Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam SEED > I'm Not Afraid of those Scary Clowns!

The Crappy Romantic Chick Flick

by Morbid333 0 reviews

Kira and Lacus go to see their movie

Category: Gundam SEED - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror,Humor - Characters: Cagalli Yula Athha - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-01-07 - Updated: 2011-01-08 - 3526 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don’t own Gundam Seed

X

Sucking in a lungful of air, the girl held it in, as if for courage, for an unknown length of time. She didn’t count the seconds. Right now, she didn’t trust her sense of time. It took all she had just to sit strait in her own void without falling. She clutched the large cylinder between her hands, its icy coldness the only thing keeping her grounded, the only thing telling her for sure that this wasn’t some kind of dream. She was actually here. This was it.

She opened her eyes and let out her breath as one would smoke, except the gas of which she breathed was unfiltered and tainted only with the smell of hot butter and salt. As she watched people walking past, her lips moved down to the straw pointing up at her and she sucked a small amount of the liquid into her mouth, creating a vacuum for which the sweet drink to travel up to her waiting and gracious tongue, healing her dry mouth and curing her of such an affliction…

Then she was struck with another one. As she swallowed, she suddenly realized what she had done, without permission no less. She hadn’t been granted the authority to drink. She hoped this wouldn’t anger him… although on the grand scheme of things, she had taken such a small amount. He was unlikely to notice.

Nonetheless, she had done it. It was like stealing, wasn’t it? One didn’t simply sit in another’s house and devour the entirety of said other’s stock in food. Certainly, there were some who did such things, who made such intrusions and violations, but those were not the right sort of people, and Lacus was not like them.

It was refreshing though, wasn’t it? And sweet, just what she’d needed, however she now had a nasty aftertaste lingering in her mouth. Since she’d already partaken in such feats, was it truly such a big deal? She’d had a taste of sugar. It was only natural for her tongue to crave another.

She lowered her head a second time, parting her lips ever so slightly and pressing them against the tip of the straw once more. She closed her eyes, and once more, drank.

Slowly, she drew the liquid to her, like the sweet nectar of a flower in summer. It came to her in one long, slow moving stream.

“Lacus?” The girls’ eyes snapped open in horror, in fear. Her heart twanged with guilt. She’d been caught in the act, like a babysitter doing unmentionable things before a child just as his or her parents walk in the door.

Wordlessly, soundlessly, with an open throat, Lacus swallowed the sweet sparkling liquid she had lured into her mouth and felt it slide down her throat. She removed her lips from the straw and allowed gravity to pull the dark liquid back down into the cup, undermining all of her lethargic effort.

“Um, I’m sorry,” she awkwardly squeaked, blushing madly.

“Is that my drink,” Kira asked her as he approached.

“Um, yes… it is,” the girl answered, feeling her face growing warmer by the second. It was surely richer in color than her hair right now; and of a similar hue no doubt. “I supersized so we could share,” she quickly added as if in her own defense. “You don’t mind, do you?”

“Not at all,” Kira replied. I wonder why she’s so embarrassed, the brunet thought to himself. Is it because I caught her drinking? But I’ve seen her eat and drink before. Perhaps she thought I would be unwilling to share. “Did you get anything for yourself?”

“No… I guess I should’ve.”

“Do you want anything? I can go back if you like.”

“No, or maybe…”

“What is it?”

“Now you have to share with me. I should’ve asked first. I’m sorry.”

“No, I don’t mind. Actually, I think it’s a good idea.” Suddenly, Lacus’ face turned up in a grin, smiling partly from relief, but also partly due to the fact that Kira had praised her. For once, her idea was a good one, unlike her choice of movie, which all but Kira had outright refused to see.

The brunet moved closer and sat down beside her. “Listen, Lacus.”

“Kira?”

“We… we need to talk.” Lacus’ eyes widened. Those four words never preceded anything good.

“What is it?”

“I’ve been thinking about this for a while now, and as I was lining up for the tickets, I decided.” Lacus broke eye contact and took instead to staring at the carpet. “Lacus… this really can’t wait. I need to ask you something.” The girl turned her eyes back to Kira. A mixture of hope and dread weighted her. She needed to know what was bothering Kira, but at the same time, she wasn’t sure she would like where or how this conversation would end. It made her anxious. “Please, I need to know. What’s up with you and Cagalli?”

