Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Colorblind

Why Can't He See It?

by Katrina_Adams 3 reviews

If there was anything Ryan hated, it was that he had to lie to Brendon. Of course, the only thing Ryan really hated, was the way he fell for Brendon. Even if Brendon didn’t see it.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-02-13 - Updated: 2011-02-14 - 594 words - Complete

2Exciting
Friday. Band practice. And of course, Ryan knew who be there, besides Spencer and Jon. Him. Brendon. He was halfway there to Spencer’s house, where their band practiced in the garage for the past four months. Four months. It’s been four months, that he has known Brendon. Four months, Ryan thought. Four months of love, and hurt. Four months that Ryan had to suffer. He sighed, shaking the thought out of his head.

It was about ninety-five degrees out today, and the sun was blazing. Ryan was getting a bit sweaty, mostly because he was wearing his tight black skinny jeans, and a gray long-sleeved shirt, underneath his black sweater. It’s not his fault. He didn’t want his friends to see the cuts on the insides of his arms when he held his guitar. What would they think? What would they say? How would they feel? What would Brendon think? What would Brendon say? Would Brendon care? Ryan didn’t know. As long as they didn’t find out, Ryan thought.

Eight minutes later, and Ryan knocked on the front door of Spencer’s house. A minute later, the door was opened by a boy with dark brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes. Great, Ryan thought.

“Hi RyRo!” Brendon exclaims, as he opened the door to see his thin friend standing there.

“Hey,” Ryan says, looking down at Brendon’s shoes. It had become a habit, actually. To look down at Brendon’s shoes whenever Brendon was talking to him. Brendon must’ve noticed it by now, but maybe he just didn’t say anything about it.

“Come on.” Brendon reaches out and grabs Ryan’s hand, as he pulled the thin boy inside of the house, making his way through the living room, and the kitchen. He opened the door to the garage, where Spencer and Jon were playing Go Fish on the floor.

“Aren‘t we playing today?” Ryan asks, a bit confused, as he sat down next to Spencer. Usually every time he arrived at band practice, Jon had his bass out, and Spencer was already sitting behind his drum set. Brendon sat down next to Jon.

“No way dude. It’s too hot to play,” Spencer says, glancing over at Ryan. He looked down a bit, to see Ryan wearing jeans and a sweater. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“What?”

“A sweater and jeans in this weather?”

Ryan shrugs.

“Spence, got any five’s?” Jon asks.

Spencer looked away from Ryan, glancing down at his cards. He looked back at Jon, and shakes his head. “Go fish.”

Ryan watched as Jon picked up a card from the deck of cards between Jon and Spencer. He desperately wanted to take off his sweater, and roll up the sleeves of his shirt so he could cool off. But he wouldn’t. Ryan could handle the heat. He sighed, wiping a bead of sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand.

“Why don’t you just take your sweater off?” Brendon asks, looking over at Ryan curiously.

Ryan looked up at Brendon and then down at Brendon’s shoes. “I don’t know. I just don’t want to,” Ryan says, shrugging a bit as he said it. If there was anything Ryan hated, it was that he had to lie to Brendon. Of course, the only thing Ryan really hated, was the way he fell for Brendon. Even if Brendon didn’t see it.

----*

Rate & Review for another chapter. XX.
Sign up to rate and review this story