Categories > Original > Romance

I wish I could start all over.

by insert_name_here 0 reviews

Uhm... It's a story about a normal girl who moves to a big, posh private school (Sounds like ohshc. It's not) and the embarrassment she endures. Sorry if it's bad ^_^;

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2010-11-27 - Updated: 2010-11-27 - 945 words

-1MarySue
I never wanted to move school.
"You're moving weather you like it or not." Mom said. "It's not your descion."
So, it was decided. I had to move away from the public all girls school, which I loved... (For certain reasons) to a posh, expensive private school. I knew I wasn't going to fit in there. After all, everyone there was rich, and I could only go because I got a massive scholarship. But anyways... Let's skip to the first day of school.

"This is your classroom." the teacher said.
I looked around. A normal, boring classroom. There was a tall boy already in there, who I thought looked too old to be in my class. I was in '2M'. Second form, clever group. A boy walked in, who seemed very at home. 
"Do we have our sports lockers yet?" he asked the teacher. 
"I don't think so."
"Sports kit goes in here then..."
A normal, boring conversation.
"Here, you use this locker- oh, it's broken..." The teacher said to me.
"Sir, she can use mine"
"Oh, thank you BJ, isn't that nice?"
I nodded, smirking in my head at the boy's name.
So, I did all that stuff like putting the little amount of books I had in my locker. When the bell rang, 19 other people found their place in the classroom with me, and everyone chose a place to sit. Of course, with me not knowing anyone, I got stuck in a place I didn't particularly want to sit... At the time. 
My classroom was set out like this:
 •        •
 •  •••~  •
 •        • 
 •        •
  ••••••••

The ~ is where I sit. This is the classroom we're in for most of our lessons. At the time, I thought it was a bad place to sit. Sitting next to... Him.
I regret it now... But I didn't have feelings for him then. I feel so stupid for not taking advantage of the oppertunity I had. 

The whole day was pretty boring. The next day, in a lesson, we had to work in 'partners'. So, I had to work with... ((Ugh. I can't avoid it any longer. I have to tell you his name. What makes it more embarrassing is... No. You'll find that out later.)) Rudy. He was trying to do the work... And I was being an uncooperative bitch. At the time, I was still incredibly shy, and I just nodded to everything he said, not making eye contact. Then the teacher says
"I think it would be better if you worked with different people. Chloe, come sit here."
So, they move. Chloe says to me
"Should I ask if I can sit here all the time?"
I nodded, not caring...
Not realising the chance I'd just blew.

The first three-four weeks were boring, I barely spoke to anyone. But, I overcame my shyness, and began speaking more. 
I'm not completley sure when I started having feelings for him, but... I remember the day... The day when it all started going wrong.
The day, to be exact, was September 28th. I was in the classroom with Anna, Amelia, Chloe and Betty. I guess I could blame this whole mess on Anna... She said to me
"So, you've been here for a while, have you got your eye on anyone?"
I can usually lie... But when it's somthing like this, I can't.
"M-maybe..." I replied
"Oh, who, who? Tell us!" she says.
"We won't tell anyone" Chloe says... What a liar. 
I turned away, blushing. And so the guessing game began. 
"BJ?"
"No..."
"Ben?"
"No."
"Are they in this class?"
"Maybe..."
"That means yes! Nick?"
"No."
"Does it begin with an R?" Anna asked with a sly smile... She had already figured it out.
"Rowan!" Betty yelled
"No!" I replied
"Oh my god! It's Rudy!" Amelia shouted. I blushed.
"Aww! That's so cute!" Anna said.
"Why'd you like -Rudy-?" Chloe asked "He's a nerd."
To be honest, I didn't know why I liked him... Maybe it was everything; his long dark hair that flopped over his face, his clear pale skin, his piercing blue eyes, or that he was intelligent and insightful, and musically talented... I don't know. If I were to list everything I liked about him, you would be here for hours. 

Anyway, it spread incredibly quickly. A lot of people knew. I wasn't comfortable with it, but none of the boys knew, so I put up with it... But... 
I think he knew. We exchanged quick, awkward moments of eye contact...
But... Some of the boys were finding out, and then some people just decided to tell them anyway.
I feel sorry for -him-. I mean, I'm sure it must've been embarrassing for him as well, and irritating to have people saying 
'someone likes you' or somthing to him all the time. 

Then, one day it became too much. I got sick of everyone talking about it, so, I confronted him. It was just before he went to a football match. I'm still amazed I was brave enough to talk to him. With a surge of confidence, t touched him lightly on the shoulder.
"R-rudy?"
He turned around. I felt incredibly nervous, I couldn't make eye contact.
"Uhm... You probably heard already..."
"Yeah, I have"
I glanced to his icy eyes, unable to look very long.
"Just think about it, please?" I asked
"I will"
Our conversation was short, but it meant a lot to me.

The next day, Betty said to me
"I asked Rudy out for you" I blinked. I wish she'd ask before doing things like that.
"He said 'we're too young for a relationship'." She continued. I was... Slightly dissapointed, but not completely crushed. 

     
Sign up to rate and review this story