Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > The Right Thing

3

by fireun 0 reviews

Of all the things Roy Mustang regretted doing in life; he had never thought to add Edward Elric to the list.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Edward Elric, Roy Mustang - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-05-12 - Updated: 2006-05-12 - 823 words

0Unrated
This was not right, not how it was supposed to be...those eyes were not supposed to look at him like that, half-lidded but curiously intent...that face was not supposed to look that eager...

Roy felt carefully trimmed nails biting into his palms through his gloves. The muscles in his forearms quivered with the need to stay where he was, carefully behind the protection of his desk as well as the need to go, to trace the line of sculpted cheekbones with the reverence, the desire he desperately wanted to express...There was a different sort of burning in his stomach now, anticipation joining with indigestion in its acidic roiling.

And the carefully interested expression on Ed's face was not helping. Or the fact that he licked his lips nervously every now and then, leaving them moist and tempting...

Damn.

Roy didn't remember standing, didn't remember moving towards Ed, though he noticed when nervous irritability turned to anticipation in those wide gold eyes, noticed when those same eyes slid shut, a soft breath sighed out from those enticingly moist lips as he drew one finger down the side of Ed's face...

And jerked back as reality chose a most opportune moment to intrude in the form of a polite knock on his office door.

Roy was embarrassed to note he felt guilty as a teen caught with his hands in his pants as he stumbled his way back to stand safely behind his desk, ignored the most irate glare Ed was shooting his way, cleared his throat, and suggested whomever was knocking enter.

Havoc poked his head in, analyzed the situation as safe, and entered completely and irreverently as ever, tossing a lazy wave in Roy's direction, the closest he got to a salute in the office. "Mustang, got some questions for you...oh, hey boss." He snapped a grin Ed's way, making nothing of the smoldering wrath that seemed to emanate from the blond. He couldn't be blamed, honestly, as Ed tended to spend a good portion of his time in Roy's office in one state of anger or another.

What he wasn't ready for was the fact Ed shot one last spite-filled, blushing glare at Roy, then turned and left.

Without a word.

As soon as the door was safely slammed shut Havoc pulled a cig free, lit, and leaned against the nearest piece of furniture, a rather uncomfortable looking chair. "So...you wanna explain that one to me?"

"Hawkeye will shoot you for smoking in the office." Roy admonished, settling back down into his chair, an odd look on his face. He could still feel the warmth of Ed's flushing cheeks on his fingertips...

Havoc watched, bemused, as Roy silently rubbed the forefinger and thumb of his right hand together in an oddly gentle motion. "Nice try. I can wait."

For some reason the amusement in Havoc's voice angered him. Roy launched a withering glower at his friend and subordinate. "I am not in the mood, Second Lieutenant. Did you have actual business or did you just feel the need to involve yourself in my personal business?"

"Nothing meant by it. Just messing around." Havoc held his hands out in entreaty, hoping to stem the burst of temper he could see rising in Roy's narrowed eyes. "About the information I received today..."



Roy had never been so happy to see the back of Havoc vanish out his door. Pinching the bridge of his nose against the headache that was threatening to attack at any second, he turned his head towards the issues he found more pressing than any military operation.

Damn, now Edward was affecting his performance at work, his chance at advancement. This was becoming more serious a problem than he had originally anticipated. Unacceptable.

Unavoidable.

Too much conflict, too many sensations battering their way through his mind, all demanding his immediate attention... It was odd, how fast he had moved from debilitating guilt to mere consternation.

He didn't want to...couldn't accept the thought that he accepted the fact the Ed genuinely desired him, enjoyed him. It was...inappropriate. It was....

Exhilarating.

He had seen how much barely touching Ed had affected the younger man, how merely brushing a finger along the curve of a cheek had elicited a shuddering breath, how Ed had leaned into the caress, eyes starting to slide shut. To have so much power...to be able to affect such a standoffish, excitable individual...

Intoxicating.

...touchtastesmell...

Unforgivably inappropriate.

Roy's head sank down to rest in the cradling comfort of his hands as he lost his impromptu battle with the headache. The campaign against his morals was proving to be more taxing than anticipated.

Damn Edward for not being repulsed. Damn him for all the desperate kisses, the clutching fingers...

Roy groaned, head pounding along with his unsteady heartbeat. He decided to damn himself in there as well, for wanting to experience it again...
Sign up to rate and review this story