Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Always Attract

First Date

by -impervius 4 reviews

The one you've been waiting for.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2010-12-04 - Updated: 2010-12-04 - 1809 words - Complete

1Exciting
Abbey awoke on Saturday morning feeling both nervous and excited. She practically skipped into the kitchen, where her best friend stood in only his boxers making pancakes. Abbey stopped to appreciate her housemate’s body. ‘Damn boy, when did you get hot? All this time spent agonising over the Way brothers and I should’ve been trying to get you into bed.’ She moved to the kitchen table and sat.
‘Please Abs,’ Frank said, a smile on his face. ‘You could never be attracted to me like that. We poop in the same toilet.’
‘Aaand now it’s ruined.’
‘No!’ Frank exclaimed triumphantly. ‘Nothing is ruined. Because there are pancakes!’
‘You’re a pancake.’ Abbey muttered.
‘Real mature,’ Frank said as he placed a plate of chocolate chip pancakes in front of his best friend.

Abbey stared at the mountain of food before her. ‘I can’t eat this,’ she said.
‘And why the fuck not?’
‘Because, Frankie,’ Abbey pleaded. ‘I’ll throw up. I’m going out with Gerard tonight and I have never been more nervous in my life.’
‘Why? You’ve been friends for years.’ Frank sat down across from her.
‘Exactly. What if he suddenly realizes that I’m not as awesome as he thinks I am? What if we end up together but have a bad breakup and write a mound of horrible break up songs about how bad the other is in bed?’
‘Abbey...’ Frank rolled his eyes.
‘Oh my God!’ Abbey clapped her hands to her mouth. ‘The downward spiral will start! I’ll get married to a backing dancer who will bleed my estate dry; I’ll get fat; I’ll get caught lip-syncing on Saturday Night Live!’
‘Abbey!’ Frank reached across the table and grabbed her shoulders. ‘Firstly, you have no backing dancers and no estate to speak of, the likelihood of you getting fat is on the same level as me releasing a Spanish single with Jennifer Lopez and lastly, you are not Ashlee Simpson!’ Abbey simply stared at Frank, the terror still evident in her eyes. ‘Look,’ he said, moving to sit back down. ‘Gerard has liked you forever, and everyone knows it. Nothing’s going to change the way he feels about you. Not even if you reveal that you have no vagina. You do have a vagina, right?’
Abbey cocked her eyebrow at him. ‘I’m sure you’ve seen it one of the many times you’ve “accidentally” walked in on me having a shower.’
‘Hey, a guy gets curious. I was just verifying to make sure it has not run away recently.’ Abbey rolled her eyes at him. ‘Stop stressing. Nothing’s gonna change the way he feels about you.’

A ringing broke the silence as the phone begged for an answer. Frank quickly got up and rushed to the wall where it hung. ‘Hello?’ There was a pause. Frank looked furtively over at Abbey, who wondered who it was. ‘Yeah man, she’s here.’ Pause. ‘Yeah, I’ll get her.’ Another pause. ‘Are you alright?’ Pause. ‘Definitely. I’m just as excited as you are,’ he grinned as he moved towards Abbey. ‘Alright, here she is.’ He passed the phone to Abbey with his hand over the receiver, whispering ‘It’s Mikey.’ Abbey reluctantly took the phone and put it to her ear.

‘Mikey?’
‘Hey, kid. How have you been?’
‘Yeah, I’ve been okay. How about you?’
‘I’ve been better. But I’m getting better, every day.’ There was a pause as Mikey waited for Abbey to speak, and when she did not, he went on. ‘So I’ve gotta say Abs, it feels like you’ve been avoiding me. Have I done something wrong?’
‘No, Mikey. You’ve done nothing wrong. I’ve just been going through some stuff, you know?’ Abbey said vaguely.
‘Oh, good,’ Mikey replied. ‘Not that you’ve been going through shit, but that you’re not mad at me. I was worried. You know that if you ever need it, I’m always here for you, right? I mean, I know you have Frank, but it never hurts to have someone else to lean on.’
‘Yeah, I know,’ Abbey said. ‘Thank you, Mikey.’
‘You don’t need to thank me, babe. I’ve been going through some shit too, what with Jamie leaving and the album being so stressful. The past couple of months have been hard. Maybe we could hang out and talk about everything we’re going through? I miss you.’
‘Sounds good Mikes,’ Abbey smiled.
‘Are you free tonight? Maybe we could catch a movie.’
Abbey froze. ‘No, Mikey. Sorry, I have plans.’
‘Oh yeah?’ He sounded dreadfully disappointed. ‘What you doing?’
‘Going out, with Gerard.’
‘Oh.’ Abbey expected Mikey to react the same way he did that day at the carnival. Much to her surprise, he did not. ‘Well that’s cool. You guys have fun. We’ll do something some other time.’ Despite his cool answer, Mikey’s voice did not sound right. Disappointment still tainted his words.

