Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Bipolar

Run Forrest, Run

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Adam and Carmen try to cut the budget for their wedding.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-03-26 - Updated: 2011-03-27 - 557 words - Complete

0Unrated
Run Forrest, Run:

I looked over the various wedding plans before me. How did it turn into this? I never expected to get married so soon. Why is Carmen so high-maintenance? This is crazy. I sat back and sighed. Plus I have work too? Geez!

I looked up when I heard the door closing. Carmen stood in the doorway with bags of things that she shopped for today.

"Hi," she greeted me. I gave her a tired smile.

"Hi baby," I said back. She noticed my face.

"Aww," Carmen cooed. "What's the matter, baby?" I shook my head at her.

"Nothing," I said. I looked down at our wedding plans on the table. "It's just... do we really need all of this?"

"What do you mean?" she asked as she walked over to me.

"Our budgets can't cover even a third of this!" I complained. "We have to make cuts." She began to pout at me.

"Really?" she whimpered. "Do we have to?"

"If we don't want to start our married life in debt," I said. She sighed at me.

"Fine, fine," she said.

"Okay," I said. "First, the location. I'm fine with just a plain church wedding and the reception at the activity center." She nodded at me.

"Agreed," she said.

"Right, now the band costs too much money," I said. "We'll have to cut them out." Carmen frowned at me.

"But, I already booked them" she complained.

"Cancel then."

"But I can't."

"Can't you ask one of your DJ friends to provide the music?"

"Maxxie's going to be out of town, Craig's working that day, Callie's baby is due then, Heather the Fox will be in Georgia, and Boss doesn't do weddings."

"We have to cancel the band otherwise we won't have enough money for everything else."

Carmen pouted as she sat back on the couch. "Fine. But what will we do for music?"

"We'll work with that later. Let's focus on the list at hand. Now, my suit and your dress are fine. They're just hand-me-downs anyway. Now for the food." I turned the page in the planner.

"The most expensive thing on the list is the cake."

Carmen gave me the look of death as she sat up on the couch. "Oh hell no! We're keeping the cake! Ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamt about have a beautiful cake for my wedding and we're going to have it, damn it!"

I quickly put up my hands. "Okay, okay. We'll keep the cake."

"Thank you."

"Now what about everything else?"

Carmen looked over my shoulder at the planner. She began to smile at me. "Oh don't, my family has that covered."

"But..."

She held me by my cheeks. "My family has that covered."

I nodded at her. "Okay..." I turned back to the planner on the black glass coffee table. Carmen and spend the whole night talking about what to cut from the list to save the budget. If it was up to me, we would just have a simple church wedding and have the honeymoon right on the beaches of Florida. But instead, I'm married to such a demanding woman who wants the wedding of the century. Sigh We won't be able to pay off any of this by the time we're forty-five!

Come Back to Me a While
Sign up to rate and review this story