Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Insecure

Chapter 2: Bad Day

by dust101 3 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-12-18 - Updated: 2010-12-19 - 3800 words

5Exciting
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. Not yet that is, but soon... you'll see.

A/N: It's been a while... Here's the 2nd installment of 'Insecure'. Enjoy and Happy Holidays! =)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Insecure

...

Chapter 2:

"Bad Day"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

After a sleepless night, an exhausted Fleur greeted the man sitting behind a massive mahogany desk, stacked with papers that were organizing themselves. "Hello papa."

"Hello ma cherie." The man greeted back without looking up from document he was signing.

She felt awkward talking to her father because she feels like a little child every time. "Last night, after the game against England –"

"Oh yes, that reminds me. You need to stop antagonizing the press and going against everything Pierre says." The French minister cut her off.

"What? I was just telling the truth!" She retorted and shook her head. "Anyways, Papa I need to tell you something."

"What is it? Be quick because I'm expecting a floo call from the Chinese minister of magic." He replied finally putting down the document he was reading.

Fleur nodded, "Last night, after the game, I was attacked a-and I was almost... r-raped." She forced out, as the flashback of last night played in her mind. Tears started to fall out of her eyes as she stood there in her father's office.

"Attacked? By whom?" He demanded. "Almost raped?"

"Oui, if it wasn't for someone showing up and saving me... I would've been..." She sobbed.

"So you didn't get raped?" Her father asked and sighed in relief as her eldest daughter shook her head, her silvery locks flailing from side to side. "Thank god..."

She wiped her tears and whispered, "I was so scared –", but her father cut her off.

"Nothing happened to you so it's fine. I need you to keep this to yourself. I can't have another scandal coming from you. Election is in a couple of months and I can't have you messing it up for me." He said.

Fleur was gobsmacked, as her father proceeded to lecture her about the importance for someone in his position to have a good image and reputation.

"– Gabrielle is bad enough. I don't need you adding to my problems." He finished.

"I can't believe this! I can't believe that you're more worried about how you look like to the public than your daughter's safety!" She yelled, as angry tears fell down her cheeks.

"Fleur –" Monsieur Delacour tried to explain.

"Non! I've had enough of this! Ever since maman –" Fleur was cut off as the fireplace burned green before a disembodied voice called out. "Gao Xing Szeto. Minister of Magic of the People's Republic of China."

"I accept." The French minister said and the floating head of the Chinese minister appeared in the green flames.

"Daniel, it seems like you are busy at the moment." The man said with a thick accent, as he looked at Fleur.

"No, no Gao, we are finished here." Daniel Delacour replied, looking at her daughter pointedly.

Fleur angrily wiped the tears on her face and roughly opened the door before going out and slamming the door shut. She leaned against the ornate door, breathing hard as angry tears continued to spill from her eyes. She was surprised when someone cleared their throat. She quickly looked around and saw the man who saved her last night, standing awkwardly in the carpeted hallway.

"Are you alright Miss Delacour?" He asked, scratching his head.

Fleur closed her eyes, her eyebrows knitting, and concentrated. Her face quickly went back to its perfect self again, no puffy teary eyes, no tear stained cheeks and no red nose.

"Oui, I'm fine." She replied as she quickly stood up and straightened her robe. "What are you doing here?"

"Ummm... as your bodyguard, shouldn't I be wherever you are?" He answered.

"I mean how did you know where I was?" She asked, annoyed as she walked towards the elevator.

Harry followed her, "Everyone knows you are the French minister's daughter... and I just asked her?" He replied, pointing at the witch sitting behind a desk with a small stack of papers, near the elevator.

"Hey cutie!" The witch wearing a tight, black blouse, hair held up by two pencils, said as they approached her desk. "Oh, It seems you found her."

"Yes." Harry replied. "Thank you!" He called out as he saw Fleur getting in the elevator and quickly followed her in.

The French Seeker glared at her father's secretary eyeing her bodyguard who jogging towards her, appreciatively, before the elevator doors closed and started to move.

She sighed, and looked at the man wearing the same thing from last night, minus the blood, and quickly looked away when he smiled at her. Memories of last night flooded her mind every time she looked at him. Her emotions cycled through shame, anger then sadness as she remembered the traumatic experience.

The French ministry had 187 floors, the minister's office being at the top. The two sole occupants of the elevator, Fleur, who was standing in front of the buttons and watching the numbers flash with each floor, and Harry, who was standing on the opposite side of the elevator, felt the tension slowly build up as the elevator went down.

"And I thought going up there was long..." He joked, trying to relieve the tension, which Fleur responded to with a glare. "Look, I know you're mad at your father, but I –"

"So you were eavesdropping on us?" She turned towards him, her tone cold.

