Categories > Original > Fantasy

Keys of Time

by clintonmanual 0 reviews

Prologe to my new 'Keys of Time' series. Gives the origin of the Key of Time.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2011-03-19 - Updated: 2011-03-19 - 427 words

0Unrated
This was it, the pinicle of my existance. This one spell will land me an eternity in history. But as I weaved a spell unlike the world has ever witnessed, I had no idea of what effects it would have on me. As the words left my lips I felt my life following close on its heels, with every word my body felt weaker, my vision blurring, my memory fading. I gave it everything I had, I must finish the spell. Only when I was finished did it hit me, the magic strained my very life force to the brink. But it was not in vain, I had done what no one has ever done, what no god had ever dared tried, I single handedly held the Key of Time itself.
From the moment I finished I knew the time I had left in this world was soon to pass. Time is a picky one to mess with. You see, to visit the past was not so difficult, one must just have clarity of mind, to focus on the precise moment in which to travel to. To enter the future could lead to disastorous results. For no one can see the future, to jump into it puts your life and time in unknown hands. I had the good fortune to visit a time far from my own, with very troubling ends. I was able to see a future in which I never wish to see my kin suffer in. I made it my goal from there on to fix the past to control the future, but with great expectations begets great risk.
I forged similar Keys of Time embwed with protection enchantments that tested my frail body to the limits, but it had to be done, the future was at stake. But there was great trouble finding a candidate to save the future. I can only hope the power to control time lands itself in the right hands.
In the future it shall be non but folklore, a fairytale told amoung my kin, but one day destiny will be thrust upon a champion who will fight to save the future. For these are fragile times, but someone must carry the weight upon their shoulders, someone must fight to protect all of which they love and care for, just as I have done.
I do not regret sacrificing my life, the only regret I have is that I am not strong enough to carry it out myself. May good fortune carry you through your journey, Hero of Time.
Sign up to rate and review this story