Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

But I Only See You

by iamthelolrus 1 review

Spencer gets sick of his friends and decides to spend lunch in the library. And apparently, they have a hot new librarian. Joncer. AU. Sequel to I'm Not The Way You Think I Am

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-04-01 - Updated: 2011-04-02 - 1903 words - Complete

1Exciting
Spencer loved his friends, he really did, and he liked sitting with them at lunch, but there was one problem.

They all had obnoxious boyfriends at the table now.

Not just that, but some of the obnoxious boyfriends had obnoxious friends that they brought with them.

And day after day of Gabe and William making out, Pete accidentally insulting Patrick and Patrick getting mad, Brendon telling everybody for the 10 millionth time about Frank Iero's amazing cookies, and Travis telling them all about the hot girl he slept with the night before, got to be a little more than Spencer could take.

So finally one day, when Patrick was screaming at Pete and Brendon was extra hyper and Gabe was apparently extra horny, Spencer had enough.

"Would you guys shut up for one second? Oh my God! You are so annoying!" he screamed, and then stormed out of the cafeteria.

He wasn't sure where to go, since there was still quite a bit of time left in lunch, so he ended up going to the library to work on his English homework and maybe get farther in that book he was reading.

So he got to the library, which seemed to be completely empty, and was about to get to work when he suddenly saw the hottest guy he had ever seen in his entire life.

The problem with this was that the hottest guy he had ever seen in his entire life had to be the new librarian.

He was dressed up like a teacher and was sorting the books. He definitely looked like an adult and had stubble and was all sorts of sexy.

Spencer ended up staring at him for a minute until the librarian finally stopped sorting books and noticed him.

"Oh, hey, what are you doing here now?" the librarian asked. “It’s lunch time, isn’t it?”

"I, uh, got sick of the idiots at my lunch table," Spencer explained.

"Oh," the librarian said. "Why do you sit with them if they're idiots?"

"My friends all have new boyfriends who are the most annoying guys on the face of the earth," Spencer said.

"How annoying?" the librarian asked, raising his eyebrow, and looking super sexy.

"Like Gabe Saporta annoying," Spencer said, sure that the librarian had to already know them, even if he was new. "And Pete Wentz annoying, and Brendon Urie annoying."

"Oh," the librarian said, sounding sympathetic. "That's really...really horrible, actually."

"Yeah, I know," Spencer said. "I know."

The librarian smiled. "Well, it’s nice to meet you anyway. I’m betting I’ll be seeing a lot of you if you come to the library when you skip lunch."

"Uh, yeah," Spencer said. "I'm, uh, Spencer. Spencer Smith."

“Nice to meet you," the librarian said. "I'm Mr. Walker, but if nobody's around, you can just call me Jon. I hate being all formal."

Spencer nodded. "Uh, okay, Jon."

Jon smiled at him. "And you're always welcome to come here during lunch if they get annoying. I could use some help putting books away, if you wanted."

"Sure!" Spencer agreed.

"Awesome," Jon said. "Want to help now?"

"Okay," Spencer agreed. He ended up spending the entire lunch period talking to Jon. It turned out Jon was just out of college and still quite young, which Spencer had figured. Jon was from Chicago and had amazing tastes in books and was really interesting, even if he did spend five minutes talking about how flip flops were better than other shoes. It was a lot more fun than hanging out with his lunch table. And he got to stare at Jon's ass when he bent down to put books away, so it was all good.

So maybe he ended up getting sick of his lunch table a little more often than usual and spending a lot of lunch periods in the library, helping Jon sort books and talking with him.

And that resulted in the lunch table giving him a hard time one day when he went to leave.

“Dude, where are you going? We aren’t even being that annoying today,” Travis said.

”Yes you are,” Spencer said.

“No, we’re not. Nobody’s even making out yet!” Gabe said.

”I have to go to the library. I have to finish my essay for English,” Spencer said.

”Spencer, you finished that a week ago,” Ryan said, raising his eyebrow.

“No, I didn’t,” Spencer said, glaring at him.

“Does this leaving lunch and going to the library thing have anything to do with our hot new librarian?” Brendon asked.

”We have a hot new librarian?” Pete asked.

”Yeah,” Brendon said. “He’s really hot. And he seems really awesome and I was talking to him the other day and he likes Aladdin and we were talking all about how amazing it was and then we listened to the soundtrack on my iPod and then he helped me find the book I needed for Science class and he didn’t even yell at me for talking too loud when I was talking to Mikey about cookies.”

“And he’s a librarian, so he’s nerdy, so he’d be just Spencer’s type,” Gabe said.

“Shut up,” Spencer said.

”Is he hot?” William asked.

Spencer nodded.

“Aw, Spencer has a crush!” Patrick said, laughing.

Spencer glared at him.

“Well, good luck working on your ‘English essay’ then,” Gabe said, winking at him.

Spencer rolled his eyes and went to the library.