“What?” Lacus was both relieved and troubled by the question. Relieved, because it wasn’t the worst case scenario she didn’t want to brace herself for, but troubled because she knew as much as Kira on the subject.

“The two of you are always fighting lately. I can’t let it go on. I can’t take it. Lacus, I really like you, but Cagalli is my sister.”

“So, you’re taking her side?” Her eyes instantly dropped, as did her spirits.

“I’m not taking sides,” Kira expressed, “I’m just… I want you both to stop this. It’s pointless and is only damaging your friendship. I need the two of you to get along.”

“I wish we could but…”

“No buts. Just find a way. Forge a path and go with it.”

“Is this… an ultimatum?”

“What?” Kira had no idea what the girl was talking about. “Just tell me how all of this started.”

“I wish I could but… I just don’t know. I was as surprised as you were when it all started. I don’t want to bicker with her all the time, but at the same time, I don’t want to let her walk all over me like a doormat. I want to remain with you more than anything, but at the same time, I’m being more and more put off by Cagalli each day.”

“So, you want nothing to do with her?”

“That’s not what I’m saying, but sometimes I wonder if it wouldn’t be easier to just not hang around with her anymore.”

“Lacus, she’s my sister. She’s always going to be around. I can’t just tell her to back off, and everyone else likes her.”

“And they like me less and less. Maybe it’s for the best that I don’t socialize with all of them.”

“You don’t want to hang around with us anymore?”

“I do, but it seems more by the day as if they don’t like me. Cagalli has started a war with me, and everyone has taken her side, everyone except her own brother who has been kind enough to at least remain neutral. I have no social allies in this feud.”

“Then put a stop to it.”

“I can’t! Don’t you see? I don’t even know how it all began!” Lacus looked away, but her attention was soon drawn to someone across the hall.

“You really are stupid, aren’t you?”

What is he doing here, Lacus wondered. Didn’t Shinn go with the others? Why was he there, how long had he been listening in? She hadn’t even noticed him there.

“It’s so obvious that even a child could see what’s going on.”

“What is it,” Kira asked him.

“Cagalli is Jealous. It’s like Lacus is stealing Kira away from her. Back off from Kira, and Cagalli will back off on you. Continue what you’re doing, and she’ll hate you for it.”

“I don’t want to have to choose between Kira and Cagalli,” Lacus indignantly cried.

“And I don’t want to have to choose between you and my sister,” Kira replied.

“So… what should we do?”

“I dunno,” Shinn shrugged, pushing off from the wall he had been leaning on. “You’ll have to work that out for yourselves. I’m going back to Cagalli before she blows a blood vessel waiting for me. She’s got quite a temper, as I’m sure you’ve noticed.”

“Okay, thanks for your help,” Kira acknowledged the tactless boy.

“Wait, there was one other thing.”

“What is it?”

“There are two more joining us for pizza after the movies end. That’s what Athrun sent me over to tell you, but you weren’t here, so I had to wait for you, thanks for that.”

Horrified, Lacus felt compelled to ask the question of which the answer was oh-so obvious, at least, to her it did. “You saw everything?”

“Yeah, I did. Thanks for the show. I really mean it.” Although Shinn’s words stated notions of affirmation, the sarcasm dripping from his tongue begged to differ.

Puzzled, Kira asked, “Who is joining us?”

“One of Cagalli’s friends, and also one of his friends.”

“His?” Lacus didn’t even know Cagalli had friends outside of their little circle.

“This friend,” Kira added, “what’s his name?” He was feeling suspicious about all of this.

“Uh, Rensque, I think that’s what he said.”

“That guy who works here?”

“Yeah, that’s him. I’ll see you guys later.”

“Yeah, thanks,” Kira replied, his eyes narrowing. He waited for Shinn to leave.

Lacus, feeling worried, placed a hand on the brunet’s shoulder. “Kira?”

“Damn,” the boy breathed.

“What is it?”

“I really don’t like that guy.”

“Shinn?”

“No, Rensque.”

“Why not?”

“I… I don’t trust him. He’s kind of strange. He creeps people out.”

“Oh.”

“You know how much I trust Athrun to be alone with Cagalli?”

“Yes.” Kira was very protective of Cagalli. He only barely tolerated Athrun’s playful advances on the girl, and even then, that was only because he was a close and, mostly, trustworthy friend.

