Categories > Original > Sci-Fi

Bleeding Love

by kklmx 0 reviews

Blair, a young girl from LA who fights for survival everyday. Haylee, a girl from Australia who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. They come from completely different worlds but fate has br...

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-21 - Updated: 2011-03-22 - 1289 words

0Unrated
Warning: This a love story between two girls, so if this offends you or goes against your beliefs then maybe you should find another story. There will also be scenes of death, rape, violence etc...

Los Angeles, California. Also called the "Creative Capital of the World", is home to some of the most recognizable sights in the world. The world famous "Hollywood" sign can be seen for miles, welcoming visitors to the heart of the entertainment world.

A tourist haven, the city is always filled with people from all over the world snapping pictures of the famous landmarks, or shopping in Beverly Hills hoping to catch a glimpse of their favorite celebrity. The flashing lights and the world famous reputation attract people from all walks of life, all hoping to get a taste of the rich and famous lifestyle, and hardly anyone leaves disappointed. At least that's what most people hear about.

Nobody mentions the dark underground world, which provides almost the same amount of income as some the less questionable trades. Drug trafficking, prostitution, dog fights, drag races, just to name a few of the more popular attractions are amongst some of the most profitable and dangerous.

Perhaps the most popular event of the underground world is that of underground fighting; Illegal events where two fighters face off bare knuckled in a roped off area and fight until one of them goes down. For fans it's a chance for some action, and to place bets on their favorite fighters in a sort of updated version of the Roman gladiatorial games. For fighters, it's a chance to prove themselves as the top fighter, and a chance to get paid just enough to survive until the next fight.

This was the only life twenty-three year old Blair Young had ever known. Her father was a legendary fighter in the underground world, and she had been around the ring for as long as she could remember. In the ring her father was an animal, mercilessly beating his opponent to within an inch of their life. At home he wasn't much different. He was an alcoholic and he often made a habit of showing Blair first hand the moves he used on his opponents in order to "toughen her up." And it worked. By the time she was in her teens she was able to brawl with men twice her size, taking each hit as if it didn't faze her before taking him down hard. Her father's harsh "parenting" methods had helped her out of more then one hostel situation, and as much as she resented her father, she was grateful for that least.

One night her father had drank a lot even by his standards, and came bursting through her bedroom door, shouting at the top of his lungs about some unknown offense she had committed. When she had shouted back that his accusations were "bull shit" he had punched her square in the jaw. She stumbled for a moment before regaining her balance, his laughter echoing throughout the room.

Finally having enough, she fought back and unleashed seventeen years of anger and pain in punch after punch. Too drunk to fully fight back her father stumbled out into the hall, and one final kick to chest sent him tumbling backwards down the stairs. She watched in slow motion as the man responsible for a lifetime full of pain fell to his death and landed in a crumpled heap onto the floor below, his neck twisted at an odd angle. She fell to her knees and stared down at the limp form that had been her father. She didn't cry, she hadn't cried in years, because crying was a sign of weakness. All she could do was stare.

Her father's trainer Diego was the one who found the body. He stared in shock at the lifeless body of the man who had been the best fighter he had ever seen. After discovering it was his seventeen year old daughter who had finally taken the man down, he gave the girl an ultimatum: fight for him in her fathers place or he would tell the authorities about the murder, accidental or not. She reluctantly agreed and entered the harsh world of underground fighting at the age of seventeen.

A lifetime of violence and abuse had given her a fair amount of scars, both from her father and from the six years she had spent in the ring. But she draws her strength from them, seeing them brings back all the memories of the pain and anger she had experienced and she feeds off of the anger and unleashes it on her opponent night after night .

It is a hard life, one with no future and many don't get out of it alive. But she does what she has to, the same as everyone, just to survive.

******

Perth, Australia, located nearly ten thousand miles away, is almost another world. It is the largest city in Western Australia and the fourth most populated city in Australia. Called by some as the "City of Light" because every light in the city had been turned on as the astronaut John Glenn orbited by in the space shuttle. Twice.

Some of the most beautiful scenery you could imagine lies in the city. From the breath taking view of Swan River, and a short ferry ride to Rottnest Island, it's the perfect place for someone looking for that quiet getaway.

It is also ranked fairly high amongst the worlds most livable cities. With some of the friendliest people in the world, and the overall quality of life, it's easy to see why people from all over the world make a trip to this city.

For twenty-five year old Haylee Aldrich, it would always be home to her and she couldn't imagine living anywhere else in the world. Even from the time she was little and she was in school, she knew that where she lived was special. When her father had taken her to the beach when she was ten years old, and she saw the sun setting in the horizon, she knew she wanted to spend the rest of her life here.

Her whole family, her friends, and her life was here and she wouldn't trade any of that for anything. She came from a good family and they had always been close, she had even taken a job working in the front office of her parent's tire store. The middle of three children, she maintained a close relationship with her two brothers who were more like her best friends. She had a top of the line sports car which she called her "baby," a gift from her father when she had become the manager of the shop. She lived in a nice house in one of the nicest parts of town with her best friend (who had also her lover at one point), and there was never a shortage of wild parties.

She loved her life and tried it to the fullest. Whether it was getting VIP tickets to concerts, or staying out all night dancing at the club, if there was fun to be had she was there. Never having to struggle for anything, she spent money like it was falling from the sky, often going on shopping sprees for the most expensive clothes and shoes.

Every night she rests easy, never having to worry about where her next meal is going to come from, or if she will even have a place to sleep the next night. Never realizing how much of a blessing it is just to have the security of knowing you will not have to fight just to live another day.
Sign up to rate and review this story