Categories > Anime/Manga > Viewfinder > Never Never Land

Prologue

by Salmon 0 reviews

On the way back from Yuri's funeral, Mikhail meets someone unexpected.

Category: Viewfinder - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2010-03-28 - Updated: 2011-03-13 - 819 words

1Ambiance
Never Never Land Prologue
A Viewfinder Fanfic



The funeral was over. Mikhail felt relieved as he climbed into the back of his limousine. Since there had been no body, the funeral had actually been repeatedly delayed for nearly two months. Now it was finally over with. Yuri was officially dead and buried. There had been a time, years in the past, when he would have sworn that on this day he'd feel some sort of triumph. A glow of perverse pleasure that the man was dead. While he certainly didn't mourn the loss of his uncle, he found he really didn't take any pleasure in it either. He was simply relieved that it was over and done with and he could turn his mind to other matters.

Yuri's death had left a vacancy in his organization. That would have to be tended to. Unfortunately, no one came immediately to mind that could easily fill his spot. Regardless of the issues and hairpin temper that had led to his demise at the hands of Asami Ryuichi, Yuri had been skilled. Replacing him wouldn't be easy.

It was rather pathetic that the only thing he could think of to turn his mind to still involved Yuri in some way. But the truth was nothing of greater interest was going on. Asami had whisked his boytoy back to Japan. Feilong was back in Hong Kong cleaning up his organization. He was having to insert new moles in carefully, and it would be months - if not years - before they'd be of any use in making another attempt at the deed to the casino. Which really left nothing much for him to do.

Mikhail was bored. Painfully bored. He cursed softly in russian as he loosened the black tie and pulled it off to toss aside. While black was traditional for a funeral, he still found the color unappealing. He'd loosened the top couple buttons of the white dress shirt he was wearing when the driver of the limousine slammed on the brakes.

Though he was thrown from his position , he was still on his feet and out the door before the driver was. His bodyguard was looking at something in front of the limo, and he stepped forward to see what it was. The crumpled form of a man was lying face down on the street in front of the vehicle.

"He just came running out." The driver said.

Mikhail frowned as he studied the man. His wounds weren't consistent from being hit by the limousine. In fact they looked as if he'd been in some sort of fight. As if on cue, he heard footsteps, and turned to look behind him. Two men stood at the edge of an alley, watching them as bystanders began to gather. Even at this distance he could tell one was concealing a gun in his hand. His lips curled in amusement.

"Put him in the car. Tell the crowd he passed out."

The driver and bodyguard didn't even blink at the request. What exactly it meant that neither protested was up to interpretation. Possibly that they were good at following orders, but more likely that they were used to him giving off-the-wall orders they couldn't begin to understand.

He climbed back into the limousine, and the door was closed behind him and his surprise guest. He watched the men in the alley from the darkened windows. They only spoke a few words to eachother before disappearing back up the alleyway. He chuckled. Now this could prove amusing.

As the car got underway, he turned his attention to the man stretched out on the limousine seat. Reaching out to brush tangled hair from his face out of curiosity, his hand stilled in shock. "Huang..."

To Be Continued...

This is my first Viewfinder fic. And it may prove to be my most unpopular fic ever. nods For starters, since it's taking place in Macau, neither Asami or Akihito will be in it. (Feilong will be later though, but that's alot later.) There's tons of OCs, which is something I usually strive to avoid, but it's kind of hard to when writing about a character who's only named side characters were killed before this fic begins. LOL

I don't know why my muse decided to latch onto Mikhail, but she did. She's giving him a romance - that's not Feilong, because I just can't get into that pairing no matter how hard I try. Not only that but Mikhail will be the Uke, which seems to go against everyone else's writing that I've found so far.

Still, if you've ever read any of my fics before - especially my Lovemode's, please give it a chance. Cuz you know that I tend to write my Ukes pretty damn strong. And I think you'll really like the plotline - and Huang - if you give them a shot.

Salmon
Sign up to rate and review this story