"Yes. No! I mean I didn't mean to." He quickly explained. "Shit."

"Yes. Shit." She repeated as she turned back, glaring at his reflection on the chromed walls.

She knows she shouldn't be mad at him, heck she should be thankful. 'How can I hate a person who helped me, so quickly?' She asked herself. She knew the answer as soon as she asked the question. This man has seen her in her weakest moments. Everyone compliments her on her strong character and she is proud of that, but every time she sees him, she's reminded of how weak she was last night, and how weak she is in front of her father.

'My Father... I hate him.' She thought angrily as a single stubborn tear fell from her eyes. 'I hate what he's become.' She swiped the single tear quickly as the elevator stopped.

"First Floor. Ministère de Magie" The elevator announced as the doors opened. Fleur quickly stepped out, a sob escaping her lips and rushed out the lobby.

Harry caught up with her at the steps in front of the French Ministry building. He grabbed her by her wrist and turned her around. "Miss Delacour –"

"Look!" She cut him off as she angrily shook his grip off her wrist. "Thank you... for your help last night... and I know Paul hired you, but your services are not needed." She said as she wiped the tears off her cheeks. "Keep the money. Just – Just stay away from me!" She yelled as she turned and started running down the stairs.

Again he caught her by her wrist, stopping her before he pulled her against him into a hug. "Look, I know you're mad. You're mad about those bastards, about your father... heck you're mad at me. But I can't just let you go." He said softly, letting her body relax against him. "What if something happens to you again?" He asked, and he instantly knew he asked the wrong question as he felt her tense up.

That rhetorical question infuriated the beautiful seeker. She pushed him off her, his foot catching on a step and he fell on his ass, while passersby watched and pointed at them. "Nothing! Nothing is going to happen to me again!" She yelled, her face red in anger. "I'm not some little girl that needs to be protected anymore!" She shouted, her frustrations and aura bubbling out. "My entire life I was alone. I've faced the world by myself, and I'm a stronger person because of it. Last night, I was caught off guard, but that will never – EVER happen again." The part-veela said, her voice steely with determination.

"Miss Dela –" He tried to say something, but she didn't want to hear it.

"I want you to stay away from me or I'm going to cause a scene and get you arrested, my father be damned." She warned him. "I can fucking take care of myself." She said harshly. "Goodbye Monsieur Potter." She said.

"Wait –" He tried to stop her, but she already disappeared. "Well... at least she didn't splinch herself." He sighed, as he stood up and dusted himself. He looked around at the people looking and pointing at him, before apparating away.

...

Harry opened the door to Sirius' flat, which also functions as their security agency's office. He closed his eyes as he felt the tingle of the protection wards washing over him as he passed through them. However, as soon as he opened his eyes...

"What the fuck?" He yelled. "Sirius! Do you have to do this every time?"

"Harry!" Sirius Black, the co-owner of P-B Ass Watchers, yelled in surprise, quickly getting up and ungracefully dumping a naked witch, in a painful heap behind his desk. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he started to quickly put clothes on.

"What am I doing here?" He asked. "I think the real question is what are YOU doing here?"

"Well we were having a bit of fun, that is, until you came along." The witch answered as she stood up, looking for her robes.

"Will you put on some clothes please?" Harry said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

The witch stopped buttoning her shirt, and eyed the young wizard down. She slowly sauntered towards him, her hips moving enticingly, showing off her nice naked ass. "You're pretty cute. You want to have a go with a sexy, older, experienced witch?" She whispered in his ear, as she rubbed his shoulders.

"Sorry, you're not my type." He replied, without even batting an eyelid.

This made Sirius laugh while the witch stepped back, her expression shocked, as if she was just slapped. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me." The raven haired wizard said as he started tidying his desk. "There's just something about large foreheads that turn me off." He said nonchalantly while he stacked some folders, oblivious to the woman's slacked jaw and red face.

Outraged, she was about to go on a tirade before a fully dressed Sirius interrupted her. "Wow! You DO have a huge forehead... but It's okay though, I think you're large breasts compensates for it."

"Fucking assholes!" She spat as she quickly grabbed all her clothes.

"Call me." Sirius said, making a phone sign with his hand.

"Fuck you!" 'CRACK'.

"I hope she didn't splinch herself." Harry said, making Sirius fall on the floor, rolling with laughter.

"Did you see her face? Oh that was priceless!" The man on the floor said, dying.

Harry put away some folders in filing cabinet while watching his godfather's antics in the corner of his eye with amusement. "Dobby." He called out. "Can you please help us clean the office? The old dog over there somehow manages to ruin the place every time I leave him alone." Harry told the elf, who appeared in the middle of their office.

"Yes master Harry." The little elf replied, and got to work.

The trio proceeded to clean the P-B Ass watcher's office, while Harry recounted what happened last night and this morning to his godfather.

