Categories > Celebrities > Slipknot

Long Road

by Monty102 3 reviews

Joey encounters what a email tells is his only daughter

Category: Slipknot - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2010-12-20 - Updated: 2010-12-29 - 1748 words

2Original
I read over my dead mother’s words one more time before putting the letter back into my carry-on.

Luna,

You’ve never known your father, but, I did know him. The reason why I raised you with Slipknot and Murderdolls was to make sure you never lose touch of him. I never contacted Mr. Jordison after that night and he has no idea about you. Take this information and do what you want with it. Find your father if you want to, just don’t do anything too stupid.
I will always love you and will always watch over.

-Mom

I put the letter away, closed my eyes and sighed. Am I taking this too far? Am I blowing the fact that Joey Jordison might be my father out of proportion? Sure, I have the original blonde hair and amazing music skills, but, I'm almost nearly 6'0 and one of my eyes are blue and the other is green, which freaks tons of people out all the time. After mom died of cancer only two months ago, I decided to try and contact Joey. I didn’t get a response, but, someone from the record company said they would shoot an email over to him. I decided to take a road trip to Iowa and see what the hell would happen, if anything does happen while I’m here.

“Where you heading?,” a voice asked.

I looked over to see a man sitting across the asile from me. His eyes were a deep blue and he had blonde hair. Why is he reminding me of some rockstar?

“Iowa,”I said,”And you?”

“Same,”he replied,”The names Taylor.”

“Luna,”I said.

He nodded and leaned back in his seat. I thought for a second and had no idea what to say to this guy.

“Why are you going to Iowa?,”he asked.

“Personal reasons,”I said.

“Just personal?,” he asked,”There’s gotta be more than that.”

“I’d rather not talk about it,” I said,” I’m not sure if I really wanna talk about it now.”

“Come on Luna,”he said, flashing a smile,”I won’t tell anyone.”

I sighed and thought for a couple seconds. I guess I can tell him, what could possibly happen?

“After my mother died,”I said,”I found a note about my father and I’m going to Iowa to hopefully find him and meet him after nearly twenty-two years.”

“I grew up without my dad,”Taylor said,”And only meet him about a year ago.”

“At least you know who your father is,” I replied,” I’m not even sure if who I’m hopefully meeting is my father.”

“That’s rough kid,” he said,” What are you, twenty one?”

“Twenty three actually,” I said.

“Well sorry,” he said,”I’m not psychic.”

“It's OK,” I said.

“You know what?,” Taylor said,” I like you, in that friendly way or something.”

I had to smile then and he returned it back to me. We didn't get much more time to talk but I did get something from our discussion, he has two kids and preforms in two main bands.

“If I can help you out,”Taylor said,”Mind if give you a ride to your hotel or something?”

“I guess that would be nice,” I replied.

He nodded and I followed him to baggage claim. It only took a few minutes to find our bags and he lead me out to his car. I stared at the esclade and he laughed a little.

“My first wife gave me this as a birthday present,” he said,” I didn't want it but she said I had to take it so, here it is!”

I nodded and threw my bag into the back of the car. We drove off, some metal band spilling from the speakers of the car.

“Alice in Chains?,” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said,” Not my favorite band but not the worst either.”

I nodded as he pulled out his cell phone and flipped it open.

“You got cor,” he said,”No,no Mick, I didn't forget! I'll be there in five minutes.”

He sighed and stuck the phone back in his pocket.

“You mind if I pick up a friend of mine?,” he asked,”I'll go straight to the hotel after.”

I shrugged and he did a u-turn in the road. I stared out the window and just stared. Minutes later, we pulled up to a house. Taylor whipped out his phone and sent a text, minutes later, a tall man walked out and go in the back.

“Mick,this is Luna,” Taylor said,”Luna, Mick.”

“Where the heck did you pick her up?,” he asked, pointing at me.

“Airport,” Taylor said,” She's here for personal reasons and no, I am not doing her.”

Mick's face fell and I did my disgusted face. How can he even think that!?

“Sorry,” Mick said.

“What hotel are you staying in?,”Taylor asked.

“Umm,the Marriott on 19th street,” I said.

Taylor nodded and he and mick talked quietly as we drove to the hotel. We pulled up and Mick helped me with my stuff.

