Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Always Attract

Nasty Habits

by -impervius 0 reviews

Abbey looks for answers but only reaches dead ends.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-11-24 - Updated: 2010-11-24 - 855 words - Complete

1Ambiance
The bar where Gerard Way had spent many of his nights years ago still haunted him in his sleep. Why he had agreed to come here was beyond him, he assumed it was his general good nature that had him opening the door to the quiet bar instead of heading for the hills. The voice on the phone had sounded sad and lonely, and he had a weak spot for the girl. Consequently, there he was, sliding in a booth opposite his brother’s ex-girlfriend, and ordering a diet soda.

‘Thanks for meeting me, Gee.’ Abbey looked down at her bourbon and soda as she spoke.
‘It’s fine, Abs. Is something wrong?’ He reached across and lightly placed his hand on top of hers. She looked up him from under her heavily made up lids to look into his hazel orbs.
‘I’m starting to think you were right about hanging with Mikey today not being a good idea.’
Gerard sighed and moved around in the booth so that he was sitting next to her. He then put his arm around her and drew her close. ‘What happened?’
‘I’m not entirely sure. I was hoping you’d be able to explain it to me.’
Gerard was confused by this statement but nodded, encouraging her to go on.

‘When I told him that I stayed the night at your house, he acted really strangely, like he was angry,’ Abbey said. ‘Then he asked me what happened, like he thought we’d slept together or something.’
Gerard simply stared at Abbey, his heart racing. ‘I’ve just been trying to figure out why he was so mad. You and I have always been close and we’ve always hung out, so I’m confused as to why that’s suddenly a problem for him.’ Abbey looked up at Gerard, searching his eyes for an explanation, while he desperately tried to conceal his emotions. ‘You know what he’s like,’ Gerard replied weakly. ‘Once he gets an idea in his head, he runs with it. And the more he thinks about it, the more real it becomes to him.’
‘But I don’t understand why he cares.’ Gerard gave Abbey a sceptical look.
‘I think you and I both know why he cares.’ Abbey frowned at this response, not entirely grasping the meaning of it. She sighed and rested her chin on her hand. ‘Doesn’t make him any less of an idiot,’ she muttered, downing the rest of her drink. ‘The idea of you and I sleeping together is about as farfetched as the idea of the guys who made that “Macarena” song making a comeback.’

Gerard looked at his hands. Silence fell. ‘Look Abbey, I’ve gotta go. Band practise. But I’ll call you tomorrow. Maybe Frank, you and I can hang.’ Abbey just smiled weakly and put her hand up to order another drink. Gerard kissed her quickly on the cheek and left, leaving her to drown in bourbon and her thoughts.

~

Mikey watched as his phone vibrated on the bedside table, wondering who could possibly be calling at this time. Jamie’s head rose from on his chest to force her eyes open. ‘Who’s calling babe?’
Meanwhile, on the other end of the line, Abbey was swaying on the spot on the street, leaning against the brick wall that was the exterior of the bar where she and Gerard had met four hours prior. The wall was needed to hold herself steady. She had learned only minutes ago that failing to lean against it would result in her falling again.

‘Abbey, why are you calling?’ Mikey hissed on the line.
‘You do not get to be all pissy with me!’ Abbey slurred aggressively. ‘Tell me, honestly, what the fuck is your problem? What did I do?’
Mikey sighed loudly as he shut the bathroom door behind him, to block out his voice from Jamie as she attempted to return to slumber in his bed. ‘Look, Abs, you’re obviously drunk, so let’s just have this conversation tomorrow.’ He moved to press the “end” button.
‘No! You do not get to hang up on me!’ Abbey began to sob slightly. ‘Tell me why you hate me now.’
‘I don’t hate you.’ Mikey replied patiently. ‘Where are you, Abs? I’ll call Frank, get him to come get you.’
‘No! Frank will yell at me.’ Abbey sniffed.
‘He won’t yell at you, he loves you.’
‘He’ll yell at me because he loves me,’ Abbey retorted.
Mikey smiled. ‘Smarter than me, even when you’re wasted.’ Abbey did not reply.
‘Abs?’
‘I’m gonna go now Mikey, I’m being picked up.’
Mikey frowned. ‘By who? Did you call someone?’
‘No.’
‘Then who –’
‘It’s fine, I’m going now. I have a ride. Bye!’
‘Wait, no!’ But the line had gone dead.

------------
Sorry about my cliffhangers guys, they're just far too fun.
So I'll level with you, the minute I get a rating or review, I'll update straight away.
I've got the next chapter ready to go.
Sign up to rate and review this story