~

Abbey examined herself in front of her mirror. Not bad, in her opinion. As she and Gerard were only going to dinner and movie, she had decided to keep her outfit casual; jeans, docs, a plain white tank top and a light blazer. Her makeup was light, with a touch of smoke around her blue eyes, and her chocolate brown hair hung loose down past her breasts. All in all, she could look worse. A knock at the front door roused her from her reverie. She moved out of her bedroom and down the hall to the front door, but Frank got there first. Abbey watched as he and Gerard exchanged greetings and talked. Gerard was dressed in dark blue jeans, sneakers, a plain black t shirt and a black leather jacket, his white blonde hair an electric contrast to his outfit. He looked gorgeous.

‘Hey,’ he greeted her, a crooked smile splayed across his features.
‘Hi,’ she replied coyly, approaching the two boys, her eyes on Gerard.
‘Alright, now you two kids play nice. Use protection, be back by curfew, don’t perform any satanic animal slaughtering rituals of any kind and all that jazz.’ Frank pushed the couple out the door, giving Abbey a light kiss on the cheek. ‘Enjoy yourself,’ he whispered in her ear, and then he shut the door behind them.

~

Gerard had insisted Abbey pick where they go for dinner, and so they ended up in a small Thai restaurant downtown. After the waitress had taken their orders, Gerard leaned back and stretched. ‘So, what do you wanna see tonight?’
Abbey frowned in thought. ‘The Descent just came out?’ She suggested tentatively.
‘Wow,’ Gerard laughed. ‘A girl asking to see a horror movie on a date. I knew there was a reason I’d liked you for so long.’
Abbey blushed and ran her fingers through her hair. ‘Well, I’d rather that than John Tucker Must Die.’
‘Are you sure?’ Gerard grinned. ‘Isn’t that guy from Desperate Housewives in it? If you want to see it just to watch him, we can go. I swear I won’t judge you.’
‘He’s not my type,’ Abbey scoffed.
‘Oh yeah?’ Gerard leaned forward. ‘And what is your type?’
Abbey suddenly felt slightly flustered. She tried to shrug it off. ‘Definitely not him. What’s your type?’
‘You.’ He maintained eye contact with her as the meals were placed in front of them. Abbey couldn’t stop a smile from crossing her face.

~

Late that night, Gerard and Abbey left the cinema laughing uncontrollably, Gerard’s arm around Abbey’s shoulders as she described the monsters from the film to him. ‘But don’t you think,’ she said in between giggles, ‘that they looked like mouldy Voldemorts?’
Gerard burst out laughing. ‘Like from Harry Potter?’ He shook his head. ‘You are crazy.’
‘No, they seriously did! You cannot deny it!’

The two of them laughed and chatted as they walked through the streets of the city, avoiding walking back to Gerard’s car, because the night would be over. Eventually they began making their way back to the car, absorbed in conversation; Gerard was telling Abbey stories of when she was on tour and the boys were staying in her and Frank’s apartment. ‘So Frank runs up to me, asking if I know what dog food you usually buy for McLairy, like I have a fucking clue, and Mikey tells him it’s okay to feed dogs cheeseburgers. Next thing we know, the dog’s puking on Mikey’s lap.’
Abbey laughed animatedly. ‘I missed all of you so much,’ she sighed as they arrived at the car.
‘We missed you too,’ Gerard said softly. ‘I missed you. A whole lot.’

Gerard moved close to Abbey and backed her up against his car. She could feel his breath on her face. ‘So Abs, do you know how you feel about me now?’ He whispered softly in her ear, making her melt.
‘I’m starting to get a good idea,’ she whispered back, trembling.
Gerard grinned. ‘Well, at least I’m growing on you. Maybe this will help you get a more concrete idea.’ He leaned forward and softly claimed her lips, smiling against her mouth. She had been waiting for this all night, and he did not disappoint. He had her glued between him and car, and she loved it. She could feel every contour of his body against her, including a bulge in his pants that made her gasp upon contact. Gerard pulled back from the kiss. ‘Sorry,’ he muttered. ‘Didn’t mean for you to feel that. I don’t wanna scare you away.’
‘Oh, you’re far from scaring me with that,’ she grinned, pulling him back towards her. They were interrupted by a vibrating coming from Gerard's pants pocket. He broke off the kiss.
‘Okay, I swear that’s not me,’ he laughed, yanking his cell phone out of his pocket and staring at the caller ID. ‘It’s Frankie. Must be important, he wouldn’t call if it wasn’t.’ Abbey nodded. ‘We’ll continue this in a minute,’ he smirked.

‘Hello?’ Gerard answered, one hand still on Abbey’s hip and a smile plastered on his face. His smile quickly faded. ‘What happened?’ Pause. ‘Okay, we’ll be right there.’ He quickly shut his phone.
‘What’s wrong?’ Abbey asked worriedly.
Gerard had gone ghostly white. ‘It’s Mikey. He’s in hospital.’

------
Oh no! What's happened to Mikey?
Still a happy chapter. I had fun on the date. Did you?
Guess we'll have to see what the hospital brings.
Rate and review guys! Can't wait for the next chapter, I hope you're as excited as I am :)
Sign up to rate and review this story