Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Deliveries

Delivery 47

by Mikari 0 reviews

Delivery 47: Admiration

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Cloud Strife,Red XIII,Reno,Rufus Shinra - Published: 2010-11-14 - Updated: 2010-11-14 - 702 words - Complete

0Unrated
Deliveries

Delivery 47: Admiration

Cloud Strife did not like Rufus Shinra. In fact, he did more than just dislike him, he strongly disliked him. It wasn't hate, not anymore, if it ever was, but it was still a strong dislike. Even so cloud had to make a living somehow, even if it meant working for Shinra making little meaningless deliveries to Rufus in-between his jobs for Reeve.

This time Cloud was entrusted with delivering over the counter medicine to Rufus' office, as the president was suffering from a cold. As soon as he entered the Shinra building he shivered. It felt like being outside near Icicle without a coat. Cloud though he might as well get it over with as soon as possible so he hurried to the elevator with the bag from the pharmacy on hand.

As the elevator went up, the atmosphere got colder. Edge was suffering from a summer heat wave. The sun was brutal so cloud had been looking forward to Shinra's air conditioner, but this was too much. Cloud finally reached the top floor; he stepped out of the elevator and fell. The floor was covered in ice. A big red chocobo with ice skates passed by. "This is Shinra," Cloud reminded himself, "expect the unexpected." He recognized the chocobo to be Blaze, Reno's chocobo who, being raised by the red head as his son turned out to be a lot like his father.

With some difficulty cloud finally made it inside Rufus' office to find total chaos. "Cloud, help!" Nanaki jumped into Cloud's arms, tackling him to the floor in the process. "Reno wants to make me pull a sleigh, make him stop."

"Don't be such a baby!" Reno complained, he was wearing a fuzzy red hooded coat. Despite the summer heat outside, a coat was very much needed inside the Shinra building. "There's no Snow but there's plenty of ice in the upper floors. That should be close enough."

"Why don't you get Blaze to pull your sleigh?" Nanaki protested.

"He's a chocobo, chocobos are to ride on not to pull sleighs. Besides, he's busy practicing his skating," Reno argued.

Rufus was shivering behind his desk with a coat and blanket. He was trying to type something, but lacked the precision to do so at the moment. His face was red from his fever and anger. "Outside..." he strained his pained throat, "go play outside!"

"Yes, sir!" Reno chased Nanaki out of the office.

Cloud was finally able to stand. He picked up the bag with the medicine and placed it on Rufus' desk, "here's the delivery."

"Here's your payment," Rufus gave Cloud some gil and opened a bottle of cold medicine with shaking hands.

Feeling sorry for the president's state Cloud offered, "let me get you some water for that. He went to little refrigerator in a corner of the office and got some cool water in a moogle mug.

Rufus accepted the water, took his medicine and voice something incomprehensible, which Cloud assumed to be a word of thanks.

"Can I ask what in the world is going on?" Cloud was still shivering and he wanted to get out of there, but his curiosity would keep bothering him if he left without knowing the origins of the craziness.

"It was hot so Reno turned on the sprinklers and air conditioner in the upper floors. I ended up catching a cold because of it," Rufus explained. "We managed to get the sprinklers under control but Reno broke the air conditioner controls. Until they're fixed, the building is stuck in this cold temperature. The water from the sprinklers flooded a few inches and was frozen into a layer of ice. I don't know how, but Reno tricked your friend into coming here and he's been chasing him around trying to get him to pull a sleigh."

"Wow," Cloud was amazed. He sometimes had a hard time putting up with Reno, but Rufus did that practically all the time. At that moment cloud could feel no dislike for Rufus. The Shinra president was strong, patient and merciful. Cloud could feel nothing but the greatest admiration for him.

End of Delivery 47

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII.
Sign up to rate and review this story