Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Burned

by prodigy 1 review

Raven a girl been abused by her dad and made feel like nothing but crap can come out on top. come catch the next installment "Scortched"

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-25 - Updated: 2011-03-26 - 1439 words - Complete

0Unrated
TRUTH

Have you ever felt like something bad was going to happen? Well when you’re me you experience that feeling every day.
Life with an abusive father is horrible. The worst part is the only person I can trust most of my secrets with is my best friend Pyper.
Pyper is fifteen. She is about five feet tall and she is a freshmen. Sometimes I’m so jealous of her. Pypers long natural red hair. She is on everything at school. Such as: Student council, Queen of the dance, Scholar Bowl, and even the mathletes, volleyball, Soccer, Basketball, and Art club. The thing I like about Pyper is that no matter how much people think I’m weird she stills stays my friend. No matter what.
“Hey what are you up to?” Pyper asked
“Nothing much I guess. Aside from what is going on at home.” Raven told her
“Has he hit you today?” Pyper asked
"Does the sun rise?” Raven asked
“Let me see your arm.” Pyper told her forcefully
“Why?” Raven asked
“Let me see.” Pyper told her
“Fine.” Raven said
On Raven’s arm there was a huge red mark. It looked like a burn mark. No Pyper thought she can’t be burning herself again! Last time I almost had to take her to the hospital.
About six months ago Pyper had to take Raven to the Hospital because her dad had did the most horrible hit to her ever. There was a huge red mark on her forearm. The whole right side of her mouth had a huge red bruse. If I hadn't told the teacher that raven had a accident where she fell off her bike riding to school.
“Your burning yourself again!” Pyper yelled
“Shut up!’’ Raven yelled
“I don’t want the whole school knowing about this! Raven yelled Plus I’m just letting off some steam.”
“You can’t let off your steam like this forever.” Pyper told her
“I know, I know.” Raven said
The bell rang.
“Hey see you after school. Okay?” Pyper asked
“Maybe” Raven told her
“Be there.” Pyper told her
“Okay. Bye” Raven said
"Bye” Pyper replied
lies
Lunch came way too quickly. I love school because the longer I’m here the longer I can stay away from my father.
I’ve been trying to find some extra things to do after school but there are two reasons 1) I can’t find anything I like to do 2) My father might get mad and try to hit more.
The bell rang. Now I guess it’s time that I head off to Mr. Loins class. A.K.A Gym.
Gym is the most horrible class in the world Raven thought. What’s the appeal? You get all sweetie. Worst of all today is Dodge Ball.

“Come on girls! Mr. Lions yelled today is the day that we get to play my favorite game ever! Dodge Ball!"

Finally the day is over and now I can rest. Unless my dad is home
I have a pretty nice house after all. For an abusive man he does keep the house clean for some strange reason. Right when you walk into my house there is a nice loveseat and a couch on the far side of the wall. The flat screen TV is hung on the other side of the living room. Then there is the stairs next. That lead up to my room.
If my dad isn’t home I’m going to enjoy every single minute of quiet.
BEATEN
On the way home I could smell the roses. I liked the feeling of being free and just absorbing nature as it is. Thankfully I live near the country. So there is not real hustle and Bustle like the real city.
Walking gave me the time to think how I will ever survive living with my dad until I’m eighteen. I can’t live with my mom. Unless I dig up her grave and lay in it with her. My mom died when I was ten.
My father wasn't always an abusive man. Before my mom died he never used to hit me. We used to be so unified and we always had family dinners and family game nights. Before mom died I had a perfectly normal life.
My house filled with the smell of flowers. Flowers litter the yard. We have a nice hammock in our backyard. Your probably wondering how such a beautiful house and yard could even have sense of danger. But inside is a girl trapped and wanting to come out.

I walk through the front door and the first thing I see is my dad sitting on the couch waiting for me, like a cheetah waiting for the gazelle to pass and then going in for the kill.
Maybe I should just run up the stairs and lock the door behind me. If I do that than I will have to grab some supplies first I would have to bring up a snack because eventually I would need to eat something right?
Okay operation get food and run up the stairs and avoid getting hurt is under way. Wow I’m glad that I went with the short name Raven thought. What am I doing here? I need to get up stairs.

“Wait I need to talk to you.” Her father told Raven
“Yes” Raven asked
“Why were you late from school today?” Raven’s father asked
“I walked home today.” Raven told him.
“Why?” He asked.
“I needed the fresh air.” She told him. Raven was standing with her eyes flickering back and forth from her father to the stairs. For some reason she couldn’t move. She was frozen with fear.
Her dad looking in too Raven’s eyes with the expression of “I’m going to get you.” This moment was tense and Raven knew what was going to happen next.
So Raven darted for the stairs as quickly as possible her dad not far behind. She ran into her room but before she could lock it her dad came plundering into her room.
“Come over here you little maggot!” Her dad yelled
Raven knew that if she tried to speak nothing would come out of her mouth. Plus talking was just going to slow her down. She ran on top of her bed just narrowly passing her dad on the way out the door.
She ran into the kitchen eyeing a frying pan lying on the counter. Looks like these Karate lessons were going to pay off.
“You can’t run now” her dad told her
He was right there is no way out. Gotta think gotta think she thought. The frying pan, that should knock him out nice and easy. When her dad came at her she grabbed the frying pan and swung as hard as she could on to the man face. He stumbled backward almost hitting his head in the counter.
“You will pay for that!” her dad yelled
"You think your so cool huh?! Well you aren't! Your nothing but a piece a crap and nothing more! Don't thimk you can ever beat me at my own game! I admire your spunk though.
It was crunch time now. She got this amazing jolt of energy in her all of a sudden. She felt like nothing in the world could stop her now.
"This is a game to you!" She retorted
"Of course it is! I run the show in this house!" Her father yelled at her.
"Well I run the show now. There is no game anymore. Don't flatter yourself dad ,you were never a player." Raven told him.
Raven threw the cup on the counter and hit her dad where she hit him in the head with the frying pan.
Her father has no time react and got hit in the right in same place she hit him with frying pan. Her dad stumbles backward hitting the ground with a thud. Raven came over to check on her father. He had his eyes closed and looked to be unconscious. This was her moment to call the police. She dialed 911.
“911 dispatch what is your emergency?” The women asked
“My father is on the floor unconscious.” Raven told the women casually
“Okay. What is your address?” The women asked
“6852 willow drive” Raven told the women
“There is an ambulance on the way. The women said, "Now stay on the phone until someone is there.”
Raven hung up the phone anyway. Raven knew she wouldn’t have to deal with her father ever again.
Sign up to rate and review this story