Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Run, run, bunny, run!

by xDcee 2 reviews

A little part game taken too seriously.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2010-12-21 - Updated: 2010-12-21 - 1751 words

0Unrated
I straightened the bunny ears and tightened the white fluffy tail around my waist. I already had my make up done and in my opinion, I looked pretty freaking awesome.
I was wearing a long sleeved white top, white skinny jeans and converses, and with my rabbit equipment, it looked great. Although I was already where the party was being held, I still had the need to keep fixing my stuff because, well, I wanted to look good. I know it sounds kind of weird, a twenty four year old dressed as a rabbit, but it was the code of the party; Rabbit and hunter.
You go in pairs to this party, one being the rabbit and the other the hunter, and my hunter was Gerard. I couldn’t wait to see him in his hunting costume.
I left the bathroom of the house I call a mansion and descended the stairs, which looked like something from the Titanic, and back into the real party, mixing in with the rabbits and hunters.
The instrumental band that was there started to play ‘run rabbit’, which to me sounded darn creepy, and to top it off, I got someone whispering in my ear.
“Run rabbit, run rabbit, run run run” I turned around slowly to find Gerard standing there, dressed in his old hunter suit. It was a brown jacket with a cream shirt underneath, tight brown pants, brown shiny boots, a helmet type hat and a gun strapped to his back.
“Hey, you look…” I looked him up and down again. “Good”
“I’m glad you like it” he smiled. But there was something about his smile that gave me a shiver down my spine. “You look very… prey-ish” he laughed.
“Uh, yeah…” I looked around the room nervously. All the rabbits were pretty much talking in groups away from the hunters, as if they would be skinned and cooked by them, while the hunters looked around, pointing at rabbits as if they were choosing which one they wanted to kill.
“Looking forward to the game?” A guy, Ray, asked Gerard. Gerard just smiled and nodded.
“Game?” Gerard just nodded and moved passed me to go talk to other hunters, leaving me on my own again.

