Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Appetite For Destruction

Chapter One: Appetite For Destruction

by SixxLuver94 0 reviews

I watched in awe at the band in front of me. They had so much charisma, great chemistry, and a hell lot of attitude. It made it work.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-03-07 - Updated: 2011-03-11 - 810 words

1Funny
Appetite For Destruction

“Don’t you cry tonight…”

I watched in awe at the band in front of me. They had so much charisma, great chemistry, and a hell lot of attitude. It made it work. I haven’t seen a band that good since Motley Crue, and that was a compliment considering that I was good friends with them. I worked with Tom Zutaut who was the man who got the Crue signed with Elektra, and now he works with Geffen. His mission was to get this band signed. A mission I was helping him with because he asked me to.
“They are amazing, Tom.” I say. The lead singer had so much energy in him. He truly sang his heart out. I swear Tom did it again. He found the band that would change the music industry. “Amanda, we need to go.” Says Tom. I look away from the band and at Tom. “You don’t like them?” I ask him. He pushes through the crowd. I roll my eyes and follow him. We run into an ex co-worker of Tom’s from Elektra records. “They are pretty awesome aren’t they?” he asks.

Tom shrugs. “They aren’t that different. Seen a lot of bands that are so much better.” Says Tom walking off. I gape after him. I look back at the band on stage before running after Tom. “Are you crazy?! They were amazing, Tom!” I say running out of breath as we reach his car. “Get in the car Amanda. “ he says. I open the front passenger seat door and get in slamming the door shut. Tom get’s in the drivers. “How can you say no to them? This is your chance Tom. You can’t turn your back on them now. They were amazing up there. Just the kind of band Geffen needs.” I say blowing off steam from earlier.

“And Geffen will get them if it’s the last thing I do.” I look at him surprised. “Wait, what? Weren’t you all anti-guns n’ roses back there?” I ask him. Tom looks at me. Realization dawns upon me. “You were playing Elektra and all the other A&R reps in there. You sly dog.” I laugh shaking my head. “You even had me fooled!” Tom chuckles. “I better drop you off at your place. Your mother will be worried sick.” He says. I raise an eyebrow. “I am twenty-one, Tom. I can go home late if I want.” I tell him as a matter of factly. That night I went to sleep with a smile on my face. Guns N’ Roses. The next best thing in music today.

8:00 AM

“Amanda, get your butt out of bed. Tom is here.” Calls my mom over the banging next door. I groan putting a pillow over my head. “Now!” yells my mom. I sit up. “I’m coming. Tell him I will be down in a few.” I say stumbling out of bed. I run a hand through my black dyed hair. “Wretched woman.” I mutter under my breath. Of course everyone who knew me, knew that I loved my mother dearly. I am just not a morning person. I am a night owl, yes. A morning owl? Fuck no.

I slip on a loose summer dress, put flip-flops on, throw my hair into a messy bun, grab my purse and walk out of the room. “I’m coming!” I say walking downstairs. Tom was dressed in his regular attire. Kakhi’s, white ralph lauren shirt and his flip-flops. “You ready?” he asks. I roll my eyes. “What was so important that you had to get my mother to wake me up for?” I ask him in a rather annoyed tone. Tom smiles. “See you later, Candice.” Says Tom. My mom smiles. “Keep her safe.” She says. I give my mother a kiss on the forhead. “See you later.” I tell her before walking out the front door.

“Still creeps me out you are on a first name basis with her, Tom.” I say. He chuckles. “I have known your mother for over ten years, Maddie. What do you expect me to call her Mrs. Knight?” asks Tom. I roll my eyes. “She’s my mother, Tom. Excuse me for being grossed out a little.” I say hitting him playfully on the arm. We get into his car. “So… where are we going that you had to get me up so early for?” I ask him. Tom backs out of the driveway. “Visiting a friend. Vicky Hamilton.” Says Tom. I nod. “Okay. Visiting a friend. A friend I do not know.” Tom grins. “How do you feel about meeting the band from last night?” he asks. I raise an eyebrow up, looking curiously at him. “Guns N’ Roses?” I ask him. Tom smiles.
Sign up to rate and review this story