Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Full Of Holes.

Icky Thump,Who'da Thunk?

by unitedsuck007 8 reviews

The MCR lads play their first gig.A new phenomenon called "Frerard" ensues....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-02-24 - Updated: 2011-02-24 - 977 words

5Exciting
"So,you actually thought Mikey's sinus problems were the work of paranormal cats?"inquired Montgomery over breakfast.
"Well......yeah,"admitted Frank."I mean,it's an honest mistake,he was like a fucking train!"
"Hey,lay off my sinuses!"Mikey snarled.
It's the first day of touring,and we're all on edge.We don't know who's playing,where we're playing or even if the crowds will like us......
"Okay,ladies,let's make a move on,we're on a tight schedule here.Lea,Gia and Sarah,you'll be staying here.Shannon,Montgomery and Mikey's Fan-club,come with me.Robert,Raymond,you guys need to register that we're here,and find out where we're playing and who we're playing with.Got it?"
"Yes,Maria."
"Uh.....I'm presuming Frank,Gerard and I count as the fan-club?"Mikey asks,smirking.
"Don't fuck with me,Way,or I'll make you wish you were born a woman."
Mikey paled and Sarah let out a high-pitched laugh.
"GERARD.MIKEY.GO GET DRESSED."
"I haven't finished my toast-"
"NOW."
I leave the table and slink off to my room,grabbing a Misfits hoodie and a pair of sweats on my way.After changing quickly,I return to the little kitchen,where Mikey is obviously celebrating International Piss Off Maria Day.
"Have any of you guys seen it?I'm sure I last left it in the living room...."
"Mikey,you do not need to straighten your hair every day,it's stupid,"Gia reassures him.
"Yeah,anyway,"says Ray,"it diminishes your hair's natural minerals,which are essential to a healthy scalp."
We all stare at Ray.
"I,uh,learned it from,uh,Lea,"he mumbles,not meeting anyone's gaze.
"He did not!"spluttered a shocked Lea.
"You really don't need it today,Mikes,'cause we'll be going apeshit on stage,man!"Frank shakes his head crazily in a drug-addict fashion.
"Mikey,Gerard,Frank,Shannon,Montgomery,come on."Maria is already out the door.
As I'm walking,Montgomery quickly catches up with me.
"So......how did last night go?"
"I don't know what you're referring to,Montgomery,"I reply coldly.
"You.Frank.A very small bed."
"What do you think I did,molested him?"
"Possibly.You are four years older than him.Pedo."
"Whatever,"I retort intelligently,disgusted.
She looks like she's going to say something else utterly witty and original,but Maria yells at her to "GET YOUR SKINNY ASS UP HERE."Apparently Montgomery's band are on tour with us.
Yay!
We continue on until we locate Bob and Ray,who hand us a the set list:
Green Day
My Chemical Romance
Whispers On The Radio
The Used
Rebelilicious
Mindless Self Indulgence
Radiohead


Wow,this is actually pretty awesome.The Used are here,and so is Green Day.That means I get to hang out with Bert.Radiohead,which I'm sure Mikey(and this story's author) will spasm over.
"Our first gig is in two hours,in the Ambron Theater.Mindless Self Indulgence are supporting,"reads Ray,"and we will play five songs."
We all nod,and part ways with Shannon,who is a techie for Green Day.We return to the bus and get ready for the forthcoming show.
X X X X
"MCR,"Maria smiles,"meet MSI."
I wave awkwardly and mutter "Gerard."
Mikey sniffs,Frank scowls,Ray fidgets and Bob just stands there.
Yes,we're just that social.
The other band,however,-"Mindless",to their fans-are positively bouncing with energy.The skinniest guy,who is wearing a skirt and has a pink mohawk leaps forward and says:
"I AM JIMMY,HEAR ME ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!"
I feel sorry for the girl next to him,who has a pretty hard act to follow.
She waves just as awkwardly as me and says:
"I'm...uh...LynZ."
The other guy blurts out "Steve" and the last girl giggles "Kitty."
They go on stage and begin to play.I hear inspiring lyrics such as "I've been denied the best ultra sex" and "FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT!"The nerves are killing me now,a hollow pain in the pit of my stomach.
They finally finish their set and it's our turn.
The first thing that hits me is the amount of kids there.Thousands.My legs turn to jelly and I can barely breathe.I walk up to the microphone,quivering.
"Gee!"I hear Frank shout behind me."You okay?"
I nod,in a daze.Then,I mutter in the mike:
"Hello.We're,uh,My Chemical Romance.We're from Jersey."
I don't know why the fuck I said that,but it seemed to work,because I honestly have never heard more screaming in my life.
This gives me a little more courage."This is I'm Not Okay!"
Ray starts up and I begin to sing.We get through it,"Helena" and "Honey" before it happens.
It's "The Ghost Of You".Near the end.I'm loving it,swaying my hips to the music and putting my soul into the vocals.
Then,it happened.
It was at the end of the song,the bit where I'm going "and all the ghosts that are never gonna....." and then I did it.I just slammed my mouth down onto Frank's,who was innocently playing guitar in the corner.
As we kiss,the crowd goes crazy.I hear chanting,screaming and even some insults searing through the air.I don't give a shit now,though;I've wanted this for months and now I've finally got the confidence to do it.
We finish with a high note with Prison.As we walk off stage,Frank takes my arm and says,
"Gee?Can we talk?"
I'll kiss your lips again.......





whoo!two updates in three hours!the title is a white stripes song."icky thump" is an anglicized version of "ecky thump"-english slang for "oh my" or "oh god".hope it was okay!update soon,xo lauren.



Sign up to rate and review this story