Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Always Attract

Hard To Swallow

by -impervius 2 reviews

Abbey goes out with the boys to celebrate her return, and they are joined by an unexpected guest.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2010-11-15 - Updated: 2010-11-15 - 788 words - Complete

1Exciting
The XL Lounge was predictably extremely busy. It was Friday night after all. The group of men and Abbey could be found in a private booth, chatting animatedly amongst themselves as they enjoyed some drinks. Abbey laughed hysterically as she spilled her vodka and soda down her front whilst engaged in conversation with Gerard. ‘Shit,’ she muttered, as she wiped at her chest with a napkin, her white tank top clearly stained. ‘So when did you start drinking again anyway, Abs?’ Gerard tried to seem casual as he fished for information.

Like Gerard, Abbey had been a victim of alcoholism in the past. She had stopped drinking a year ago when she had become severely depressed and realised she was using alcohol to numb the pain. Gerard found himself worrying that she might have relapsed as he clutched his diet soda. ‘Oh just on tour,’ she said as she absentmindedly squeezed the wet ends of her long, chocolate brown hair. ‘You know what it’s like, everyone likes a good party. I’m fine though,’ she reassured Gerard quickly as his eyes narrowed. ‘I don’t get drunk or anything.’
Gerard found himself feeling sceptical about that statement; she seemed reasonably tipsy already, and it was only 10PM.

Abbey knew Gerard was scrutinising her to see if she was being honest or not, so she turned her attentions to Mikey instead. ‘How you been tiger?’ She punched him lightly in the arm.
He smiled weakly at her. ‘Not bad, kid. Just can’t wait to finish this record, you know?’
Abbey nodded, wondering whether that was really the case.
‘I can’t wait to get it done either, hear it in full. And play until my fingers go all calloused and rough like they always do when we tour.’ Frank chimed in.
‘I wanna hear what you’ve got so far so badly!’ Abbey whined.
‘Too bad, squirt. You’re not hearing anything until it’s all finished.’ Bob cut across her.
‘Okay, you do not talk to me like that Bryar, I should already be decking you for the smell you left in my bathroom, motherfucker. In fact, you all owe me!’
Frank laughed as he stood to go to the bathroom. ‘And what do I owe you?’
‘New sheets so I don’t keep finding toenails between the covers. And,’ she yelled as he walked in the direction of the toilets. ‘Some fucking tampons!’
Everyone turned to stare at Abbey, but she did not elaborate.

Abbey turned back to Mikey. ‘So I never got to tell you how different you look. Wow!’ She exclaimed.
‘Good different?’ He questioned.
‘Yeah, definitely. I mean, you always looked good, but change is always good.’
‘Thanks.’ He looked genuinely pleased by her compliment. ‘Means a lot coming from you.’
Abbey smiled and felt a lump in the back of her throat and a flutter deep in her stomach that she chose to ignore. ‘Why?’
‘Because you’re special to me, that’s why.’ He grinned at her then picked up his bourbon and soda, downing the rest of the contents of the glass. Abbey couldn’t help but smile at how sweet Mikey was.
‘I think we need more drinks. Dude,’ Mikey nudged Bob in the side. ‘Get us more drinks.’
‘Get your own fucking drink and don’t nudge me, motherfucker.’
‘Oh, everyone, look, it’s Bob Bryar!’ Mikey called out jokingly. ‘What a badass!’
‘Shut the fuck up,’ Bob muttered.

Fortunately, any conflict that may have arisen from the tension was forgotten when Frank returned from the toilets; a tall, blonde, tattooed woman at his side. Frank was notorious for his pick up abilities, but a five minute trip to the toilet seemed too short a time for even Frank to find a girl. ‘Look who I found!’ Frank announced to the group. Abbey looked around in confusion. Mikey had stood up abruptly, and the rest of the men all uttered words of casual greeting to the stranger. As Abbey watched Mikey approach the girl, she felt a deadweight drop in her chest. Once he reached the girl, he turned to Abbey. ‘Jamie, this is Frank’s best friend Abbey. Abbey, this is Jamie,’ Abbey didn’t want him to finish the sentence. ‘My girlfriend.’ Jamie nodded, smiling warmly at Abbey.
‘I’ve heard a lot about you,’ she said. ‘The boys absolutely adore you. It’s nice to finally meet you.’
Abbey merely smiled half heartedly. ‘It’s nice to meet you too.’ She looked on, feeling sick, as Mikey kissed Jamie and they fell into conversation. Abbey sat in silence, realisation finally hitting her. She still had feelings for Mikey. And these feelings were not mutual.
Sign up to rate and review this story