Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Baby You Can Lay Me Down

by vampiresdontglitter 2 reviews

Well it's the story of the two, always on the move, got nothing left to lose 'cept their guns and their wounds - The modern Bonnie and Clyde on the run, but can they run forever? (one shot.)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-02-09 - Updated: 2011-07-17 - 2271 words - Complete

1Exciting
A/N: Hi there (: Well I don’t know exactly to what to say, just this came to me while I sit here in a half dead state of mind because I’m tired. Plus I was listening to Lay Me Down by Dirty heads ft. Rome of Sublime, so I just went for it, but decided to change it up a bit. This is rather a test sample, so I might mess around with different members, different bands, etc. Set in the Revenge era btw. Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy. Reviews are appreciated as always! Xo Gia
______________________________________________________


"Once again the modern ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ have struck again; leaving 2 security guards in critical condition, one hostage bruised, and one officer killed. The couple managed to rid a trail behind them, but officers are determined to catch them. Reports have been put in the couple is now fleeing over the border to Mexico. If you have any details that can help this case, please call the news station. Criminals are highly dangerous and on the move.”

"Bullshit." Mia chuckled as she looked at the screen where a picture of the infamous Bonnie and Clyde was displayed. She shook her head as she chewed on her lip. It didn't even look like her.

"You hear that babe? We're in Mexico." Frank smirked as she smiled at him.

"We'll have to send some beer as a thanks." she replied as he pulled her in for a kiss as she nodded.

"We need to be careful though. I have a feeling Sparks’ on to us." he told her as she agreed and kissed him once, wrapping her arms around his neck. The routine thing to do when your constantly separated from the real world. A world of chaos and disgrace, a place where you fit right in.

"We're locked and loaded." she whispered at him while he smiled against her.

"They couldn't handle us babe." he replied and moved down to her neck, kissing delicately over her sensitive spot while she bit her lip in response. He smirked as he looked around the dingy hotel room with cracks in certain walls. It wasn't much, but it didn't matter. He stared at the large gym bag full of cash and grinned from ear to ear, like they gave a shit.

Mia counted in her head till she reached exactly 365 days from where it all began. The plan to steal the money, the plan to run. Run wherever they need to go. The hardest part hadn't been so hard after all. The robbing had come naturally after a while, Mia was used to the sudden rush it gave them. A year still going, a year never stopping. Almost caught, but not close enough.

"I miss them." she admitted softly as he leaned back a bit to look at her. Her emerald eyes glittering with a hint of sadness. All of it left behind.

"I know." he nodded. "I do too. One day soon." he replied as Mia hung her head down in silence, knowing that repeated answer meant never. She blinked her eyes a couple times before nodding, accepting it.

"You know you're not too bad as a red head." he averted her gaze as he gave him a smile while his finger twirled around the cherry strands of hair.

"Maybe one day soon.” she mocked him as her hands pulled at the strands, the crimson wig falling to the ground, revealing her true black hair. He grinned once more before picking her up off the couch and over his shoulder as she giggled.

Nothing else mattered.



“I want to be out of here by 5, no later than that. We move with the sunrise.” he told her as she nodded, tangled in his muscular tattooed arms, staring up into nothing.

“Southbound to the next town.” she replied in monotone as she looked up at him as he kissed her.

“I love you.” he whispered quietly.

“I love you too.” she whispered back.

“No matter what, we stick.” he reminded her as she laced her small hand to his large one.

“Forever.”
__

“I could get use to this.” Mia smiled as she looked outward towards the ocean. Clear, blue, glistening, everything she pictured it to be. She took the time to appreciate the first time of having sand wedged between her toes. It felt as if this is where they always belonged.

It was a constant motion, always running, always changing. Mia ran her hand through the red wig once more and sighed, she preferred the blond one better. Despite the name changing, the constant moving, Mia was content with the lifestyle. It was more than she ever had. The past, was not important as she told herself. The past wouldn’t help her now. It was all about the future. If it was meant to be spent with her love, then fine. It wouldn’t be spent in a cell with nothing but four gray walls to keep her company. It would be nice to stop running one day, but today was not that day. If it meant dying with her lover beside her, then so be it. It was the price they paid for freedom, she was okay with that.

The loud music and sound of the whiskey bottles clinking together distracted her for a moment before she looked back at the sea and sat down to nestle her feet further into the sand. The moon above them had shined more brightly than she had ever seen before. It brought her the solace she was so desperately seeking.

She brought her knees to her chest, chewing on her lip as memories replayed in her head like a slideshow, some were less than good. The fighting, the bruises, Frank, the guys, the girls, Frank's bright idea to start this whole thing, the plan put in motion, the running, everything.

“No regrets.” she whispered to herself and closed her eyes for a moment.

“Get up. Now.” a voice snapped her eyes open as she felt herself being dragged from the ground. She looked up into Frank’s eyes that were darker than usual.

“What’s wrong?” she asked as he pulled on her arm away from the music.

“We need to leave.” was all he told her.

“Why?” she replied worriedly. He didn’t answer, just kept pulling her away from her comfort as she tried to get out of his grasp.

“Frank! Stop it. What’s going on?” she asked him as he tried to get her moving, but she stepped back before he could grab her.

