Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Once upon a White Day...

Could it be-?

by shakespeare_lozza 0 reviews

A tale of the trials and tribulations of love. "For the course of true love never did run smooth..." This one is for Kyo and Tohru fans everywhere...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Kyo, Tohru, Yuki - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-05-19 - Updated: 2006-05-20 - 634 words

2Original
DISCLAIMER: No I do not own Fruits Basket, no matter how much I want to...

Tie a white ribbon in her hair and be bonded for all eternity...

That is the legend of St Whites...


"Tohru, it's time to go!" Kyo yelled as he grabbed his bag. School had just ended for the day and he was tired and irritable. "TOHRU! I am talking to YOU!" God that girl could be an air head...a cute airhead... but an airhead none the less...Oh man, I can not believe I just thought that ... I am seriously losing the plot...

Tohru finally turned at the sound of Kyo's voice, "Oh I'm sorry... I just had to finalise the preparations for White Day tomorrow... Rice ball stands don't organise themselves you know!"

"Oh- Wait, what was that about... It's White day tomorrow?!" Kyo spluttered in complete surprise. "Why wasn't I inform- OH NO! Not Kagu-.."

"No need to worry, you stupid cat, Kagura's gone to the hot springs for white day this year. If you ask me, it's about time... I have no idea what she could possibly see in you..."

"Shut it, ya damn RAT! I don't need to hear your crap talk today."

"Mangy furball..."

"Dirty rodent!"

Tohru finally jumped in, pushing Kyo back. "STOP! Please stop!"

Yuki pushed his hair out of his eyes. "hmph.. sometimes I marvel at the fact I even waste my time talking to you... It is like having an argument with a brick wall, but I suppose a wall has a higher IQ rate..."

Kyo growled menacingly "You know you think you're such a 'wonder boy'! I think a better description would be the 'I wonder? Boy?'..."

"You're doing it again!" Tohru murmured as she continued pushing Kyo backwards, her hands planted firmly on his chest, holding him back.

Kyo staunchly attempted to control his anger. "Fine. I can't take this anymore. Tohru, we're going home." Stomping out of the room, he only stopped to yank Tohru after him.

"Okay. See you later Yuki."

Yuki smiled in a whimsical manner. "Make sure you get home safe and if it's possible don't let that cat do anything stupid."

Kyo sneered as he marched down the corridor. God I hate that rat...
He was enjoying the fact that every step he took was taking him further away from Yuki's annoying big talk. He glanced over his shoulder, only to see Tohru smiling dazedly at him. Kyo sighed, as the burden on his shoulders pushed down harder and harder.


...but I'll put up with him...



If it means more time with her before my freedom runs out...


~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0

The walk back from school seemed endless to Tohru. Kyo had a firm grip on her hand, and he was definitely dragging her along. Is he in a hurry to get home or something? Tohru feared that she might have done something to make him so quiet. Leaning slightly, she rested her head on Kyo's shoulder as they walked. At this, Kyo seemed to jerk back -halting mid-step- as if surprised by her sudden contact.

Tohru glanced upward, her eyes filled with concern. "Kyo, what's the matter?"
Kyo looked away awkwardly. "Nothing. What the hell are you talking about?"
"You just seem a bit... well... edgy..." Tohru risked a look at his face, only to be met by a dark expression.

Why has he always seemed so gloomy lately?


"Oh dear, please don't say that I have done something to offend you!"
"GOD NO!" At this exclamation, Kyo formed a sudden interest with something in the distance, ineffectively hiding his flushed cheeks.


I know what's bugging him! Tohru thought eagerly.

...

...

Hunger of course! I'll have to make him his favourite dinner!

A/N ~ poor innocent Tohru...

PLEASE R&R ~ *please don't be too critical...
Sign up to rate and review this story