Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Summer's End

Wasn't expecting this

by lalatherapist16 1 review

Frankie finally tells Gee what the surprise is. But how well will Gee take it? And who will he meet again before the night is over?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-02-17 - Updated: 2011-02-17 - 1437 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Frank's Point of view


The movie had passed quickly. My heart was beating hard in my chest when the ending credits had started to play. Gee, Mikey Ems and I left the theater.

Now or at the restaurant? I had to choose and choose now. We were heading for the exit.

My decision snapped into place and I squeezed Gee's hand. I smiled at him and his angel's face beamed back. He always looked adorable, but when I'd seen him in the kitchen, my heart had nearly stopped and broken.

He truly seemed to be my little angel. My little angel Gee. I grinned and focused as I pulled out of the parking space and into the line of cars.

We got to the Olive Garden just in time to catch our reservations. Gee and Ems looked surprised and very happy. We sat at a circle table with four chairs.

There were a few couples and even another group in the place. Not as packed as I'd thought it'd be. Oh well, I was still gonna do it. Nothing was going to change my mind.

Nothing. The waitress came over and asked what we'd like to drink. She came back with a basket of bread and four drinks on a tray. I'd wait until we were eating to ask. But maybe when we were talking. I didn't want him to choke.

The waitress came back with out the tray and asked us what we wanted to eat. I said a salad, not listening to the other's. Ems caught my eye and smiled.

I read her expression easily. She was wondering if I was going to back out. I shook my head and she cleared her throat.

“Frankie, I wish you would just do it! Come on! Tell him what the surprise is.” she whined. I glared at her and Mikey backed her up.

“Yeah! He tried to get it out of me with a head-lock. You owe me.” he pushed. Gee just grinned at the two of them. I looked at him and he met my eyes steadily.

“What is it? I've been dying all summer wondering about what it could be.” he murmured, taking my hands. With his skin on mine, I felt all the fear and anticipation flow out and be replaced by love and confidence.

I stood up, brining him with me. He smiled at me and my heart nearly stopped again. I let go of his right hand and sank onto the floor, one knee under me.

His face was shocked and I pushed past the quivering fear in my stomach and pulled the little black box out of my pocket. He gasped and I smiled.

“Gerard Way? Will you marry me?” the words were so easy to get out that I shocked myself. Ems and Mikey were making excited noises to the side and I ignored them. I kept my eyes on Gee's.

They were wide and glassy, but he was still standing. Then he wasn't. He'd fallen to his knees in front of me and took my face in his hands, kissing me softly.







Gerard's Point of view


Frankie was sitting next to me, playing with my hand. I looked at him. His eyes were distant and he was caught up in his thoughts

When was he going to tell me? The waitress had come back and taken our orders. I saw Frankie shake his head slightly, looking at Ems. Then she cleared her throat, drawing all of our attention. “Frankie, I wish you would just do it! Come on! Tell him what the surprise is.” she whined.

Frankie was glaring at her when Mikey spoke up. “Yeah! He tried to get it out of me with a head-lock. You owe me.” Mikey mock glared at me and I smiled at both of them. They knew what was going on. And they wanted me to know, too.

I turned to Frankie, who was looking at me. Our eyes held and I didn't waver. “What is it? I've been dying all summer wondering about what it could be.” I said softly, taking his hands in mine. They were shaking but his eyes got brighter and he stood, pulling me to my feet.

For the first time, I noticed there was something in his pocket, but I didn't pay much attention to it. A smile was spreading across my face. I was finally going to know what the big secret was.

Then Frankie did something I didn't expect. He got on one knee. I felt my face go blank with shock as he reached into his pocket. He still had my left hand.

Was he.............? as if he were answering my thoughts, Frankie murmured, “Gerard Way? Will you marry me?”

My body went cold and hot at the same time. Kept my eyes on Frankie and the rest of the world seemed to be black and mute all around us.

I felt my knees give out and I was kneeling in front of him. I took his face in my hands and kissed him.

I didn't care who looked. He was my fiancée now. We were allowed to kiss anywhere we wanted.

He pulled back and I looked into his eyes. “Is that a yes?” he asked, breathless.

“Yes!” I yelled. His eyes filled with tears and I pulled him back to me. From the side, I heard Ems and Mikey laughing and cheering and everybody else in the room cheering.

I ignored all of them. In this little world, it was only me and Frankie. We were going to get married. We were going to be together for ever.

We had a lot of planning to do. I thought. And I knew Ems, Mikey, and both our moms were going to help.

So I kept this little bubble of bliss intact, kissing Frankie for as long as I wanted. And I remembered that the waitress was coming back, so I pulled Frankie up from the floor and sat him in my lap.

He bit my neck, giving me a chance to breath. The waitress's voice was coming from the side. “Uh.....they really can't do that in here. This is a family restaurant.” the waitress said softly.

Ems was the one to answer. “Sorry, miss. They just got engaged,” she explained. The waitress sounded surprised. “Oh. Well! Congratulations!” she sounded nervous now. I looked at her, breaking the kiss.

“Do you have a problem with that?” I asked. Frankie looked back at her and she shook her head. “No! It's just that people usually don't get engaged here. It's just weird is all. But, no, I don't have a problem with gay people. My older brother's gay and married.”

I looked at her. She looked familiar. “What elementary school did you go to?” I asked. She looked startled and answered slowly. “O.C. Why?” she looked at my face carefully and gasped.

“Gerard? Gerard Way?” she asked incredulously. I nodded, still not remembering how I knew her. Then when her features began to pop, I noticed the birthmark on her cheek. It looked like a little apple with a bite taken out of it.

“Samantha!” I remembered her clearly now. She'd been one of my best friends at O.C. And here I was, ten years later, my fiancée on my lap and she was in a black apron.

Her gaze followed mine and she blushed. I grinned and put my arms around Frankie's waist. “Well, this is Frankie, my future husband. And this is Mikey and Emily.” I nodded to them and they waved. “You remember Mikey right? He was just a grade below us. Oh and my little brother.” I added, looking playfully at Mikey.

“Wow, somebody got taller.” she teased, ruffling Mikey's hair. We all laughed at his red face as he flipped his hair out of his eyes. Sam laughed and sighed, slumping her shoulders.

“I have to get back to work. My boss is a dick.” she added under her breath.

“When do you get off? You should come hang with us.” I offered. She beamed at me. “I get off in about,” she looked at the clock on the wall and her grin got bigger “twenty minutes.” we all grinned and nodded.

Frankie tried to climb off my lap when Sammy left, but I held him against me. He grinned and kissed me again. The food came, and ours sat untouched.







I'm sad there weren't any guesses about Frankie's surprise! ~Tear drop~ lawl a little too late to guess now :P R+R PLEASEEEEEEEE!
Sign up to rate and review this story