Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X-2

The True Guardian

by Shiva 2 reviews

Yuna's missing Tidus, and there's only one who can really cheer her up...

Category: Final Fantasy X-2 - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Yuna, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-05-14 - Updated: 2006-05-14 - 780 words - Complete

1Moving
I'm working under the pretext that Tidus didn't come back...wishful thinking, haha.)

Yuna sat alone on Besaid beach, her hands wrapped around her bent knees, staring at the blue sea. She liked to sit this way, curled up; she felt like she was in someone's embrace, a certain someone she knew that she had lost forever, someone she would have given anything to see again.

She shook her head suddenly, as if silently reproaching herself for being so sentimental. He was gone, forever, and he was never going to return. She quickly released her knees from her hands and stood up, turning her back to the sea. He's gone. He IS NOT coming back, Yuna, stop holding on, she thought.

Those words had become her mantra: he is not coming back. Even after the adventure with the Gullwings, the Youth League, Vegnagun, everything, she still found herself holding on, still felt that piercing jab of pain every time she thought of those words. Standing on the beach with her back to the waves, she felt herself begin to cry.

She turned to the sea. Raising her arms in the air, tears streaming down her face, Yuna screamed, 'Come back! Come back, you stupid, nameless, you stupid...come back! You've left me!' she shouted, 'Left me here, in this Spira, this perfect Spira, I should be happy but I can't, not without you here! Why do I miss you?! Why do I still care?! You were nothing to everyone but a dream, but my perfect dream, you...everyone loves me, but the only person I love is YOU! Do you understand that?! Do you know what that means?! I saved Spira, I made it safe, so now people can love but I can't! I can't, because you're not here! You left me, you disappeared, and I thought Shuyin was you...' she calmed down, letting her arms fall to her sides, losing the energy given to her by her momentary rage. Overcome by her tears she fell down into the sand, her head in her hands, her eyes burning with the pain of losing the only love she had ever known. 'Please come back,' she sobbed softly, 'Please come back, please come back, please.'

'Yuna.'

Yuna sat up to the calming voice of Kimahri. 'Kimahri,' she smiled. The big Ronso walked over to Yuna's drained frame, and picked her up with a loving delicacy.
'Boy not return, ever,' he said, 'But that not mean Yuna alone. Yuna can love, but needs time.'
Yuna looked into the eyes of the Ronso, her protector from childhood, and thought about his words as she wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzled her face into his neck. He began the long walk to Besaid village with Yuna still crying silently in his arms.
'Kimahri,' she began, 'Have you ever been in love?'
The Ronso grunted. 'Ronso not love like you.'
'But you understand what we feel?'
'You find one other and love them. You need them to be with you. Yuna need boy, but boy is gone, so Yuna very sad.'
'Not quite.You don't understand,' Yuna said.
'Hmph. You walk now,' Kimahri said, putting Yuna down and walking off.
'Kimahri! Kimahri, come back!' Yuna said, chasing him and giggling against her own will. 'I didn't mean it badly. You're just different, that's all.'
'Different, but Ronso not stupid,' he replied.
'I didn't say that you were stupid!'
'You did.'
'Didn't,' Yuna said, smiling and teasing.
'Yuna did.'
'Yuna didn't.'
'Yuna be quiet now,' he said, picking her up and slinging her over his shoulder.
'Kimahri, Kimahri, no,' she said, laughing uncontrollably, 'Put me down!'
'Only if Yuna take back calling Kimahri stupid.'
'You're not stupid, of course not, you big lump, just put me down!' she laughed.
'Hmph. Kimahri not lump, Yuna not walk.'
'Kimahri!' she laughed.

When the two reached the village, Yuna had been returned to her feet, but was still smiling. She ran past Lulu and into the temple with a happy, 'Hi!'. Lulu turned to the Ronso.
'Did you find her at the beach again?' she asked.
'Yes. Yuna crying. She soon realise that only time she needs.'
'I hope so. You can't keep cheering her up every day for the rest of your life. Thank you, Kimahri.'

The Ronso walked off without another word, and sat on the temple steps. Some children ran past with a bliztball, and all he could think was that Yuna was superior to all of these other humans, and that he'd always care more for her than he would for his title of Ronso Master, and more than he would for life itself.
Sign up to rate and review this story