Categories > Anime/Manga > Hana Yori Dango > HYD_Drabbles

Lucky One

by darkelf19 0 reviews

A collection of drabbles and oneshots written hydchallenge

Category: Hana Yori Dango - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Published: 2006-05-19 - Updated: 2006-05-19 - 364 words

0Unrated
Lucky One

He takes their teasing as he does everything, with utter indifference. Sometimes I envy him. Sometimes I wish I could wrap myself in the same emotionless shroud that covers him. Maybe then this wouldn't hurt so much.

It's finally stopped. Trembling hands grip mine, her exhausted body collapsing to the bed beneath her, sweat and tears washing away the agony that's covered her face for hours. My heart thumps wildly in my chest, her final scream still echoing in my ears, the metallic smell of blood so thick I can taste it.

Last night my mother informed me I was to be married.
Like all children of the upper class, I had no choice in the matter.


She sighs, her eyes closing peacefully even as the tears well up in mine. It's over; her suffering is over. Squeezing her hand tightly I press a trembling kiss to her forehead, the tears spilling over as the need to be near her, to feel her skin against mine sweeps me away. I'm lost on a current of emotion, my heart beating so quickly I'm sure it'll burst.

Sadly I gaze at the coin in my hand, wondering what good money could really do me. So far it'd caused only suffering. But if there's a chance...

Then a new scream fills the air.
My heart stops.

Mechanically I toss the coin, ringing the bell as instructed and pray for the one thing above all else I want...

Wide eyed I look away from my wife, down the length of the bed where the shrill voice is still screaming, small wrinkled feet kicking indignantly at the air. I feel her hand grip mine as the midwife approaches, placing the squirming bundle on Tsukushi's chest.
"Omedetoo-gozaimasu Doumouji-san, you have a son."

Tsukushi is crying now, cradling our baby to her chest as he gazes at her curiously, unshed tears pooled in his large eyes. I can't help laughing. They look so damn cute, or maybe it's the euphoria catching up with me. I don't know. She gives me one of her funny looks and I barely catch the words 'baka' uttered before my lips claim hers.

Love.
Sign up to rate and review this story