only one, do I have to tell people we are going out?"

"Only if they ask." He replied in a board voice.

"You got and questions, like what are my favourite flowers?"

"Only one."

"And that is?"

"Are you fridged?"

I pulled him close to me and gave him a kiss. "No." I said when we pulled apart.


When we arrived at school I got funny looks from most of the girls in the parking lot. They knew I was friends with Kai and that he and Tala were best mates and that we usually drove to school in a convoy, the funny looks were because I got out of Kais car. I always came with Tala and the fact that I just stepped out of Kais car seemed to put all the little sluts into a frenzy. I smirked at Kai was we went to meet up with Tala to walk into school. "I hope you know what you are doing." Tala said as we headed to my locker. I stoped Tala and turned him to face me. "I do, it will be ok, Kai would never hurt me you know that." Tala sighed and I gave him a hug. "Thanks for caring but I will be fine." I said as we pulled apart. "I'm your big bro what am I meant to do, you've never even had a real boyfriend." "Look Tala I know what I am doing, Kai and I are just friends and nothing will ever change that." I smiled, I was 'with' his best friend, the one person in the world he trusted after me and he was worried. "If he breaks your heart, I'll break his neck." I gave him another hug. "Thank you." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and sent me off to class.

-----End Jess POV------


-----Kais POV------

I watched the conversation between Tala and Jess and hoped I wouldn't screw it up. I had always liked Jess she was a great girl, Funny, easy to talk to and she was exceedingly caring. I knew she didn't really want to do this but she is because she is my friend, if I'd asked her she would have done it even without the shopping trip. She would do anything for the people she cared about that much was obvious just by looking at her and the way she interacted with people. I sighed gabbing my books and ran after her.

"May I walk the fine lady to class?" I asked in a mock gentleman's voice.

Jess looked at me with her big, bright, happy blue eyes and laughed. "Why thank you kind sir."

I offered her my arm which she took and we strolled off down the hall to her form class.

------End Kais POV-----


------Talas POV-----

I watches Kai and Jess link arms as Kai walked her to class she would be fine; she knew how to handle herself. Kai and I had taught her martial arts after she was attacked so she could defend herself. No Kai would never hurt her, he cared about her, everything would he fine. I headed down the hall on the opposite direction to Jess and Kai and face came face to face with Kate. "Shit!"............

--------

Thank you all for reading.

huggs and kisses

Amara
Sign up to rate and review this story