Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Heart-less

Default Chapter

by Ariss_Tenoh 0 reviews

Leon discovers that his past is not yet dead and that sometimes second chances are given.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Romance - Characters: Cloud,Leon - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-05-15 - Updated: 2008-07-05 - 311 words

0Unrated
For uzumakisama, who asked for a Squall fic. This is crossed with another series^_~
_______________________________


Heart-less
By Ariss Tenoh



The rain fell in an incessant shower around him. The grey clouds made the night darker and the sudden flashes of lightning and roar of thunder suited his mood. It was so quiet in this town, this world in-between worlds. He would find him here, he was sure of it. The faint tug in his chest, where his heart used to be, throbbed painfully.


A fierce smile twisted his features into an animalistic visage.


He caught the whisper of a movement to his left. He stopped, one hand already on the hilt of his sword inside his black trench-coat.


The shadows surrounding him shifted and grew horns.


Ah, the Heartless. It seemed they existed even in this supposedly safe haven for travellers. They crawled in a macabre semblance of walking and shuffled around him, the way an animal would when it meets a stranger in its territory.


He allowed them to sniff all they liked. He knew he was of no interest to them.


Not prey, he could almost hear that thought spread silently between them.


The Heartless were disgusting. Half corporeal bodies, yellow pits for eyes, and twisted horns atop their heads. Unnatural was the word many people used to describe them. Not a clean soothing darkness that was the other face of light, but a perverted simulacrum which devoured souls.


Wryly, he wondered what that made him. He strode across the town square. Little puddles forming and disappearing with each step he took.


From underneath the town's brick roads, between its dark alleys, and from the unlit windows of its buildings, the Heartless stared at the newcomer. Their collective mind, feeble as it was, wondered what this creature sought.


This creature who felt like them, yet was not.




~ To Be Continued ~
Sign up to rate and review this story