Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > All You Need Is Love

I've Just Seen A Face

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

A fanfication set to Beatle songs! It's about a girl and her love for a boy but things don't always go the way that you would like.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2010-12-28 - Updated: 2010-12-29 - 1383 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Beatle Songs nor any members of Panic! at the Disco or JVKV. I do own Alyssa and the plot. Enjoy!
*
I’ve Just Seen a Face
I've just seen a face
I can't forget the time or place
Where we just meet
She's just the girl for me
And want all the world to see
We've met, mmm-mmm-mmm-m'mmm-mmm


I nudge my band mate and friend, Jon. “Who’s that chick?” I asked him referring to the short brunette in the room. “Alyssa, “He answered giving me a weird look. Alyssa. That’s a pretty name. We were all sitting around Ryan’s house trying to decide what to do. Jon left me at that moment to greet his girlfriend, Kayla. Then proceeded to come back over to the couch, Alyssa followed. She was wearing a gray tank with stars, jean Capri’s and navy blue flip flops. “Lyssa!” I heard a squeal from behind and Amanda, Ryan’s girlfriend practically mauled her. “I’ve missed you.” Alyssa then turned around to hug her friend. “I’ve missed you too.” “When did you’re plane get in?” Plane? She’s not from the area, is that why I’ve never seen her face before? “While you were at class, I convinced Spence and Kay to come get me so we could surprise you. Surprise!” Everyone laughed. But I couldn’t recall why she knew everyone.

Had it been another day
I might have looked the other way
And I'd have never been aware
But as it is I'll dream of her
Tonight, di-di-di-di'n'di


“Hey Brendon!” She came over toward me. Ok, she knew me? Why couldn’t I remember her face? It’s too pretty to forget. “Earth to Brendon!” Spencer called. “I don’t think he remembers me.” She shrugged. “Was expecting this.” “Aww Lys, he’ll come around. No one can forget you!” Amanda commented. “It’s only been about a year and half or so.” Ryan mentioned. A year and half since what? I thought. I tried to put a timeline in my head. I graduated 2 yrs ago, the band became famous around that time too, I was dating this girl named Amber, who was a bad decision, the girls moved out here for schooling. One shortly left…wait!

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again


“Alyssa as in the chick who liked me but I thought you were weird and who left for Taiwan?” she stared at me blankly. “You thought I was weird?” I half laughed and scratched my back not making eye contact with anyone. To be honest I had a major crush on this girl. She had the same interests as me. But she’s changed so much. Lost a good amount of weight, her hair grew longer with bangs framing her face. She looked more gorgeous than I last remember. “So what do you want to do?” Amanda asked her. She glanced at me. What did she have in mind? “I’ve missed this town. Let’s go out tonight!” Lys replied. “Sounds like a plan!” concluded Kayla.

I have never known
The like of this, I've been alone
And I have missed things
And kept out of sight
But other girls were never quite
Like this, da-da-n'da-da'n'da


Soon the people dwindled away, mostly the girls getting ready for tonight, except for Lys. She stayed behind. And I found us sitting on the couch together. “You really didn’t recognize me?” she turned to me. “No, sorry about that,” she smiled at me. “That’s ok.” And she patted my hand which rested on my knee. I blushed but I don’t think she noticed. “So what have you been up to while I’ve been gone?” “Oh, just touring with the band and writing a new album.” She laughed. “I know what the band did, I’m talking about you.” “Oh,” I chuckled. “Well I’ve been writing some songs. Basically devoted my life the band, oh my sister had a baby.” “Aww, boy or girl?” “Girl named Chloe.” “That’s cute!” “She’s a doll. How was Taiwan?” “Tai Bang Le!” she exclaimed. “English?” “Oh sorry, it’ means great.” We ended talking until she excused herself to get ready. Boy, I didn’t realize how much I missed her.

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again


“Ken couldn’t make it?” I heard Kayla ask Lys in the car ride. Jon was driving. Kayla sat in the front while Spence, Lys, and I were squished in the back. Amanda and Ryan were meeting us at the club. "Well..." she trailed off. I wonder who is Ken. A boyfriend? "We're sorta taking a break with me living back in the states now-" So he's a thing of the past. "-we didn't know when we'd be able to see each other again. But he wants to tour over here so he's trying to convince management to let them." He's famous of some sort. "Tour?" I asked her. "Yes, he's a singer in a Taiwanese pop band called JVKV but formally known as F4." Ah a fellow artist. "Any good?" Without replying she rummaged through her purse and took out her iPod. She handed me the earplugs while she scrolled to find a song. They didn't sound half bad. That is if I could understand them. I laughed. "What's so funny?" "I can't understand them." "Course not silly, it's in Chinese." and she laughed, but I’m pretty sure it was at me.

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again


Upon arrival we noticed that a lot of commotion was going on. Seemed Amanda and Ryan were spotted by the paparazzi. Oh boy. They’ll have a field day with us! "You ready to handle the press?" "They are a piece of cake." she smiled at me before following Spence out the door. Since when did she get to be so experience with them? Oh I guess this Ken person had a lot to do with it. I walked around the car just in time to see Spencer offer his arm to Lys. Great! I get to look like the loser without a girl. How peachy? The camera lights were blinding. I stumbled into the club because my eyes couldn't focus; they were seeing spots. Lys wasted no time getting out on the dance floor. And soon was accompanied by a few admirers. She kept glancing to the bar in my direction.

I've just seen a face
I can't forget the time or place
Where we just meet
She's just the girl for me
And want all the world to see
We've met, mmm-mmm-mmm-da-da-da


"Hey" "Hey yourself." We greeted each other when she sat next to me at the bar. "Having fun?" "A blast! You should come join me on the dance floor." "After a few more drinks." Was the reply and she laughed at that. "Fair enough." "Would you like one?" "Sure." She paused. Then I asked her, "What would you like?" "Oh I don't know you don't have the same stuff as they do in Taiwan." I ordered her a Sex on the Beach. "Why Taiwan?" She shrugged. "It always fascinated me. I love the language, the culture and the atmosphere. It's truly wonderful." I nodded. "So what happened between you and Ken?" She didn't answer right away. Took a sip from her drink. "He was a great guy. I even thought it was love. A couple weeks before I left he proposed." I nearly choked on my drink. "How long were you seeing him?" "Oh, a little over a year at that point." I felt relieved that she waited that long. "But it didn't feel right to me. We agreed that whatever happened, happened." she finished her story along with the drink. "Well why did you tell him no?" She looked me in the eyes and said, "I turned him down because of you."

Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again
Falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again
Oh, falling, yes I am falling
And she keeps calling
Me back again
Sign up to rate and review this story