It was a few months of spending lunch in the library a few days a week, and talking to Jon the whole time, when Jon asked him, "Hey, there's this book sale tonight that's super cheap, and the school wants me to go pick up books for the library there. I was wondering if maybe you would go with me so it wouldn't be so boring? I'm sure they have some cool books you could get and we could go somewhere to eat and stuff."

"Sure," Spencer said, trying not to sound to eager. He knew that Jon only wanted him to help, and it wasn't actually a date, but his brain still kept screaming, A DATE WITH JON WALKER!

"Great!" Jon said. “We can leave right after school then. Just meet me here at the end of the day!”

Later in the day, Ryan said, “Hey, we’re all going to hang out tonight, you’re coming, right?”

“I can’t,” Spencer said. “I have plans.”

Ryan stared at him. “What?”

“I have plans,” Spencer repeated.

”No, you don’t,” Ryan said, giving him a weird look. “Spencer. We are definitely your only friends.”

“I’m going to a book sale with Jon,” Spencer explained.

”Who’s Jon?” Ryan asked.

“The librarian,” Spencer said.

“Oh,” Ryan said and then he started laughing. “Oh my god, you’re dating a teacher!”

”No, I’m not!” Spencer said. “He just wanted me to with and help him.”

“Uh huh, sure,” Ryan said. “I guess it makes sense you’d date a teacher. Oh my god, this is great.” He walked away, laughing.


After school Spencer went to the library.

“Hey!” Jon said brightly as Spencer walked in. “You ready to go?” Spencer nodded and they went out to Jon’s car.

They talked the entire way to the book sale and it seemed like they got there in minutes, even though it had been about an hour. The book sale was at a small library in a small town.

”I know, it seems kind of lame, but I promise, they have good books,” Jon said as they got out of the car.

“I believe you,” Spencer said, laughing, as they went inside.

The book sale turned out to be even better than he had been expecting. Although there were a bunch of old, lame, moldy books, there were also quite a few fairly new ones that weren’t lame. He even found one that he was pretty sure was gay erotica, and he thought about getting it for William. (Although, he didn’t, because it would be super awkward if Jon noticed that.)

Spencer helped Jon pick out some decent books for the school too, and then they paid for the books and left.

“So where do you want to eat?” Jon asked.

“Oh, wherever,” Spencer said. In the end, neither of them could decide, so they ended up going to a random Mexican restaurant that they saw.

They ordered strange sounding food (Spencer was afraid to try his, but it turned out be okay) and talked about stuff like they usually did, but for some reason it was better. Maybe it was because Jon seemed to even more chill than he was at school or just because they were out of school. Either way, Spencer found himself flirting with Jon a little, but Jon didn’t seem to notice, so it was okay.

After they, Jon brought him home. He stopped the car in Spencer’s driveway and said, “I had a really awesome time tonight. You are so cool.”

”Thanks,” Spencer said, blushing, having to remind himself that it WAS NOT A DATE.

“Well, ah...” Jon said, and then sort of stopped.

Spencer realized it was getting closer to awkward first date ending, which was definitely not the vibe he wanted to give to Jon so he quickly got out of the car. “I’ll see you later,” he said.

“Yeah, bye,” Jon said, sounding strangely disappointed.

He drove away, leaving Spencer feeling disappointed.

He just wished it could be real, sometimes.


A few days later, Spencer was in the library during lunch, like usual. They were just sorting books and talking when Jon suddenly dropped the books and turned to Spencer and said, “This is ridiculous!”

“What’s ridiculous?” Spencer asked, confused, because they had been talking about the Beatles.

“This! You!” Jon said. “I swear, I was so sure you liked me, I was sure you were picking up the hints, but nothing’s happened!”

“What?” Spencer demanded. “But...but you’re my teacher!”

Jon rolled his eyes. “You’re a senior. I’m 23. If we can avoid getting caught for a year, it’s no big deal,” he said, and then kissed Spencer hard.

Spencer returned the kiss, sliding his tongue into Jon’s mouth. Jon’s hands slid down Spencer’s back and they kissed deeper and...

They were interrupted by a giggle. They broke apart quickly and saw Mikey Way standing in the library. He smirked at them and said, “Smith’s with a teacher? This is ridiculously unsurprising,” he said.

“Why does everybody keep saying things like that?” Spencer asked, glaring.

“You’re not going to tell anybody, are you?” Jon asked quickly.

Mikey rolled his eyes. “Uh, no, I’m not. I don’t care what you guys do. Although you should probably not make out in the middle of the library if you don’t want to get caught,” he said.

Spencer and Jon both sighed in relief.

“Anyway, I just need to type up my essay for English,” Mikey said, going to a computer. “And, hey, Spencer? If you see Brendon, could you tell him Frankie has more cookies for him.”

“Uh, sure,” Spencer agreed. He then blushed as Jon took his hand and led him into his offic, shutting and locking the door behind them.
Sign up to rate and review this story