Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Faithfully I'm Still Yours

Nothing Else Matters

by LauraiSlaxl 0 reviews

Just a filler chapter, in which Laurie and Erin have a brief conversation.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2011-04-02 - Updated: 2011-04-03 - 556 words - Complete

0Unrated
"So, are you and Axl back together?" Erin asked Laurie. They were in the limo, riding to the St. Louis Airport, watching as Axl spoke to Duff and Izzy, thinking of some excuse as to his eccentric behavior of the previous night.

"Yeah," replied Laurie. "Since last night."

Erin giggled. "Good luck with that."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, you know. Don't act like you have no idea what I'm talking about. Axl used to tell me about your rocky relationship with him, how you up and left him for no reason in '87." She paused, smirking, then added:

"In April, he gave you a taste of your own medicine, didn't he? Kicking you out and coming to me--"

"Shut the fuck up; you don't know anything about Axl and I and all the shit we've been through together!" Laurie glared at Erin and there was, for a moment, something eerily Axl-esque about her look. This shut the model up long enough for Axl to notice Laurie's tight expression and tense shoulders. The lead vocalist got up and crossed the limo to sit beside the two women.

"Hey, Laur," he said, pressing his hand to her arm, gently rubbing her skin with his calloused fingertips, reminding her for the millionth time why she could have never fallen for Izzy. "What're you two talking about?"

Laurie shot Erin a quick try and insult us now look before replying:

"I was explaining to her why you make the best boyfriend of all time."

Axl's turquoise eyes glittered appreciatively as he struggled not to laugh; Laurie would never talk about something that "cute", especially not with Erin. He watched her unconsciously relax as she spoke, watched the fire leave her eyes, and wondered how she could lie so easily. He never realized that it was his presence that calmed her, his touch that made her feel so at ease.

"And why, may I ask, is that?" he asked, just to play along.

Laurie's expression softened slightly. She was facing completely away from Erin now, her hands clasping Axl's.

"Because," she said softly, "you are my soulmate and my best friend as well as my lover. I don't have to impress you or change around you; you've always accepted me for who I am. And I can always count on you being there for me: whether I'm happy or sad, angry or calm, you'll still offer me advice, and at the end of the day I know you will still love me with your whole heart and soul." Laurie's eyes were filling up by the end of this speech; Axl reached out and brushed a few stray tears away with his thumb.

"Glad to know I fill that tall order," he whispered, pressing his forehead to hers.

"It describes no one else," murmured Laurie.

Axl nodded and gave her hand a squeeze. He could have sworn that--just for a second--he'd seen something like regret flash across her eyes. But he knew he was mistaken; what could she possibly have to regret?

Before he could ask Laurie, however, the limo arrived at the airport, and they all hurried off to catch their plane. By the time Axl was settled enough to talk, Laurie had fallen asleep against her suitcase, and the vocalist didn't have the heart to wake her.
Sign up to rate and review this story