Once the music had stopped, the party holder stood up on the small stage where the band had been playing with a microphone, trying to get everyone to be quite and listen to him.
“Okay, now we have everyone here, it’s time for the party game!” He announced excitedly as he grinned. I stared up at the guy, wondering about the game because this is the first time I had been to a party here. “Gathering from all your outfits, it’s obviously going to be a hunting game. Now, I trust you all brought your guns?” the hunters yelled out and cheered as they held up, what I assumed was, fake guns. “Well, rabbits, you have five minutes head start. So, start running!”
“Wait, what?” I turned to a guy next to me. “What are we doing?”
“Running, you better go before the time runs out!” he exclaimed, grabbing my arm and pulling me forward.
“Why? What are we running from?” I asked as I caught up to him. He laughed nervously and looked at me.
“What do you think? The hunters!”
I immediately stopped running and watched as all the rabbits ran passed, hitting and bumping into me as they went. Was this for real? We had to run from costume wearing people with fake guns?
I was pulled away from my thoughts when I heard a gunshot. Like a real gunshot, not a cap gun or a cork gun, a literal gunshot. I turned around quickly to see all the hunters piling out of the mansion doors in search of all the runaway rabbits with a look of hate in their eyes, holding their fingers on the trigger of their guns as they ran around and across the field, towards where some of the rabbits had fled. Out of everyone in their modern day hunting uniform, I noticed Gerard standing near the front door looking around. But stopped when he saw me and started towards me. I sighed in relief, thinking I had someone to explain to me what was happening, but then he pulled his gun of his back and pointed it at me. My eyes went wide and I turned and ran, through the trees and bushes, through the many puddles and the small river passing through, all the while Gerard was hot on my heels. There was a shot and a few leaves and dirt from the ground next to my foot flew up into the air. I jumped behind a tree with my back pressed firmly on the trunk while I tried to listen over my breathing. There was a sigh, then a groan and then the sound of his feet running further and further away. I let my head fall back and rest against the tree, eyes closed and let my breathing slow down and become deeper. Then there was a snap.
My head shot to the side and my eyes opened quickly, looking around at the trees. Then Gerard stepped out from behind one of the trunks, gun raised to his face and ready to fire at me.
“Gerard, what the fuck is going on?” I asked loudly as I shakily pushed myself off the tree trunk.
“Better run, bunny, do you want to die?” He asked, sounding more like a snarl.
“Gerard, it’s me, Frank” I took a step back. His lip twitched as he narrowed his eyes at me. “Gerard?” he cocked the gun and repositioned his finger on the trigger. “Fuck” I whispered before I turned around and started running again.
“Run, run, bunny, run” He yelled as he ran after me. “Run, run, bunny, Run!”
I clawed at the branches and bushes as I ran through, ripping my shirt and cutting my skin when it hooked onto me. I ducked under a thick branch, losing my fake rabbit ears as I did so and jumped at every gun shot behind me. Then suddenly, the dirt and twig covered ground turned into grass and I was in the middle of a clearing, nowhere to hide and nowhere else to run. I turned around and looked at Gerard, tears in my eyes.
“Gerard, what happened?” I asked as I took a step back.
“Nothing happened, my dear Rabbit” He smiled evilly. “But if I want to win, I have to take my rabbit home”
“Can I just walk or something?!” I cried as I let the tears roll down my cheeks, possibly ruining the stupid rabbit make up I wish I had never put on.
“I have to take you home, dead” he clicked his tongue and raised his gun to me again.
“Gerard please! Snap out of it, it’s a game! You don’t have to kill me!” I cried. He just laughed and shook his head, followed by a bang.
I clutched my burning stomach as I fell to my knees and screamed out in pain. I looked up at him through teary eyes to find him walking towards me, determination in his eyes to win.
“W-What did they do to you?” I whispered, taking a sharp breath with the surges of pain I was getting.
He stopped in front of me and pushed me backwards with the end of his gun while he hummed ‘run rabbit’. “You’re not Gerard anymore” I said louder as I brought my knees closer to my chest to minimize the pain. “You’re a fucking animal…” I started to couch violently and choke on liquid in my mouth, which when I spat out, turned out to be blood. Gerard cocked his head as he looked down at me, kneeled down in front of me and ran his fingers through the crimson liquid that was spilling out the corner of my mouth. He looked down at his blood covered fingers and looked back at me wide eyes.
“F-Frank?” he looked at my hands which were still holding my wound and make a weird noise, a cross between a whimper and a sob. “Frank! Oh my god!” he threw the gun aside and took my head in his hands. “What have I done?”
I blinked slowly and looked up at his worried eyes. “You just… took the game too seriously…” I whispered, turning my head the opposite way as more blood seeped out my mouth. “Who knew this would be the first and last one of these parties I’d go to?”
He shook his head. “No, Frank, don’t. You’re not going to die, I… I’m going to to get you to the hospital” He frantically started searching his pockets.
“I won’t make it that far” I gently grabbed the hand that was rested on my chest and held it in my own blood covered one. “Thank you, though” Tears rolled down his pale cheeks as he looked down at me.
“I fucking shot you! Why are you thanking me?” he cried. I just smiled.
“For thinking to take me” I laughed lightly but stopped when it turned into coughing.
“I wish I never did take you! I’m so sorry!” he cried as he leant down and rested his head on my chest. “Please, don’t leave me…”
With all the strength left in my body, I propped myself up on my elbows and kissed his hair softly before whispering close to his ear. “Run, run, bunny, run…”
Weakening, I fell backwards again as I heard sirens through the forest. Gerard stroked my cheek gently and kissed me softly on my forehead.
“I’m sorry” he whispered before he jumped up, grabbed the gun and ran a few steps before he stopped. “We’ll meet again Frank…” and with that final word, I watched him as he ran across the clearing and disappeared into the other side of the forest.
“Run rabbit, run rabbit, run run run…” I sang quietly as my eyes drifted shut. “Run rabbit, run rabbit…” I took one last look at the bright blue sky before I let out my final breath and let myself seep into darkness, the whole clearing and tree’s faded to black. My heart had stopped breathing, my lungs had stopped working and my body was numb. Then there was nothing…
Sign up to rate and review this story