“Call me if you need a tour guide or something,” Taylor said,handing me a piece of paper,” Ever need anything, just call.”

“Alright then,” I said,” Thanks for everything guys.”

“Don't mention it,” Taylor said,” Have a great time in Iowa.”

I nodded and walked inside the hotel.

“Reservations under Johnson?,” I asked the receptionist.

“Luna Johnson?,” she asked.

I nodded and she handed me my room key. I thanked her and went to the elevators and up to the room. I went out on the balcony and looked at the Des Moine skyline, thinking about why I'm here. I decided to check my e-mail and see if I have anything from anyone. My inbox was empty and I sent a couple out to a couple friends back home. I shut down the laptop and got into the bed, wondering what tomorrow would bring for me.

(Meanwhile...)

JOEY'S POV
I received the weirdest e-mail from the record earlier today. Some girl named Luna claims that I'm her father. The e-mail included a few pictures of the girl, her mother and a letter from her mother.

Joey,
I don't know if you even remember me, but my name is Lizzie Johnson. I met you back in nearly 1991 and we did you-know-what. Half a year or so later, my, or our, daughter,Luna was born. I raised her with metal, she's had the music ever since she was a baby. If you look at the attached pictures, she looks like you and she acts like you. The only reason you are even getting this e-mail is because I have passed on and she's on her own now. I'm not saying that you have to care for her or anything, I just want to make sure you know something about her.
Thank you.
-Lizzie


I thought for hours, until I finally decided to show the guys and see what they think. I drove to the studio and waited. Craig sat in a corner and nodded when I walked into the room.

“Hey short stuff,” Jim said.

“Haha,” I said,”That's original, real original.”

“I try dude,” he said,picking up his acoustic.

I just screwed around as more of the guys showed up. As usual, Mick was late and Corey was too. This happened to mick all the time, but Corey? The dude's usually at least half an hour early! Clown called all of us to order and the meeting started. I kinda zoned out for a while and thought about the email I received. Could Luna really be my daughter? Or is this just a scam to gain money or something?

“Joey,” Clown said,” Did you even hear what I said?”

“What?,” I said.

“Dude,”Sid said,”You zoned out, big time!”

“Sorry,” I said,” I just have a lot on my mind.”

“Alright,” Clown said,”Anyway, that's it.”

Everyone parted ways and I sat there for a few more minutes as Paul and Corey came over to me.

“Alright,” Paul said,” Somethings up, spit it out.”

“I just got this email from the record about this girl,” I said.

“Can we see it or something Joe?,” Corey asked.

I nodded, pulled out my phone and opened the e-mail. The guys looked over it, their faces changing from shock to amazement.

“There's pictures too,” I said.

As Corey and Paul looked over the pictures, Corey's eyes got big and he looked right at me.

“Unbelievable!,” he said,” I literally just saw this chick this morning! I dropped her off at her hotel after I got back.”

Paul looked up with a questionable face and I knew I was about to hear it.

“I don't think I really believe this Joe,” Paul said,” She looks like you, but, at the same time, this type of thing can be bad.”

I nodded and Corey looked like he was thinking. He pulled out his cell phone mintes later.

“I'll call her,”he said,” Ask for her to meet us for lunch,would that work?”

“I guess so,” I said,” Might as well meet her or something.”

We waited as the phone rang and I grew more skeptical about the situation. What should I do? Meet her? Or take it farther?

“Hey Luna,” Corey said,” Yeah, it's taylor,wanna meet me and a couple friends for lunch?”

I heard her quiet response and Corey smiled.

“Great,” he said,” we'll pick you up in half an hour, that ok? Alright then, see you later.”

He put his phone away and I probabaly had a look that said well?!?

“Taylor?,” Paul said,” You didn't tell her your whole name?”

“I didn't wanna get attacked by a random fan dude,” Corey said.

“How the hell am I going to do this?,” I asked the two.

“You'll meet her,” Corey said,” we'll tell her who we are and we'll see what happens from there.”

“Thanks dude,” I said,”I have no idea how the hell I would do this myself.”

“I'll go with you guys,” Paul said,”I'll meet you after I pick up Brenna, someone call me and i'll meet you guys where ever.”

“You got it,” Corey said.

I grabbed my jacket and followed corey outside. Driving to the hotel, I wondered what the hell would happen. Is luna my daughter?
Sign up to rate and review this story