Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Best Things In Life Are Unexpected

Is It Time?

by doyleangel 1 review

Zoe goes to Alex's for movie night, and does some thinking.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-12-21 - Updated: 2010-12-22 - 2038 words

0Unrated


Is It Time?



Zoe sighed as she pulled into her parking space at the apartment complex and cut the engine. She glanced down at her watch and saw that she only had about an hour before she had to be over at Alex's. That didn't leave her much time to get ready, so she grabbed her purse and keys and jumped out of the car. After making sure it was locked, she hurried to her door, unlocking it quickly before rushing inside.



She threw down her keys on the table by the door and hurried to her bathroom, where she quickly stripped and hopped into the shower. She quickly washed her hair and scrubbed down, then jumped out, drying herself off quickly. She wrapped a towel around her hair and her body and went into her bedroom.



She opened the third drawer of her dresser and withdrew her favorite lounge clothes. They were a pair of purple pajama pants that had pink, blue and white stars all over them, and her oversized black tee with a sliver moon on the front. She threw on a pair of underwear and a bra and then put on her pants. She made her way back to the bathroom to dry her hair.



After about 10 minutes, she emerged from the bathroom with not only dry hair, but slightly styled as well. She walked over to her dresser where her make-up was, and contemplated putting any on. After about a minute, she grabbed her charcoal eyeliner and ran a thin line on her upper and lower lids. Satisfied with it, she quickly put on her tee, slipped on a pair of black flip flops and left her room. She grabbed her purse and her keys, leaving the apartment once again.



As she made her to Alex's, she couldn't help but start to feel a little, off, about the night. She didn't know why, but she was slightly nervous about getting to her destination. Well, she knew why, she just, didn't know why that was happening. She had no interest in dating or romance or any of it. She was perfectly content with her life as it was. Things were going great for her. A guy would just screw that up.



Before she knew it she had reached Alex's. She parked her car in the driveway behind Alex's car, which is where she always parked when she came over, and made her way to the door. She rang the doorbell, only to let herself in a second later.



"Hey, is anyone here?"



"ZOE!!!!!"



Zoe turned her head to see Rian running up to her, swooping her up into one of his famous fantastic hugs.



"Hey Ri," she laughed as he pulled away. "You're in a good mood tonight, despite the fact that your girlfriend can't be here."



The drummer shrugged. "That's ok, I get to spend time with you."



Zoe raised an eyebrow. "Uh, Rian, are you drunk?"



He just shook his head. "No, I'm not drunk. We just don't hang out as much as the others. But despite that, I just want to make sure you know I love you and you're one of my best friends."



Zoe felt a little prickle at her eye, and had to blink a couple times to keep it at bay. "Aww, Ri, you're one of mine too." She leaned in and hugged him again.



"Hey, you better not be cheating on my girl or I'll have to open a can of whoop ass on you."



Rian and Zoe turned to see Mandy staring at them, a hand on her hip but a smile on her face.



"But Mandy," Zoe said, playing along. "He's adrummer. Have you seen these arms? How can one resist?"



"Hmm, true, he does have fabulous arms."



"Hey, what about my arms? I play guitar, mine rock too!"



Zoe looked behind Mandy to see Jack standing there, flexing his muscles.



Mandy walked towards him and patted him on the shoulder. 'Yeah, hon, but playing guitar you don't move your arm that much, kinda like when your jerking off, which, let's face it, I do for you a lot anyways, so what exactly would be making your arms buff?"



The look on Jack's face was almost too much to handle. Zoe, Rian and Mandy all broke down laughing while Jack just stood there, opening and closing his mouth like a fish.



"Ah babe, you know I'm just kidding. I love your arms." Mandy pecked him on the lips and walked around him into another room. Zoe made her way over to Jack and threw her arm over his shoulder. "Come on Jacky boy, let's get you a drink."



When they got to the kitchen, Zoe made him a red bull and vodka and handed it to him. She then turned back around to make herself a drink and collided straight into a hard body, sending liquid flying all over her.



"Oh come on!" She looked down at her now soaked tee shirt. Seriously?!" She looked up and saw Andrew standing there with an empty glass and an equally soaked shirt.



"I am so sorry," he said, grabbing some napkins off the counter and starting to dab her shirt.



Zoe was too stunned by the fact that Andrew's hand was dangerously close to her chest to react right away. She was frozen, not only by shock, but by desire. A desire she had denied ever existed and still wasn't ready to admit that it did.



"Um, it's ok Andrew," she said, brushing Andrew's hand away. "I can get it."



She saw Andrew blush as he backed away from her."Yeah, sorry, um...yeah." He turned around and walked out of the kitchen. She sighed and looked down at herself again, throwing the napkins on the counter. They weren't going to do her any good.



"What the heck happened to you?"



Zoe looked up at Alex as he walked into the kitchen.



"There was a little....accident." She sighed and leaned back against the counter. "And now, I'm covered in coke and alcohol and I'm sticky. Plus this is one of my favorite shirts."



