Categories > Books > L.J. Smith

Gone Away

by iFreak_YouOut 1 review

Kay so this is a Vampire Diaries story,(based off the books)but that wasn't a choice. So, anyway, Post-second book. Katherine really is dead and gone, and Damon misses her. So what's he going to do...

Category: L.J. Smith - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2010-12-24 - Updated: 2010-12-24 - 1250 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: So today I was like I totally want to do a Damon songfic. As I racked my brain I found this song and was like ‘sooooo prefect’. And now that I think about it Damon seems a little (Okay, alot) OOC, but meh. 'Kay so I haven't read over it or checked, and I wrote it forever ago, but hey I wanted to post my first story. (And I'm totally nervous about posting it but, hey, whatever. Doing it anyway.)
The story-ish thingy, or whatever it is, starts off sorta in flash back mode. The whole story, takes place before the second book. And Katherine, she really is dead.(Oh, cue the mysterious music!)
The song is Gone Away by The Offspring. (It’s a REALLY good song, and if you haven’t heard it, LISTEN TO IT!)
Enjoy.
Maybe in another life
I could find you there
pulled away before your time
I can’t deal it’s so unfair
He stared at the ashes in disbelief. Her note lay, discarded, on the ground. Katherine, his Katherine, beautiful, sweet, Katherine, gone. Ripped from his hands. The first girl he ever loved, the girl who showed him, he was in fact capable of love.
Coming out of his thoughts, he stared in distaste at the white dress. The wind blowing the edges around. It was classic Katherine.
He looked over at Stefan (I pronounce it Ste-fon, not Ste-fin like the stupid TV show! :p) It was all his fault, Stefan. If he hadn’t of gotten in Damon’s way then none of this would have happened.
Grabbing his sword from his waist band, he lunged at his traitorous little brother. After all Damon was the older brother, inclining that he always got his way.
Stefan looked shocked but only for a moment. He pulled his sword from his halter. Damon himself liked to be more subtle with his weapon. That way people never really knew of the true danger he brought.
The two went at it for quite awhile. Blocking, with the occasional jab. Nothing too serious, nothing too fatal. There was not enough of Stefan’s blood being spilt for his liking.
Damon went for the neck, but Stefan blocked. Only slightly late, resulting in the tip of Damon’s sword to cut Stefan, leaving a small line. The line was gushing out a considerable amount of blood considering its size.
(Father’s POV. Well kind of ish)
Their father came out, wondering what all the ruckus was about. Panicking, realizing what was going on he started to shout at them. He could tell this was not one of their normal sibling revelry fights, nor were they practicing. They where out for blood. And they were going to get it.
(Back to Damon’s POV)
Sure Stefan put up a good fight, but he was weak. And he wasn’t a killer. Damon had the advantage, being as he had neither problem. He could hear their father shouting, but really it was just background noise. Damon was focused, and nothing would break his concentration. His father was saying something about ‘Spare him. Spare the boy. Save my Stefan!’ He always knew Stefan was the favorite. Daddy’s little boy. No matter how old Stefan world become he would always be his father’s little boy. And that only made Damon want to kill him even more. His father never cared about him.
Damon thrust his sword into Stefan’s heart. Receiving a very satisfying blood curling scream. He pulled the blade from Stefan’s chest. Untucking his shirt, he wiped the blood of his sword. He admired it, as it glistened in the sun. Which, was why he never saw it coming.
As he lie dying Stefan picked up his sword and stabbed Damon. The blade went all the way through his stomach, and out his lower back.
And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven’s so far away
And it feels
Yeah it feels like
The world has grown cold
Now that you’ve gone away
He hoped she was happy in Heaven. He knew that’s where she was, even if she was a vampire. It wasn’t like she had been given a choice. Surely God would not punish her. Damon wasn’t so sure if there even was a God. Not any more. Not after the things that he had seen, the things that he had done. But there had to be, for all the good people, the people like Katherine. He knew if she was in Heaven he would not be joining her, ever. He would be going down, way down.
The world was an awful place. He had seen that. There were so many terrible people and things. Everything was cold, to him. Or maybe it was him. Maybe he was just cold. He had blocked off his heart so no one could touch it, so no one could damage it.
Everything was just a game to him. Life was a game. The Game of Life. The ones who died, they were just the losers. And the ones that make it all the way to the top, well they’re the winners.
Leaving flowers on your grave
Show that I still care
But black roses and hail Mary’s
Can’t bring back what’s taken from me
I reach to the sky
And call out your name
And if I could trade
I would
Today was the date of her death. Some 5oo years ago. He walked to the grave cite. Near the back covered in a layer of snow, he found her. The marker was in the shape of a cross, ironically (One of those swirly old fashioned ones).
Damon dusted off the snow, and placed atop, a single black rose. He leaned against the stoned and slid down until he was sitting on the snow. He turned his head to the side, leaning his forehead against the marker.
Taking a deep breathe he began, “Katherine.” He gathered up his thoughts, though they still seemed garbled. “I miss you. Everyday now. It never gets better. The shrinks say I’m insane. I’ve stopped going to them, now. Stopped Stefan from dragging me there. ‘Oh, it’s good for you!’ rubbish! Stefan’s got a new chick. We’ll see how long she last, until she sees the madness within. She lovely, quite like you. Only, a bit more ill-tempered, and well, pigheaded, is the word I suppose. I would give anything to burn in hell if I knew you where still breathing.” He told her, his thoughts bounce back and forth, changing rapidly.
And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven’s so far away
And it stings
Yeah it stings now
The world is so cold
Now that you’ve gone away
He got up, bushed the tears off, and composed himself. He walked away. Until tomorrow, he thought to Katherine.
A/N: hope you liked it. It’s my first attempt at Vampire Diaries. I hope I didn’t put it to shame. ducks “Please, don’t hurt me L. J. Smith!”
ME: Review!
DAMON: OR I’ll haunt you! Says in ‘scary’ voice
ME: That’s not necessarily a bad thing.
DAMON: Whatever review, it would make her happy.
ME: It would, so do so! :D Oh and one thing you'll learn about me is that I love song-fics. So, I dunno... Adorable!
Sign up to rate and review this story