"Poor girl..." The old marauder said sadly before quickly smiling. "What did she look like naked?"

"Seriously?" Harry asked his godfather, astonished. "I just told you how she almost got raped, her father not caring and how she just told me off this morning. And the first thing you ask is how she looked like naked?"

"Well..." Sirius said, scratching his chin, before nodding. "Yeah." Seeing his godson's face he quickly explained, "Well you saved her so she didn't get raped right? And there's a lot more worse things that can happen than your father being an uncaring ass. And you're bollocks when it comes to women so her telling you off is no big deal." He ticked off and received a scoff. "Come on! When do you ever get to see the mind-blowingly hot quidditch superstar, Fleur Delacour, naked? I mean wasn't that the reason why the entire male population of the world hated Pierre?"

"You're a real dog Sirius." Harry said, shaking his head. He then threw a pen lying on his desk at his now transformed godfather. The grim deftly caught the flying writing utensil in his mouth before transforming back to human, the pen still in his mouth.

"So?" He asked. "How did she look?"

The raven-haired wizard sighed. "Whatever you think she looks like naked?" He said, pausing as his godfather nodded eagerly. "She's a hundred times hotter." He finished.

Sirius stared at his godson, his jaw slacked, before suddenly running off into his room, which confused Harry until he came back with a heavy looking basin.

"Memory. In. The. Pensive. Now!" He commanded.

"No." Harry replied, taking out a folder from his desk. "This is the Delacour file. We need to go and meet with the coach to talk about her."

"Come on Harry. Just a peek." The marauder doing his best puppy dog look, whined. "Please!" Seeing his godson reading over the file, not even listening to him, he stomped towards his desk and angrily sat down. "Fine! Don't share with the man who took care of you."

"Oh grow up will you?" Harry said exasperatedly. "I'm going to floo Monsieur Henri."

...

Fleur Delacour panted as she wiped the sweat dripping from her forehead, unknowingly smudging some dirt on her beautiful face.

"Again!" She growled out as she kicked off the ground and took to the sky above the French National Team's training ground.

"No Fleur. You're going to hurt yourself. You've been at it the whole day." Alize Lee, France's National Team's right chaser, said.

"No, I can still go on." The beautiful seeker argued.

Alize sighed. "I don't know what is vexing you, but this isn't a healthy way of dealing with it. You'll end up injuring yourself." She said as she canceled the charm on the machine that shoots golf sized golden balls in the air.

"Damn it Alize!" Fleur growled in frustration. She then proceeded to close her eyes and take deep breaths. "I'm sorry. I'm just... I'm just stressed. That's all."

"It's okay Fleur. I understand." Alize replied smiling. She then walked up to the part veela and slung her arm over her shoulders. "With all the shit you deal with, I'm surprised you don't have these moments more." She said as she walked with her teammate to the team's change room.

...

"Once again, I'm very thankful for what you did for Fleur last night." Paul Henri, France's National Quidditch team's coach said as he looked over the training field from his office.

"It was nothing Monsieur Henri." The raven haired boy replied.

"Call me Paul si'l vous plait Monsieur Potter." The older man requested, looking back to the two men sitting in his office.

"Only if you call me Harry." He countered, making the man laugh.

"So Harry, before we finalize the contract, care to tell me a little bit of history of your company?"

"Certainly Paul. P-B Ass Watchers was founded by my godfather, Sirius Black -" He said, introducing Sirius who was sitting beside him. "- and myself, Harry Potter, three years ago, right after I graduated from Hogwarts."

"Hello." Sirius greeted, to which he received a polite nod.

"It started out as a small protection business with myself as the sole operative. And three years later, it grew, well not really, to a still small protection business, but has now three operatives. Sirius, myself and Dobby." He said, before a house elf, wearing a suit 'POP'd into the room.

"Hellos!" Dobby greeted enthusiastically.

This made the Quidditch coach laugh. "One of your employees is a house elf?" Paul asked incredulously.

"Yes. He's a well trained operative who specializes in muggle firearms." Sirius answered, to which Dobby puffed his chest up.

Paul Henri let out a hearty laugh as he watched their antics. "I've heard great reviews from your short list of clientele." He said. "One of them being my good friend Mrs. Wood, Oliver Wood's mother."

"Really? Mrs. Wood is your friend?" Sirius asked. "She was really fun to work for."

"Yes, yes. Mrs. Wood was really nice to Dobby." The house elf added while nodding his head ardently, making his large ears flap.

"Yes. She's a great lady." Paul agreed. "Anyways, how do you plan on doing this?"

"Well, she told me off this morning." The young wizard said, smiling and scratching the back of his neck. "She told me to stay away from her or she'll get me arrested."

