Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Flipped Turned Upside Down

The Moment You've Been Waiting For (If You've Been Waiting This Long)

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-01-27 - Updated: 2011-01-28 - 1655 words

1Exciting
A/N: Oh wow…its kinda been forever again, huh? I’m a pretty sporadic person like that…but I really love this story so I’m gonna go ahead and keep writing even if you aren’t reading anymore (although I hope you are) I’ll save you a super long author’s note and just get on with the story…

The Moment You’ve Been Waiting For (If You’ve Been Waiting This Long)

Krissy and I spent the afternoon watching the kids as the boys did some signing and sound check. Luckily, Alison and Collin were perfectly content to play outside.

Tonight was my turn to see the show. I was more than stoked. It had been too long since I had seen the boys play live. After a repeat of the pre-show bus routine from the last show, I said goodbye to the kids and Krissy and followed the boys off the bus.

The guys stayed in the green room while I stood in the wings watching Cobra and TAI play. The band appeared after TAI’s set while the crew was setting the stage.

“Are you ready for this?” Pete asked.

I laughed. “I don’t know, maybe? Is there something I should be watching out for?”

“Not particularly,” Pete replied, “But I can’t make any promises.”

I turned to Patrick and my brother, “Should I be worried?”

Patrick just shrugged with a smile and Evan said, “I don’t knooooowww…”

Now I was nervous. But there wasn’t time for anymore questions, it was time for the show.

“Patty!” Joe said pleadingly, “You have to say it! You always say it!”

“First, don’t call me Patty,” Patrick said sternly, then he relented. “Fine. Gotta go save the world.”

They went on stage. “Does he really say that every show?” I asked my brother.

“Actually, ya, he does,” Evan replied

“What’s up Portsmouth! We’re Fall Out Boy and we like sidewalk chalk.”

I smiled at the reference to that afternoon’s activity as they started to play Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year. I stood next to my brother and sang along to the song.
After the song Pete started talking into the microphone. . “Soooo everybody, we’re so glad you came out tonight and we wouldn’t be here without a special person.” Pete looked toward me and Evan and nodded.

All of the sudden being lifted into the air by someone and being carried onstage.

“Excuse me?!” I said flailing. I got a look at my captor. Dirty. My immediate future did not look too good.

“Ahhh thank you Dirty,” Pete said as we appeared. Dirty carried me over to him and put me down. “This is Lauren. Everyone say hi to Lauren.”

“HIIIIIII LAUREN!!!!!!” The crowd screamed.

I gave a little wave. Pete continued. “Lauren is awesome and she’s keeping all of us in line, even Dirty. And we want to thank her for everything she’s done so far and everything we hope she does in the future. Do you think you guys could help us out?”

There was a cheer from the audience. Patrick spoke into the microphone for the first time that night other than singing, “This is for you Laur.”

Whoa oh oh oh.
Whoa oh oh oh.
A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides,
Or a fortune for your disaster.
And I'm just a painter and I'm drawing a blank.


It was a new song. I liked it. I stood there on stage just listening. By the end of the song I had decided that not only did I like it, I loved it. When the song was finished I said thanks and hugged each of those sweaty gross boys and then I flitted off the stage.

Once back next to Evan, I rounded on him. “YOU KNEW!” he held up his hands defensively. I continued, “You knew they were gonna make me go out on stage. And make me stand there!”

“Maybe…” he started.

“Jerk.” I said haughtily, but secretly I was pleased, but I wasn’t quite sure why…

I just stood next to Evan watching the boys play. “Girl who you starin’ at?” Dirty. Of course.

“No one, just listening.”

Dirty and Evan exchanged a significant look then Dirty scurried on stage for one of Pete’s stunts. Something involving Dirty getting hit with softballs…Anyway. For the second time that night, I looked at my brother accusingly.

“And what was that about?”

“What was what about?”

“That look. The one you gave Dirty. Who do you think I was staring at?”

“Well…” again he didn’t finish his sentence. I gave him a disapproving glare. He tried again, “Maybe Patrick?”

“What?!”