“Well, this guy is ten times worse. I’d sooner see her dating Athrun, or even Shinn than this guy.”

“Is it that much of a problem? I mean, they’re just friends.”

“So were we, for the longest time.”

“I don’t know him, but it’s probably nothing to worry about. He probably just wants to come along because we’re all going for pizza.”

“I hope you’re right,” Kira replied, standing and heading over to the usher at the end of the hall.

“Tickets,” the boy asked. He had long greasy black hair that would have nicely framed his face, had it been clean, and his forehead was a wash of oil. Kira handed the ever-important rectangular pieces of paper over to the young man, who tore the ticket buts off the ends, handing them back and directing them to theatre seven. “Enjoy the show,” he creepily replied, offering them a smirk that would have sent shivers down the straightest spine, and summoned Goosebumps to the smoothest of skin on the bravest of men.

“What was with that guy,” Lacus asked as they made their way into the darkened room, reaching once more for Kira’s hand and taking hold of it, the warmth they now shared enough to calm the anxieties that grew inside her.

“I dunno,” Kira replied.

“He… scares me,” Lacus admitted, voice dropping and eyes looking back.

“Rensque is worse. He was operating the ticket counter, no-wonder he managed to sneak his way in on our plans.”

“Kira?”

“He’s a conniving, blackmailing weasel.”

“But that guy’s smile, it really freaked me out. It’s like he knew something, like the man selling admission to a house of horrors or something.”

“Yeah, he’s probably the accomplice on all of this. A conniving weasel and a greasy headed scumbag. They make the perfect team, don’t they? It’s the perfect scam, so long as they make sure to take all the same shifts.”

“So, you’re saying that guy will be one of the one’s joining us?”

“Probably.”

“Great.” Smiling, Kira pulled his hand from the grasp of Lacus’ left arm, and placed it around her right, pulling her closer.

“Don’t worry about it,” he calmed her, reassured her. “We have a movie to watch together.” This time, it was Lacus’ turn to smile.

“You’re right. We should forget everything and just enjoy it.” They made their way to their seats and sat next to another young couple, instantly wishing they hadn’t.

“I didn’t know they’d be here too,” Kira murmured quietly so that only Lacus would hear him.

“Who,” the pink haired girl inquisitively asked, looking over, then instantly widening her eyes. “Yzak?” She asked. The young man in question looked them over with his piercing blue eyes. “I didn’t know you were with Fllay, now.” Fllay, who had been Kira’s previous girlfriend for the duration of one summer, turned to the boy and narrowed her eyes.

“I see you’ve moved on,” she stated contemptuously.

“I see you’ve done the same,” Kira replied nonchalantly. He wasn’t exactly happy to be here with that particular redheaded girl, but he wasn’t going to act bitter towards her either. He wasn’t that petty, and to do so might ruin the occasion for Lacus.

“Yzak, could you go and get me something from the snack bar,” the girl asked, her tone sickly-sweet.

“Why do I have to go? Get it yourself,” Yzak complained.

“Just do it,” the girl hissed.

Conceding, Yzak sighed. “What do you want?”

“Oh, I don’t mind,” Fllay replied sweetly.

“You’d better not send me out to get something else again.”

“Why Yzak, I trust you to get the right thing first time. You know what I like.” With a sigh, Yzak sent one fleeting glare at Kira and Lacus before making his way out to the snack bar.

“He seems… nice,” Kira noted, trying not to appear judgmental. It seemed as though Fllay had simply gone and found Kira’s opposite. Where did you meet him?”

“Our parents are friends, he stopped by to run an errand for his mother. We got to talking and it turns out we had a lot in common. We were both coming out of break-ups.”

“And the two of you got together, and your father’s okay with that? That guy’s older than you, right?”

“Yeah, by a few years, but it’s no big deal. What about you two? It’s pretty obvious how you guys know one-another. I gotta say, Pinky. Going out on dates with your friends? That’s pretty pathetic.”

“We’re more than friends now,” Kira defended.

“That’s my point. She catches you, on the rebound no-doubt. But it’s not going to last, is it? Though you timed it perfectly. I’ve gotta commend you for that, Pinky.”

