Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Unchained Melody

Unchained Melody

by StopThePress 4 reviews

My Grandmother was the one who told me, that I had the eyes. I could see and talk to the dead. But she left out a few, prominent details...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2010-12-21 - Updated: 2011-01-08 - 1349 words

1Exciting
Okay, so I'm erasing Lover's End for right now. It'll be back when I'm ready to write it and finish it again. I just lost the feel for it. I started writing it first in the beginning of my Sophomore year in high school, now I'm in my Freshman year of college. Needless to say, I lost taste for it. So, that only gives me the chance to come up with a new premise for a new story. I was watching Stir of Echoes and I thought this would be a great idea to take that story and change it up. Put some My Chem guys in it and VOILA! Unchained Melody. This story is not set in real-time. It includes three members of My Chem but does not deal with the band, in general. For instance, Gerard Way is not a lead singer of a band in this story. You'll probably hate me for it but I find that it becomes quite stagnate keeping them in their element.

I hope you guys enjoy it!

○○○ STP ○○○




I was 7 when I saw my first ghost. Eight, when I saw my first apparition. You could say I was a normal kid; very curious, adventurous and questioning everything.

But I knew different.

I remember being seven and visiting my Grandmother who lived down the street from our house. She was such a beautiful person. Creative and never afraid to explore different artistic outlets. She was a wonder. She could paint, sculpt, play piano, cook. She loved all types of music and was never afraid to teach her many talents and abilities. She was one of a kind.

I remember being the same age and venturing around her house. My parents had been chatting with her. Holding my youngest brother Mikey, who was four, trying to keep an eye on him. There was a room in the attic my Grandmother told me to never open. She never said what exactly this room withheld but she made it certain to never go inside. Me, being of that age and curious to know what would be in there. I watched them in the living room as they were chatting about something that they saw on television, when Mikey slipped out of my mother's grasp and began to run. They all laughed as my mother ran after him and caught him by the waist. He sat on her lap, squirming and inching himself off, just to do it again.

While everyone was caught in the frenzy of my little brother trying to escape the inevitably strong Donna Way, I made my way to the kitchen and up the back stairwell. Slowly I crept up each step, feeling the anxiety grow in my stomach. My clammy hands held onto the rail gently, not to make a squeak. Finally, I made it up there. I walked down the hall and made sure no one had been in the rooms. I heard the floorboards squeak under the carpet. This was an old house.

I made it down the hall. I looked up to the huge door in front of me. It was the same size of every other door in the house, but it seemed so much larger, and scarier. Without hesitation, I grabbed for the nob and turned it slowly. It was open, to my surprise. My breathing shuttered as I saw the thick, wooden stairs leading to darkness. I was terrified at this point. I didn't know why I continued on this path. I guess it was to prove to myself, that ghost didn't exist.

My left foot lie on the first step. I hadn't yet decided whether to go up or not. I was certain I would get in deep shit if I were caught up there, but I was more scared of what I might find.

Both feet were on the second step as I felt the wall for a light switch. I found nothing. I bit my lip, slowly closing the door behind me. I knew it was a bad idea but if they went looking to see where I had gone and saw the attic door closed, they wouldn't think I was up there. But it sure as hell was dark. And cold.

The chill ran up my arms leaving a trail of small, erect goosebumps. It smelled of old perfume and dry-wall. At the top of the staircase was a chain that hung down. I slowly pulled it. A dim light illuminated the room. Even though I was no longer in darkness, it was still very frightening. I could feel a presence of someone or something else in the room with me. I brushed the feeling off as soon as I saw all of the things that were in the room. Boxes and wooden chests sat all over the floor with cobwebs coating them. The floor creaked under me as I took every step. All the way at the back of the room, in front of the window, was a large white mirror fogged with dust. A stool that matched sat in front of it. Prone, as if it was used just days ago.

I grabbed a torn piece of cloth from one of the chests and dusted the stool. I sat down in front of the mirror dusting it with the same piece of cloth. My eyes pulled attention to the dusty sides, when in my peripheral, I saw a woman. I dropped the cloth as my eyes widened in the sight of horror. I was too afraid to gasp when I pushed myself from on top of the stool. I ran down the stairs and opened the door. I saw a pair of familiar feet standing there. She had her hands on her hip and she shook her head in a disagreeing manner. I was still very out of breath when she grabbed me by the arm, locked the door, and took me to her bedroom. I hadn't been punished by my Grandmother, ever, so I didn't know what to expect.

"Gerard Arthur Way!" She hissed. I knew i was in deep shit when she referred to me with my full name. "I told you not to go up there. Not to!" I stood there with my mouth gaped open and my eyes wide enough for them to pop out of their sockets. She shook her head. "What did you see?" My throat cracked allowing me the ability to speak again.

"A lady." I spoke hastily. She shakes her head yet, again.

"I knew it. It must skip generations." I looked at her completely confused. She took my plump, boyish face in her hands and tilted it up. "Gerard, you have the eyes..." She spoke in a whisper. I didn't know what she meant at first.

"Wh-What does that mean, Grandma?" Her soft hands shook slightly as she rested them on my shoulders.

"It means you're clairvoyant. You can see and talk to them."

"Who, Grandma?"

"Ghosts." She said quickly. Her eyes popped up to signal that my parents had entered the room. I turned around seeing my mother hold Mikey on her waist as he ached to get down and run a muck around the house. My father stood in the doorway with his hands around my mother's waist.

"Is he okay?" My mother came over, grabbing my hand.

"He'll be fine." My Grandmother smiled. I smiled back at her. We left the room with her trailing behind us. I looked back at her and she winked at me. I smiled and winked back.


It was that day that changed my life forever. My Grandmother told me that I would be able to see and communicate with ghosts. But there was one thing she didn't tell me. One thing that I would have liked to have known. In fact, the most important thing about being clairvoyant. She never told me that I could sense when people were going to die.

Maybe she left that part out by accident.

Tell me what you think. Keep? Or Trash? Review, please&thanks ♥
Sign up to rate and review this story