Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Always Attract

Honey, This Mirror Isn’t Big Enough For The Two Of Us

by -impervius 2 reviews

Abbey gets away for a day.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2010-11-30 - Updated: 2010-11-30 - 1283 words - Complete

2Exciting
As July drew to a close, Abbey found herself nearing the preparation stages for the upcoming tour with My Chemical Romance. This meant her holiday was coming to an end, and she found herself scribbling down lyrics frantically, desperate for new material to perform on stage. Of course, she was not short of material. Being stuck in a weird love triangle with two brothers was enough to fill an entire new record, but in an effort to get inspired Abbey began spending an increasingly large amount of time alone. Lack of inspiration was not the only thing to blame; Abbey had grown so frustrated thinking about the Way brothers that she had decided to distance herself slightly to ultimately clear her head. So, on a day that she had said no to hanging out with Gerard, she decided to make plans with her sisters Aleisha and Darcey, along with Frank.

That day, Frank and Abbey journeyed from Newark to New York City, where Aleisha and Darcey shared an apartment. Frank had irritably agreed to join the three sisters for a shopping trip, purely because he had nothing else to do. ‘So let’s talk about the fact that we haven’t seen you in like, a month. Phone calls do not count as a real conversation.’ Aleisha said in an accusatory tone.
‘Sis, we spent several months straight together. You accidentally dropped my toothbrush in the toilet. Can you blame me for wanting a break?’ Abbey asked as she rummaged through a bargain bin in a vintage clothes store. Frank was doing the same. He yanked a floral dress Abbey likened to something her sixth grade teacher would have worn.
‘Could I pull this off or am I so kidding myself?’ Frank held the dress up to his body. Abbey rolled her eyes, returned the dress to its place and pulled him away from the bin to the exit.
‘Can I just express my excitement for this tour with My Chem?’ Darcey asked excitedly.
‘Oh, me too!’ Abbey and Aleisha answered simultaneously as they walked down the busy New York street, making a beeline for the nearest Starbucks.
‘Goodness, you’re going on tour with them? I hear those outrageous, tattooed freaks wear eyeliner and lots of black!’ Frank exclaimed disgustedly, taking on the voice of an elderly lady far too well.
‘Really? Because I’ve only heard that the rhythm guitarist is a hobbit. Do you know if that’s true?’ Abbey asked mildly as they entered the coffee shop. Frank scowled at her and joined the line. He was inevitably about to come up with some kind of witty retort when Abbey’s ringtone interrupted the potential argument.

Abbey flipped her phone open, saw the caller ID, then flipped it shut again. ‘Who was it?’ Darcey asked curiously from behind Abbey in the line.
‘Oh, no one.’ Abbey replied casually.
‘Well done. With that mere phrase you have ignited my curiosity.’ Aleisha said.
‘Mine too,’ Frank agreed from in front of Abbey. ‘So tell us all now or we shall have to pin you down and have our ways with you.’ He paused at the looks of disgust on the three sisters’ faces. ‘Sorry.’ He muttered. Abbey sighed and looked at each of her friends in turn.
‘Okay,’ Abbey conceded. ‘It was Mikey.’
‘Mikey?’ Aleisha frowned. ‘As in ex-boyfriend Mikey? Are you seeing him again?’
‘No,’ Abbey answered hastily. ‘He had a girlfriend until a couple of weeks ago. We just hang out sometimes.’
‘Abbey is failing to mention the reason why the girlfriend broke up with Mikey in the first place,’ Frank answered, grinning. ‘She was convinced that Abbey was more important to Mikey than her.’
Aleisha looked scandalised by the whole situation. ‘Abs, you homewrecker!’ She joked.
‘Don’t make me feel any worse,’ Abbey muttered. ‘He’s been so upset over the whole thing. He doesn’t seem to blame me because he keeps trying to call me and hang out with me, but I just feel so bad.’

Once the group had paid for and received their respective coffees, they moved to sit at a table.
‘You do realise that he’s probably always calling you and wanting to hang with you because he likes you?’ Darcey asked Abbey tentatively once they were seated.
‘Aha!’ Frank nodded in passionate agreement and gestured to himself to indicate that he had suggested this to Abbey on numerous occasions. ‘See? I’m not crazy! You’re just in denial, dumbass!’ He punched Abbey lightly on the arm.
‘Just because he calls me doesn’t mean he feels that way about me. You call me all the time Frankie, and that’s just because you’re a needy bitch. Mikey just needs someone to talk to, that’s all.’
‘And why is Gerard calling you all the time? Because he wants you to come over and help him with his knitting?’
‘Gerard too?’ Aleisha sounded gobsmacked. ‘Wow, no wonder you haven’t had time to see us this past month!’ Abbey shook her head and took a gulp of her coffee.

Around half an hour later, Aleisha and Frank decided to go down to the music store nearby to pick up some guitar supplies. As Abbey and Darcey needed nothing, they wandered the streets near the music store, looking in the occasional store and catching up on each other’s lives. ‘I’ve gotta ask, Abs. Do you have feelings for Gerard or Mikey?’
Abbey sighed. She seemed to be sighing a lot these days. ‘I have feelings for both of them, and I don’t know what to do.’ She explained how Gerard felt and how Mikey’s feelings were unclear to her. ‘And as much as I like Gerard, I can’t be with him until I know how Mikey feels. I think it will help me to clarify how I feel.’
Darcey nodded understandingly. ‘What do you like about each of them most?’
Abbey thought carefully. ‘Gerard’s just so empathetic. He feels everything with his whole heart, it’s so wonderful. But Mikey just gets me. He can see straight through me. Plus we have the same sense of humour which you know I love.’
‘Sounds like you’re in a pickle.’
Abbey nodded.

The two began walking back towards the music store in silence. ‘You know what you have to do, right?’ Darcey asked.
‘If I did, do you really think I’d be in this mess right now?’
‘You have to find out how Mikey feels, obviously. But according to you he’s still upset over his girlfriend breaking up with him, right? He’s probably just as confused about how he feels as you are. Why don’t you just give Gerard a chance? One date? See if the chemistry’s there. He knows how he feels, and he’s being upfront with you about it. Maybe the only way to see how you feel is by giving him a try?’
Abbey pondered this for a moment. ‘What if it fucks up my chances with Mikey?’
‘You can’t sit around wondering “What if?” all day Abbey, it’ll give you a headache.’
Abbey rubbed her sore head absentmindedly. ‘You’ve got that right.’
She had a lot to think about, just for a change.

-----
Hi guys, once again, a bit of a filler, but it's about to send the plot into overdrive if all goes according to plan. I have the next couple of chapters mapped out so I can't wait to finally get them up here.
Make sure you rate and review, the encouragement and support means a lot to me :)
Sign up to rate and review this story