Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

A Kiss Good-bye, Your Twisted Shell

by shmeghan 1 review

We're all monsters in love. One-shot based on the song "Adia". Enjoii!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] - Published: 2010-11-30 - Updated: 2010-12-01 - 818 words

0Unrated
Update! Thirteen views, but no reviews? Harsh, guys. Honestly, I don't care if you think this is utter bullshit, or not. I write for myself - not really for the enjoyment of others. So, even is you have critisism, drop me a line! On another note, none of the lyrics you see in italics are not mine. Nope! Credit goes to Sarah McLachlan, her record company, and whoever helps her with her music. That being said - don't sue me!




Adia I do believe I failed you.
Adia I know I've let you down.
Don't you know I tried so hard, to love you in my way?


Not once had I ever questioned my actions; not once had I ever looked back and thought to apologize. Yet, for reasons still unknown, I thought about her - and not me.

It's easy, let it go...

Could I let this go? Could I ever truly give up control? And, let her be free of me - of harm. No, of course not.

Adia I'm empty since you left me;trying to find a way to carry on.
I search myself and everyone, to see where we went wrong.


My sweet Adia, was so alive once. But, my feelings of love and adoration towards her were short lived; I could see how she grew tired of me - of us. Oh, how she rubbed her sorrow in my face - who did she think she was!? After all, she was mine, and I was hers.


There's no one left to finger,
there's no one here to blame;
there's no one left to talk to, honey, and there ain't no one to buy our innocence.


Why was she always so blind? Couldn't she see - couldn't she feel - how much she meant to me? She was my world, and the only thing I ever cared to know. Why did she always have to turn this around!? I was helping, but she accused of hurting. So, I did the only thing there was left to do: I took her. For months her father would call, with the usual harassment:

"You son-of-a-bitch - let me speak to Adia! I'll call the cops on you; worthless piece of shit!"

And I'd have the pleasure of holding the phone up to Adia, smirk in tow every time; she'd have the pleasure of reciting the lines we'd practice over, and over again:

"Frank is my world, father," she spat as I looked over her approvingly, "I am nobodies daughter now, because he cares for me life you never could - so fuck off!"

Now, how is that wrong? I did provide for her, goddammit. But, she didn't need friends or regular outings: she was my gal, so those back-stabbing bitches, or "girlfriends", could all rot. A great 'ole bunch of whores they were, anyway.


'Cause we are born innocent; believe me,Adia, we are still innocent.

I never really wanted to hurt her, but if I hadn't, how would she know her place? I longed for control - and I would fucking have it! No matter what - she knew I loved her...right?


It's easy, we all falter, but does it matter?

She wouldn't have left me, anyway; regardless of what I've done, she needed me just as much. We both wanted to belong, but only one of us could control.


But does it matter?

No - it never did.

Her heavy eyes struggle to stay open, but she fights against this beautiful death that creeps upon us.

"Frankie?"

Her small, chapped lips are coated with blood. My disease has done this, but I don't feel bad about it. She won't feel any pain when she is gone. So many times she'd begged me to kill her - and now I finally had; on my own turns.

"I..l-love..you," she breathed. Her auburn hair casting over her eyes, like a shield after war.

"And, I've always loved the idea of you"

Her body convulsed one last time as I pressed down hard on her chest, and then she was done.
We were done.


Adia I thought that we could make it,
I know I can't change the way you feel.
I leave you with your misery -
a friend who won't betray;
pull you from your tower,
take away your pain.
Show you all the beauty you possess,
if you'd only let yourself believe that
we are born innocent...





Ah! This one-shot is based on the song "Adia" by Sarah McLachlan; there's much more to the song, but - for my stories sake - I left it off here. This is the first time I've ever published work here on Ficwad, so your thoughts would be fab! Honestly, I've just been lurking about the site , but now I'm ready to share with you guys! And, rate/review your work! Thanks for your time, loveys. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story