“Just an observation,” Evan replied nonchalantly as he turned his attention back to the antics on stage.

But his statement from earlier had shaken me a bit. Patrick? Really? Then I thought about it some more. To my shock I realized they were right. I hadn’t even noticed, but I had developed a crush on Patrick Stump. Shit.

I heard Evan laughing. I turned to see him looking at me openly laughing at me. “What?” I asked.
“You just put it together in your head. I saw you do it. You look horrified though, and as Patrick’s friend, I have to be offended for him.”

“It isn’t that its Patrick…” I stammered, “It just kinda snuck up on me…”

“Don’t worry baby sister, I won’t tell,” he said winking, “And cheer up. Liking Pat isn’t a bad thing, I mean, it could’ve been Pete.” He laughed again and walked off leaving me there to watch the rest of the set.

As I did, I made a concerted effort to not stare at Patrick, but it seemed my eyes always drifted back to him. This concerned me. I wasn’t quite sure what to do about this newfound crush. I mean, obviously, I liked him, but did he like me back? I felt like I was in junior high all over again. Even if he did like me back, was it really such a good idea? We were essentially living together the whole summer. And he had a lot going on.

I was so deep in thought I didn’t notice that the set was over and the boys were coming off stage. Joe had to say my name several times before I responded.

“Huh?”

“I asked how you liked the show.”

“It was great guys,” I said smiling. “I’ve missed coming to see y’all.”

“We’ve missed you being here.” Andy said, playfully hitting my shoulder. Patrick nodded enthusiastically.

“C’mon,” Pete said, “Gabe said they were having people over again tonight, and I wanna go hang out.”

We gave into Pete’s whining and followed him back to the bus to change.

I don’t know what it was. Maybe it was the excitement of seeing a live show again. Maybe it was the stress caused by my realization earlier that evening. Whatever it was, I went overboard.
I was more than a little drunk. I wasn’t quite blackout drunk, but I was definitely having trouble walking back to the bus. The others weren’t much better. We weaved our way back to the bus hanging on to each other and singing Queen songs at the top of our lungs.

“Ok kids,” Patrick said as we neared our bus. “Time to quiet down. Children are asleep.”

We did a pretty good job, quieting down immediately. We climbed the bus (with some difficulty on my part.) I did not feel as if I should go to my bunk so close to where the kids were sleeping. So I sat (read slumped) on the couch.

Next thing I knew, Patrick was next to me.

“Trickkkk,” I slightly slurred. “Why aren’t you in bed?”

“I’m not tired,” Patrick replied. “I think I had too much tonight.”

“You had like two drinks,” I said. “Compared to my,” I consulted my hand, “seven, that’s nothing.”

“I had more than two,” he answered. “Besides two is more than I usually have anyway.” There was a pause. “Wanna watch a movie?”

“Abso-fuckin-lutely,” I said.
Patrick got up and put in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. “I love this movie,” I said letting my head drop to his shoulder when he sat down next to me.

“Laur?” Patrick’s voice said through the darkness about ten minutes later.

“Yes, Pat-“ I didn’t get to finish. Patrick had pressed his mouth to mine. With a little bit of surprise, I soon found I was kissing him back.

Somehow we had changed position on the couch to where he was lying on top of me. I didn’t mind. Not in the least. Our passionate embrace continued for longer than I can remember. At one point though, I remember him touching the button of my jeans.

I immediately snapped back to reality. Or at least as much back to reality as I could muster at the time.

“Trick.” I said breathlessly, taking his hand from the front of my jeans. “This-now-isn’t quite right.”

Without hesitation, he moved his hand. I continued to kiss him. It wasn’t as if I were a prude. I just knew this isn’t how I wanted THAT to be. Patrick didn’t seem to mind.

At some point we ended our tryst. Each of us as happy as the other.

A/N: so I literally wrote this in two parts. One part a year ago, and the other, like five minutes ago. My roommate inspired me to read/write fanfiction again. I hope there are still people around who read this. If not, I’m gonna keep writing anyway, as much as I can.
Sign up to rate and review this story