The French coach started laughing. "I guess she doesn't like the idea of being protected." He said. "She's the most independent person I know."

"We can protect her discretely." Sirius quipped. "Harry will sta- I mean, watch over her surreptitiously, and only step in when she looks like she won't be able to handle the situation..."

...

Fleur Delacour, Marie Boucher and Alize Lee were sitting in a quaint little cafe located in the magical part of Paris, much to delight of the cafe's patrons. The three sat down tiredly after everyone in the shop asked for autographs and pictures.

"So Fleur, what's got you so worked up?" Marie asked as she pulled a pin from her hair, letting her brunette hair fall down her back.

"It's just... last night..." And so the beautiful seeker proceeded to tell her teammates what had happened last night and this morning. The two chasers then proceeded to comfort their distraught friend and teammate.

"That's rough... You've got terrible luck Fleur. All the bad things always happen to you... Oh and you're dad's an asshole. No offense." Alize said.

"Oui. I agree." The other chaser said, before smirking. "But this bodyguard of yours, how does he look?"

"What?" Fleur asked incredulously.

"Hey, I'm just curious." Marie argued, while Alize agreed.

"What do you mean?" The part veela asked.

"Well you know... He shows up and saves you, and then he tries to comfort you after a row with your dad." Alize said as she ticked off her points with her fingers. "He's like your chevalier."

"Chevalier?" Fleur whispered, frowning. She thought about her life and realized that last night was the first time she'd ever been saved by someone. Not to mention, this morning was also the first time a person outside her family tried to comfort her after a fight with her dad. "Not even Pierre..." She mused out loud only to be interrupted by her friends clearing their throats.

"Well? Are you going to tell us how he looks?" Marie asked.

Fleur was about to answer but was interrupted by a loud 'CRACK', followed by a "Fleur! Baby! How have you been?"

The veela quickly rounded to a tall, lanky, red head who was wearing expensive robes and holding a bouquet of roses. "What are you doing here?" She demanded.

"I came here to see you babe."

"Stop calling me that!"

"Calling you what babe?"

"That!" She yelled. "I'm not your babe and I never will be!"

Alize saw everyone in the cafe watching them and tried to tell her friend. "Fleur-"

"That's it you bitch!" The red head yelled, shocking everyone in the cafe. "Do you know how many girls would give up everything just so I'd look them?" He asked. "And here I am, chasing after you! I've been trying to ask you out ever since Pierre left you! What the fuck do you want?"

"Not you, obviously." Alize muttered, but was heard by everyone in the silent cafe.

"Okay, who the fuck is talking to you?" The seething red head asked.

"Hey! Don't you dare talk to my friends like that!" Fleur yelled as she stepped up right in front of the man's face.

The man's face softened as he looked down at her. He went to touch her face saying, "Okay, I'm sorry Fleur-"

"Just get out of here." She said, interrupting the man's apology, while she pulled her face away from the man's touch. She then turned around and started walking back to her friends, but was stopped by the red head's hand on her shoulder.

"C'mon Fleur." The man said sneering. "I bet you I can make you feel better than Pierre-"

'SLAP'

Everyone gasped, while a red mark started to show on the man's cheek.

"Fuck. you." She growled out as she quickly walked past the stunned man, heading for the shop's door.

Fleur was about to grab the door handle when she heard Marie yell, "Watch out!" Turning around, she saw an angry yellow spell flying towards her. She didn't have time to pull out her wand, let alone dodge, so she braced herself for the inevitable impact of the spell.

However, the impact never came as the yellow bolt, splashed against a translucent shield which appeared out of nowhere. She was snapped out of her trance by a loud crash and noticed that her red headed attacker was now lying on the floor, on top of a broken table.

"Are you alright Miss Delacour?" A voice asked as a familiar looking person shimmered in existence in the middle of the room.

"H-Harry?" Fleur asked in disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

"My job." He answered, before walking up to the struggling man on the floor, his gaze ice cold.

...

Wiping the blood that was dripping from his nose, the man glared at the black haired person, wearing a white shirt, black tie and black slacks, who was walking up to him. "How dare you hit me! Do you know who I am?" He yelled as he tried to get up from the cafe floor, but was stopped by the sound of a gun cocking beside his head.

Looking at the corner of his eye, he was shocked to see a house elf, wearing a suit with the logo 'P-BAW' embroidered on the breast pocket, holding a pistol to his temple. 'What the fuck?' He thought, before his attention was snapped back to the raven haired man who he started talking to him.

"Tall and Lanky? Red hair? Freckles? and the biggest asshole in the world?" The raven haired man listed sarcastically as he loosened his black skinny tie. "I know exactly who you are Ron Weasley. The-boy-who-lived."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Well what do you think? Review!
Sign up to rate and review this story