Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Ghost of You

by writingechelon 4 reviews

Inspired by My Chemical Romance's video for 'The Ghost of You'

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-03-09 - Updated: 2011-03-10 - 228 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Mikey.
Mikey?
Where was he?
MIKEY?
Gerard felt the explosions, he felt them crash, felt everything around him burn.
Where’s Mikey?
“WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?”
And then he turned around and saw him run.
And the deep, dark feeling he had had in his gut all day intensified, burned into his skull.
Because time itself had seemed to slow down.
Because the sounds had all been drained away.
“MIKEY!”
But he did not hear the sound leave his lips. There was just the sound of hearts beating, his or Mikey’s it didn’t care, just that booming sound shutting everything out.
And then the air escaped his lungs and his brain escaped his conscience because the sight that burned into his eyes was the only sight he would’ve given his life to avoid.
Mikey’s knees buckling and that angelic face freeze in complete horror and disbelief as the bullets hit his chest. And all that Gerard could do was scream.
He screamed once as the notion of him getting hurt sunk in.
He screamed again as he saw the pain in his brother’s eyes.
And he begged for the light to stay. He begged and prayed.
And then Mikey’s eyes met his, and they were tear-filled eyes, and they were fear-filled eyes.
And the light left them, and they were blank.
Sign up to rate and review this story