Alex just laughed at the small pout her lips formed. "Come on, you can borrow something of mine."



Zoe followed Alex back to his bedroom and spotted Andrew coming out of the guest room, wearing a new outfit. He looked up and caught her eye, but she looked away quickly. She still didn't understand the flash of desire she had felt in the kitchen, but she didn't want to think about. It wasn't anything. Just a reaction to a guy touching her chest.



After she'd changed into the pants and t-shirt Alex had given her, she made her way back out to the living room. She looked around and saw that almost everyone had claimed seats. Mandy and Jack were snuggled on the love seat, Rian was sitting in Alex's recliner and Zach, Tiegan and Chris were all sitting on the floor. The only people missing were Alex, Stephanie and, of course, Andrew.



"And what is this? Why are you wearing my boyfriends' clothes?"



Zoe turned around to see Stephanie standing in the entryway between the living room and kitchen, hand on her hip, joking smirk on her face.



Zoe crossed her arms over her chest, deciding to play along. "What do you mean YOUR boyfriend? These clothes belong to MYboyfriend."



Stephanie looked Zoe up and down, squinting her eyes. "Oh really? Well my boyfriend is the lead singer of his band. That's one of his tour shirts."



Zoe tilted her head to the side, squinting her eyes as well. "But, my boyfriend is the lead singer of his band too."



Stephanie's eyes widened. "Does your boyfriend sing a song about being lost in a stereo?"



Zoe nodded her head, hands flying to her mouth in shock horror. "Yes, he does!"



Just then Alex walked in the living room holding two giant bowls of popcorn, and everyone turned to look at him, His eyes darted between Zoe and Stephanie, both looking like they were ready to kill him. "Um, what?"



The girls just looked at each other, then back at Alex. Then, they both broke out into laughter, unable to contain it any longer. They made their way to the sofa and plopped down on it.



Alex was still staring at them, confusion on his face, when Stephanie patted the seat next to her, silently inviting him to sit down. He handed a bowl of popcorn to the people on the floor before making his way to the long, sectional couch. He sat on the end next to Stephanie and wrapped his arm around her, causing her to instantly snuggle into him.



Zoe glanced over at the couple on the couch, smiling slightly at their cuteness. She glanced around the room at everyone else taking in the various ways people were spread out. Mandy was laying on the loveseat, her legs on Jack's lap, while he was absent mindedly running his hand up and down her right leg. Zach, Tiegan and Chris were joking around on the floor, Zach sitting in between the two, his arms wrapped around both, telling them there was "plenty to go around."



Speaking of Chris, she thought as her eyes darted around the room. Where was Andrew? And, where was he going to sit?



Suddenly he appeared, as if he had emerged from her thoughts, holding a beer and glancing around the living room, his gaze landing on the empty spot next to Zoe more than once. However, he didn't go to sit there. He moved towards the three bodies on the floor, intent to sit down with them, when he was stopped by Stephanie.



"Andrew, you don't have to sit on the floor. There's plenty of room here on the couch. Right next to Zoe."



Zoe sucked in her breath, trying really hard not to turn and hit Stephanie as hard as she could. What was she doing??



"Um, sure, ok. If you don't mind Zoe."



She forced herself to smile. "Why would I mind?"



He nodded slightly and sat down next to her, remaining stiff and she could tell he wasn't comfortable. Which wasn't fair and she knew it. No matter what she was feeling, which wasn't anything, he didn't do anything wrong.



She turned toward him and crossed one leg over the other. "You can sit here on one condition."



He cocked an eyebrow at her. "And that would be?"



She smiled to let him know he could relax. "That drink stays in its container."



He laughed and she saw him relax, leaning back into the couch some more. "I think I can handle that."



"Good. Because I don't know how Alex would react to you ruining his 'favorite' band shirt."



"Not good," Alex answered eyes on Andrew, "not good at all."



Zoe and Andrew just laughed and turned their attention towards the TV as the first movie came on. She leaned back into the couch some more, shifting her body, her arm brushing Andrew's slightly, sending a delightful chill through her body. She sneaked a glance at him and noticed how his hair fell in his eyes slightly, how his face was slightly chiseled, how his lips looked totally kissable.



Yes kissable. She turned her attention back to the TV, but her mind wasn't on the movie. Andrew was a friend of so many of her friends, of people she trusted. More than one had told her that he was a good guy. Maybe it was time for her to take a chance. The question remained however, was she ready?







Hey everyone!! I am SSSSOOO incredibly sorry for the delay in the update. I really have no excuse except that I just had horrible writers block, and the lack of motivation. I am going to try to update a lot sooner, and you're comments/rates/reviews will spur me on, so please do so J



If you want to see Zoe's outfit, go here: http://www.polyvore.com/zoes_pjs/set?id=25136733





I won't update before Christmas, and probably not before the New Year, so Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Sign up to rate and review this story