“Mia-”

“Tell me.” she cut him off as he sighed before staring at her.

“We’ve been spotted. Someone down at the store recognized us from the news. The cops on their way, we need to go.” he said calmly.

“But we just got here-”

“I know Mia. But we have to go.” he told her as she nodded.

“Okay.” she whispered as he nodded back and took her hand before pulling her back to the shack where they ran inside and did what they did best. They packed their belongings and the bag of money before he looked around one final time. He ushered her out the car where they piled in their bags and the engine roared to life.

“Feet don’t fail me now.” Frank muttered as he peeled out of the dirt pathway while Mia looked outwards.

“Where do we go?” she whispered, too afraid to speak as he shook his head.

“I don’t know, the point was just to get away.” he replied softly as he kept driving. The highway twisted like a long snake, anxiousness filled the air while Mia kept her eyes on Frank. The sound of police sirens made her head snap back as blue and red lights flashed in the reflection of the car mirror. She looked back at Frank, expecting an answer as he looked at her quickly, the feeling of the car speed up made her heart flutter. She laced her hand with his free one as he stared at her once more before speeding the car up even further, the lights still flashing behind them, before one car became two cars, and then finally three.

“Fuck.” she murmured to herself. Somewhere along the lines, a mistake was made. She just couldn’t identify what it was. She wore her wigs at all times when they went out, which was rare. Frank had the ability to disguise himself as anything, they were flawless. So what went wrong? Mia then knew it wasn’t a mistake, it was fate.

“Frank.” she whispered. No answer.

“Frank.” she repeated, when the car sped up even more.

“Frank!” she screamed, the tree from the corner of her eye suddenly appearing in front of them, the car swerving so swiftly, Mia felt the car flip over the small hill as if they were in a movie. Mia felt the glass shattering and the sound of metal bending and breaking hurt her ears. It happened in a flash it seemed before the car stopped turning and landed upside down.

Mia gasped as she felt pressure on her body and looked for Frank as he looked just as shocked. She released herself from the seatbelt, falling down with a small thud as she winced from the pain in her legs. She crawled out the window and with strength still standing, limped to Frank’s side as she helped him from his seat. He whimpered from the cuts on his arm as he looked at her.

“You okay?” he asked her as she nodded.

“Yeah, are you?” she asked him as he nodded back.

“Hope so.” he replied as he heard voices and then shouts as he looked back at Mia.

“This is it.” he whispered. “We take the money or we leave it, but we run.” he told her as she nodded before looking back at the car and then back at Matt.

“Take it.” she told him as he leaned back down under the destroyed car and reached for the bag while tugging on it hard in attempt to pull it out. He slung it over his shoulder when he stood up.

“Let’s go.” he told her as she followed quickly behind him, the shouts getting closer as they walked faster. The moon guiding them through the field of darkness. She winced as bushes scratched her legs, but they were determined to keep going as always.

“We can’t stop.” he assured her with a smile as she nodded.

“I know.” she replied as they picked up their speed. The sound of gun shots rang through the air as Mia jumped.

“Let’s go.” he said quickly dragging her hand with him as she desperately began to keep up.

“Frank.” she whispered.

“Come on Mia.” he replied as she staggered behind him like a child. Everything around began to blur as she tried to keep up. The gunshot went unheard, but the groaning next to her echoed through her ears.

“Frank!” she screamed as he fell to the floor, Mia felt for him and felt something sticky on her hands from touching his back.

“Go.” he whispered.

“What?” she panicked as he coughed.

“Go, you still have time.” he repeated.

“I’m not leaving you, are you crazy?!” she asked him.

“Please Mia, you can’t stop here. Keep going baby.” he whispered as she felt tears fill her eyes.

“No.” she whimpered. “I can’t leave you.” she whispered.

“Yes you can. Get the fuck up and keeping running.” he replied as he reached out and touched her cheek.

“I’ll be fine. Now go.” he urged her as she looked back to the hill and then forward as she stood up.

“I love you.” she told him.

“I love you too.” he replied as she nodded and kept walking, her heart beating rapidly as the voices and sound of bushes rustling made her swallow hard. She felt nervous, looking back to see if Matt was still there. She could make out his body still on the ground as she looked up and saw the figures of officers with flashlights coming closer. Then with a sudden thought, Mia slowed down. It was then she knew she was done running. She waited until they got closer and pretend to make a dash for it, provoking them to shoot the next round of bullets, the last one to hit her as she gasped from the sharp pain in her back. She fell to her knees as she heard Frank call for her.

She turned her head slowly and made herself crawl through the dirt back to him. She struggled and fell down several times before making it back to where Frank watched her.

“Baby.” he whispered carefully as she forced a smile and crawled her last few steps back into his arms as they encircled around her.

“I guess this is it.” she whispered as his hand brushed her cheek.

“It’s never the end.” he told her as he smiled while she nodded, coughing as the pain spread throughout her body until she was numb.

“Frank. I love you.” she whispered, tears falling down her face as he smiled.

“I love you too Mia.” he replied as he held her closer, both of them getting weaker.

“See you on the other side beautiful.” he told her.

“Already there love.” she replied softly before her eyes shut, prepared for the inevitable with a smile on their faces.

No more running.
Sign up to rate and review this story