Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

It's not a fashion statement

by honey 1 review

My first fanfic, short first chapter. The title has nothing to do with it btw, just lyrics. Basically Holly is new to town (and America!) and meets the boys at school. Not too sure where I'm goin...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-02-25 - Updated: 2011-02-25 - 866 words

0Unrated
Holly got picked up at the airport by her new family, Linda and Rob, who looked as if they were in their 40's. She had been in care almost all her life, and now her social worker had decided to dump her on her distant reletives. One thing though, they lived in America. Holly had lived in England all her life, and had never even been on holiday to another country before. She didn't mind moving all that way though, she had never liked home and she needed a fresh start.
Linda fussed over her as soon as she saw her. 'You've grown up so much since I last saw you!' She exclaimed. 'Well yeah..' Holly thought, 'The last time we met was when I was a baby', Holly was now 16. Why do people always say that? Rob's greeting was not so over the top, he seemed quite awkward. They seemed nice enough though.
As soon as they got in the car Linda started excitedly rambling on, on about dinner and friends and family and high school, Holly lost track. When they got home they showed her to her new room and left her to unpack her things. The room was nice, a little small, but still nice. She could tell Linda had chosen the decor, bright yellow walls with an overly fussy floral bedspread. She sat on the bed for a while thinking, 'I hope it all works out this time' she thought. She was worried about going to school tomorrow. She had never been the sort of person that had many friends, and she didn't even know why, she was nice, friendly, but people just didn't see her like that. She had probably made it worse when she started to get into bad things, drinking and drugs, but it was the only thing that got her through things sometimes. She shook off those memories, 'No, this time things will be better. It has to be' She said to herself.
She heard tapping on the door, it was Linda. 'I've come to ask you what you like to eat, cos I'm making dinner, if there's anything special you want' she said.
'Oh.. Well I am a vegetarian' Holly told her, she hadn't eaten meat for several years now, 'Sorry if that's a bit awkward'.
'Oh not at all honey!' Linda said, 'I'll go and see what we have in', and she disapeared out the door and down the stairs.
Holly was finishing up unpacking when there was another knock at the door, and a boy slowly peered around the corner. He looked a little older than her, he had his lip and his nose pierced Holly noticed. He was wearing old jeans and some band tshirt.
'Heyy' He said, shuffling his feet, 'I'm Matt, I'm you new "brother" I guess..' He did the finger wiggle thing when he said 'brother'. 'Hi' she said, and he came and sat down next to her on the bed.
It was awkward for a few seconds and nobody said anything, so she broke the ice.
'Hey, can I ask you something Matt?'
'Yeah sure, anything' he said.
She hesitated for a second, 'What does Linda think about smoking?'
He laughed, 'You smoke? So do I. She hates it though, I'm 19 and she still doesn't know. So we'll keep it secret.'
She smiled, 'You think we could get away with having one now? I'm really desperate, I haven't had one since before I got on the 9 hour flight here'.
'Ooft' He said, feeling her pain, 'We'll tell Mom and Dad we're going for a walk, a tour around the town'
'Well we could do that anyway?' She said, 'I suppose I'll need to see where I'll actually be living'.

*

'You want to get a coffee?' Matt asked Holly.
'Yeah, sure' She said, as they walked accross the road to Starbucks.
They had gone out for a tour of the town. It was pretty small and dreary, and not many people were out. They had smoked a full pack of cigarettes between them while they sat on a bench and talked, then decided to go because they were freezing.
Holly sat down on one of the big sofas while Matt went to get their coffee. She sat looking out the window, watching the rain drops hit the glass. Matt came back with the drinks.
'So, you think you'll like it here?' He said.
'Hmm.. I hope so' She said.
Matt was a tattoo artist, and they talked a while about his job.
'Would you tattoo me?' She asked
'No way!' He exclaimed 'You're not old enough!'
'But I already have one!' She said
'Really? Show me!' He said
'No' She smiled, 'It's not exactly in a spot I should show to my new brother' she laughed.
They sat for half an hour until Linda rang Matt and told them to come home for Dinner.

When they got home they ate, and she went up to her room to get showered and ready for her first say of school. She was nervous, what if everybody hated her?
Sign up to rate and review this story