Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Run Like Hell

Old Rivalry

by westie 0 reviews

The creeper is in the house! What does he want with Jordan?

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2010-11-12 - Updated: 2010-11-12 - 614 words

0Unrated
“Oh HELL no,” Veronica shouted.

“No, Verie, you have to say ‘not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!’” Stasi giggled somewhat hysterically.

“Guys, be quiet,” I demanded. I began to pull the gun from my pants, turning the safety off and checking to see if it was loaded. “I know that voice,” I whispered, “and he’s definitely not the nicest guy in the world. Go upstairs and hide.”

They seemed reluctant to leave me. “Go! Now!” I yelled, and they bolted up the stairs.

“LITTLE PIG, JOR-DAN, LET ME COME IN!” the voice sang. I heard the sound of creaking hinges as the front door opened.

The night was pitch black, but I could hear him singing. “Then I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll smash your face in.”

I leveled the gun and shot at him.

“Oh, Jordan, are you really going to treat me like that?” the figure said. “After all I’ve done for you?”

“Lance, you killed my sister. I’m just trying to return the favor,” I told him as he approached. I shot again, but he dodged.

“Well, obviously I was going to. You loved her. And love, even family love, isn’t tolerated when you’re Axiom big-league.” He knocked the gun from my hands, swung an uppercut and hit me square in the jaw. I was knocked back, my head spinning. I dropped the gun; in this pitch black environment I didn’t expect to see it again.

He picked me up by my neck, holding me against the wall. “You’ve gone soft, Jordan. Time spent away from fighting does that to you.” He threw me across the room. I hit the wall and everything went black.


But only for a second.

I woke up to someone shaking me violently. “Stasi?” I whispered. “Stop shaking me, I’m awake.”

“Oh, goodie. Now we can have some fun.” Huh? That voice was not Stasi.

“Oh, fuck,” I whispered before Lance hurled me across the room again.

“So, which one of them is Stasi?” he asked, looming over me. “Because once I kill you, I’m going to do to them exactly what I did to Laura. I’m going to make them wish they’d never been born.” He laughed evilly.

I swung my legs out, catching the back of his knee with my toes and pulling him down. I stuck my knees into his shoulders and sat on him.

“Don’t you fucking touch them!” I screamed. He snickered, flipping me over onto my back and pinning me down.

“I…”

But he was cut off as police sirens sounded in the distance. “Fuck.” He snickered suddenly, looking at me. “I’ll go, for now. But don’t think you can just leave an organization like Axiom without any consequences.” He stood up, kicking me in the stomach. I couldn’t breathe; while I sat gasping for air, I knew he had left.


I dragged my feet as I ascended the stairs to the loft. “Girls?” I called. “Are you okay up there?”

“Jordan!”

“Oh my god, what was that?”

“We heard gunshots and were worried about you!”

“Are you okay? Did you get hit?”

“I called the police on my cellphone! They should be here in a second!”

Veronica sat me down on the bed. “Talk,” she said sternly. Her eyes were serious.

I looked at each of them, fear still plainly evident on their faces. I couldn’t possibly tell them the whole truth; they’d disgust me for it. So I decided to keep doing what I had been ever since I began running.

I lied to my girls.
Sign up to rate and review this story