Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Murder Me Slowly

(Nearly) Silent Night

by AshTheDeathBat 3 reviews

Gerard comes home from work late, thinking about everything that has happened recently.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-01-29 - Updated: 2011-01-30 - 601 words

2Exciting
I walked through the front door of mine and Hazel’s apartment. The lights were all off. I shut the door quietly and looked at the clock on the VCR.

11:47 pm.

I’d worked from seven in the morning until now. Only taking a fifteen minute break for lunch. This job was taking away from my time with Hazel - and my time spent to protect her - but, it was for the better.

I walked farther into the living area to find Hazel on the couch. The light from the street lamp outside was flooding through the window. She was asleep.

“Sorry I’m late, darling.” I whispered to her as I pulled a blanket off the back of the couch and covered her with it. I kissed her on the forehead. She must have been waiting up for me. I sighed and plopped down in the recliner a few feet away from the couch.

I couldn’t believe we were in this old, worn out apartment in New York City. Maybe I never should have tried to talk to her in the first place. Neither of us would be in this danger and we… well, Hazel anyway would be safe. I couldn’t help myself. She was so pretty and her thoughts had been so interesting. I couldn’t resist wanting her to be mine.

Hazel rolled over on the couch. She mumbled a bit and then became still again.

I looked down at her. Her tiny hand was hanging off the edge of the couch; the promise ring sparkling in the light from the window.

It had taken me so much to save up for that. Four paychecks and a few side jobs. My stupid job was hard enough to live on back in Jersey. This job actually paid better, but it wasn’t much more.

I just wanted her to have something nice from me. I also wanted to be able to get enough money for a nice engagement ring. If we both survived this mess I got us into, that is. It didn’t have to be big or anything. I just wanted it to look nice. I could see myself spending forever with her.

We could sit and talk for hours about our future. She would always ask me to change her into a vampire.

No.

That would always be my answer. I didn’t want to hurt her.

Hazel told me that if we got engaged, it didn’t matter how nice the ring was. All that it had to be was by these two things: It couldn’t turn her finger green; and it had to come from my heart.

My heart hasn’t beat in years.

She’d hit me when I told her that. She told me that I could still feel love, even though my heart doesn’t beat.

“Gerard.”

I looked over at Hazel. Her eyes were still closed.

“Gee…” She mumbled.

“Yes?” I did my best not to laugh out loud so I wouldn’t wake her.

“Don’t…” She then mumbled a few words that I couldn’t make out. “Save… and potatoes.”

“Alright, I won’t.” I grinned at my sleeping Hazel. She nodded, smiled a little bit, and rolled over to face the back of the couch.

I reclined in my chair and closed my eyes. I slipped into a dream about Hazel. It was the first time I had done so in days.

Eh, this isn't my favorite chapter I've ever written (and it's really fucking short), but it will do. :p
Feedback? :D
Sign up to rate and review this story