“Shut up,” Lacus snapped, surprising Kira. “Can’t you see we came here to enjoy ourselves? I’m not like you. I don’t use people the way you do. We genuinely care for one another. I’m here because I want to be, so that Kira and I can enjoy each other’s company. Not because it’s a prerequisite for something else later on.”

“Well that’s all well and good,” Fllay retorted, “but from the outside, it looks as though you’re a leach that attached itself to your friend when he was down. “ Lacus’ eyes widened. “Look me in the eye and tell me neither of you is using nor being used by the other.

Was that true? It was fact that Lacus had once drawn all ayes to her. Granted, it was unwanted attention, but even so, the fact remained that they no-longer stared. Lacus had assumed that it was because she was now taken, and in fact ‘off the market’ as it were. Could the truth really be different? Could it be that they had simply lost all respect for her? Was she just clinging to her friend while he was within her reach? Using him for her own benefit while she could? Is that what they all think of me? Is that what Kira thinks of me? Is that what Cagalli thinks of me? No wonder she’s always trying to get me away from her brother. They protect one another… from people like me. I’m the cause of it all.

“It’s true,” Kira added, speaking to Fllay, “After you and I broke up, Lacus was there for me, more so than anyone else. She comforted me when I was depressed. She sat with me when I was lonely. She was there for me when nobody else was. This is the honest truth: There is nobody I can think of right now, that I’d rather be here with.”

“You really believe that,” Fllay asked.

“Yes, I do.”

“I feel sorry for you then. You can’t even see what she’s doing.”

“Lacus said it herself. She’s here because she wants to be.”

“Yeah,” Fllay snorted. “It really looks that way.” Kira turned to Lacus and found that she was looking at her own feet, into the darkness below the seats. The cup containing the drink he had asked her to get was dented from her fingers griping it so tightly.

“Lacus,” Kira said, his voice full of concern for the pinkette, “what’s wrong?”

“It… it all makes sense,” she replied.

“What does?”

“Cagalli, she doesn’t want me around you. Now I know why. She wants to protect you from me.”

“Is this because of what Fllay said?” Lacus nodded.

“It’s true. I know it is. It has to be… there’s no other explanation.”

“Don’t listen to her,” Kira tried to assure the pinkette. “What Shinn said was more realistic. Cagalli’s just jealous of the amount of time I’ve been spending with you lately. She feels neglected, that’s all. She’ll get over it.”

“But don’t you see? She won’t get over it, not until I promise to stay away from you… we should never have come here, although now I at least know the reason why. I… I should go.”

“You don’t want to see the movie? Would you rather we go somewhere else? We’ve got a couple of hours until the others get out.”

“No, you should stay.”

“Lacus… this movie was your idea, and I’m not leaving you on your own like this.” The pinkette widened her clouded blue eyes. “Do you want to see it, or leave? Either way, you’re not getting rid of me as easily as that.” Lacus cracked a smile.

“Thanks, Kira.”

“Don’t mention it… come on, we’ll find some different seats, away from those two… up there.”

Kira led the girl away, to a selection of seats where they would be alone and could enjoy the movie in peace. As they sat, Kira gently took the large cup from Lacus’ grip and placed it securely in the cup holder between their seats.

“Now we can both enjoy it,” he quietly stated.

“Thank you, Kira,” the girl stated, for this… for staying… for the reassurance… for the faith… for everything. I owe you so much.

“Don’t mention it,” the brunet whispered, placing his arm around the blue eyed girl, who lowered herself slightly in her seat and allowed her head to rest upon Kira’s arm and shoulder, just as the lights began to dim and the opening trailers began to roll.

Lacus and Kira were alone, enjoying a movie. This wasn’t the initial plan, but it would be a lie to say that Lacus hadn’t wanted this on some level. As the film began to roll onto the projection screen and sounds began to blare out of the speakers that surrounded them in the dark room, Lacus felt her body relax, full-well knowing that she was without both ability, and desire to contain the content smile that now spread across her face, illuminating her features in the darkened theatre.

XX

A/N: See what I mean? I was going to have the chapter detail the movie as well, but seeing as its romance, and not horror, I’m not sure what to do. I wouldn’t have entirely detailed and interesting reactions to go on, and I don’t want to actually come up with plots for scenes from two different movies on the spot. Next chapter is the Tasteless Low-budget Horror Film.*]
Sign up to rate and review this story